Star's Dry Dock in Portland, Oregon

calex

If they don't repair the dent, I wonder if they could highlight the dent NORWEGIAN STYLE by painting it with a big bandage with a textbox 'OUCH' like you would see in an old Batman episode.

Like, Plus 1, Thumbs Up, whatever, I vote for this idea!!! :)

gary

The Star is off the coast of Seaside, Oregon and about to head up the Columbia Rive at Astoria. The map says ETA is 15:00 UTC 3/3/2015 which converts to 7:00 AM PST. But it is not there yet unless an extra day needs to be added to the time conversion.

Here is a link to a navigational map: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-124.2631/centery:45.7741/zoom:8/mmsi:311082000/shipid:374130

Chris

The Star is off the coast of Seaside, Oregon and about to head up the Columbia Rive at Astoria. The map says ETA is 15:00 UTC 3/3/2015 which converts to 7:00 AM PST. But it is not there yet unless an extra day needs to be added to the time conversion.

Here is a link to a navigational map: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-124.2631/centery:45.7741/zoom:8/mmsi:311082000/shipid:374130

Chris

Chris you are best! Thanks for the update.

I just checked Her Bow Web Cam, looks like a very rough Columbia River Bar crossing. That Bar can be down right dangerous. Once they cross the Bar, hopefully the journey upriver will be smoother. It should take 4 to 6 hours to reach Portland. They will have to drop off the Bar Pilot in Astoria and pick up a River Pilot. That might take a bit also.

I just checked Her Bow Web Cam, looks like a very rough Columbia River Bar crossing. That Bar can be down right dangerous. Once they cross the Bar, hopefully the journey upriver will be smoother. It should take 4 to 6 hours to reach Portland. They will have to drop off the Bar Pilot in Astoria and pick up a River Pilot. That might take a bit also.

What webcam are you watching? The only one I can find is from yesterday date stamped at 10am - hasn't updated today. I would love to watch her but cant find an updated one.

According to the Port of Astoria web cam, The Star went under the Astoria Bridge at 8:54 A.M. heading upriver. The weather looks really good. She might be able to make some time up depending on how long it will take to board a River Pilot and how much traffic is already in the River.

The web cam was probably turned off.

As of 3:30 AM PST she is across the bar and heading to Astoria to swap pilots

Bar for River.

I would suggest that 1500 is the local eta time based on where she is now.

You appear to be correct about the arrival time in Portland at 3 PM local time.

Trying to figure out a good place to view the Star coming in to Portland. Thinking about Kelley Point Park - any guesstimate as to time to be ready with cameras ??

Kelley Point park looks like the perfect place on a map. :)

Please take pics and post them for us. Thank you!!

She is out by Sauvie Island now. I have looked and there are no web cams anywhere along her route. I suppose that Cathedral Park under the St Johns Bridge would be a good place to view and snap photos as would Kelly Point Park. I have attached some of the screen shots from some of the web cams this morning in Astoria.

125381994_Astoriastar2.jpg.abb90cf86d2b4f52e2850e48d61b56d2.jpg

1369954591_Astoriastar3.jpg.b682a535430e7072fdc99b0dceebab25.jpg

1264255443_Astoriastarbridge.jpg.39d1a2c0427d031e3aba9794b5a2d363.jpg

AstoriaUS101MeglerBrNB_pid392.jpg.baba263a9552127a137fad36b6249a5f.jpg

She is out by Sauvie Island now. I have looked and there are no web cams anywhere along her route. I suppose that Cathedral Park under the St Johns Bridge would be a good place to view and snap photos as would Kelly Point Park. I have attached some of the screen shots from some of the web cams this morning in Astoria.

Thanks for the pics...love them...love them