Snow Room on the Escape!

happy cruzin

What on earth were they thinking?? :rolleyes:

They must have completely run out of ideas's

"The Snow Room, which will be kept between 21 to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, will live up to its name by sending out snow flurries throughout the day. In a release, the line said that the chilly respite from the heat will give passengers a "multitude of health benefits," including stimulating blood circulation and strengthening the immune system."

Multitude of health benefits :eek::eek: :rolleyes:

Thats pretty funny, come to my house were it was 18F this morning

Edited by Laszlo

Honestly its a nice feeling after coming out of the sauna or steam room. Caesars Las Vegas has a similar room at their spa and it feels great.

I agree! Most high-end spas have facilities to help close your pores after spending time in the sauna or steam room. In the Nordic countries, mixing snow with saunas is an honored tradition. I'm looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by barnacle_boy

No thanks! I cruise to get away from the snow and cold. The ice bar on the Epic was at at least ok because there was alcohol involved.

I agree, and also we wear parkas and mandatory mittens in the ice bar. But I also admit that the ice bar was 12 degrees below zero on my last visit. :p

I agree! Most high-end spas have facilities to help close your pores after spending time in the sauna or steam room. In the Nordic countries, mixing snow with saunas is an honored tradition. I'm looking forward to it!

Yep, this is a common thing. I get the concept, but I'm not sure I could heat my core enough to want to spend much time in a snow flurry! ;)

Yep, this is a common thing. I get the concept, but I'm not sure I could heat my core enough to want to spend much time in a snow flurry! ;)

Fine. More snow for me! :D I've done this before, and thought it was absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been in ice cold water before and my temperature cooled and then warmed up. The process releases all kinds of indorphines in the brain and is very exhiliarating.

To be wet and cold and then jump in a hot tub or sauna really awakens the senses :eek:

Are snow ball fights and building snowmen permitted?

Edited by david_sobe

With all the green initiatives aboard their modern ships, they feel it necessary to make a snow room? I'm sure THAT room quite is energy efficient...

Actually only thing making well insulated freezers less energy efficient are people keeping the doors open. Well designed and executed freezer room is less energy consuming than a cabin where A/C blasts cold all the time - and there are a LOT of them on the ship. ;)

I've been in ice cold water before and my temperature cooled and then warmed up. The process releases all kinds of indorphines in the brain and is very exhiliarating.

To be wet and cold and then jump in a hot tub or sauna really awakens the senses :eek:

Are snow ball fights and building snowmen permitted?

I did a Polar Bear Plunge some years ago, all I got out of it was a massive amount of "Shrinkage":eek:

I'm waiting for a 15 story bungee cord jump thru the Atrium:D

I live in Florida, so I'm pretty excited about this :rolleyes:

I live in Canada and have no interest in this. If I wanna see snow all I have to do is look out my window. I cruise to get away from winter not to get even more. ;)

IMG_20150104_090916_zpslawngwan.jpg

No thanks!

I would love, love, love to try this...but not enough to pay for a full spa pass. The snow room is literally the only thing in the spa that would interest me. Too bad we can't pay for access to JUST the snow room. I'd totally do that!

I would love, love, love to try this...but not enough to pay for a full spa pass. The snow room is literally the only thing in the spa that would interest me. Too bad we can't pay for access to JUST the snow room. I'd totally do that!

What about just buying a spa treatment? I believe that includes access to the thermal suite.

Honestly its a nice feeling after coming out of the sauna or steam room. Caesars Las Vegas has a similar room at their spa and it feels great.

And something nearly identical was announced for Viking Star, the first ship for Viking Ocean Cruises.

The sauna and the snow grotto are just across the way from each other.

Sounds amazing... but of the announcements today, the new look for Spice H2O is what really caught my eye. LOVE the Grotto area!! But my husband brought up a really good point. If the rocks look that real it will be fantastic... but if they make it look like a rock wall and it looks cheap it could be one of the biggest flops on the whole ship

Relaxation948x253.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide

They must have completely run out of ideas's

"The Snow Room, which will be kept between 21 to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, will live up to its name by sending out snow flurries throughout the day. In a release, the line said that the chilly respite from the heat will give passengers a "multitude of health benefits," including stimulating blood circulation and strengthening the immune system."

Multitude of health benefits

Thats pretty funny, come to my house were it was 18F this morning

Well we woke up to a "blast" of artic snow/air after being in the 50's over the weekend. 6" of snow, 18 degrees (going down to 2 in the next few days), schools closed. I guess my blood circulation was just stimulated pretty well today. I'm glad to hear that trip to the grocery store strengthened my immune system because I'm sniffling now. :p (Or maybe that's just because my nose hairs are stuck together??)

I did a Polar Bear Plunge some years ago, all I got out of it was a massive amount of "Shrinkage":eek:

I'm waiting for a 15 story bungee cord jump thru the Atrium:D

Did someone say shrinkage? Is this a cheap way of a tummy tuck? I'm in if so! I could use some "many cruises/too much buffet" weight shrinkage these days. :p