NCL's Kevin Sheehan exiting, FDR to step in as CEO.

Almagetty

I cannot open it either, but if you "google" FDR and NCL it shows on many different news sites.

Funny.. inside the server of Seatrade... that article is linked to:

ht-tp://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/do-not-post-this-yet-do-not-post-this.html

Edited by computerworks

---

“Frank Del Rio has established himself as a leader and innovator in our industry,” said Steve Martinez, member of Norwegian’s Board of Directors.

“Norwegian is poised for continued growth and we are delighted to have Frank lead our team during the next phase of the company’s evolution. We also thank Kevin Sheehan for his service to the company.”

Sheehan said: “It has been a privilege to lead Norwegian over the last seven years. I am proud of what we have accomplished, and take comfort in the knowledge that I am leaving the company much healthier and stronger than when I joined.

“With the company set for success, I hand the baton off to Frank, a proven leader in the cruise industry.”

Congratulations to Mr. Del Rio! I believe this will reassure those concerned about the future of Oceania and Regent.

We met Mr. Del Rio briefly on the maiden voyage of Marina, and I hope he remains the same unassuming hard worker who was proud of his accomplishments that we observed during that trip.

I am very happy that our newfound favorite cruise line now stands a much better chance of maintaining the high standards we love. And that my original favorite cruise line may benefit from Mr. Del Rio's fine eye for detail and excellence.

And, as a fellow Cuban-American, congratulations to Mr. Del Rio on another fine accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Im sorry, thats the silliest thing I have ever heard..

Jancruz1

I bet it isn't!

I think it's way too soon for the terror threat to have impacted on the cruise industry. I thought you had posted some news about FDR when I saw your name on this thread :).

I bet it isn't!

I think it's way too soon for the terror threat to have impacted on the cruise industry. I thought you had posted some news about FDR when I saw your name on this thread :).

I did post about Frank..I agree the terror threat had NOTHING to do with his becoming President and CEO..he is an innovator in the industry and IMHO deserved this amazing opportunity..I did request he paint the ships..LOL

Jancruz1

Im sorry, thats the silliest thing I have ever heard..

Jancruz1

Back up and review the context for better comprehension. Portofino was referring to NCL's stock price which has dropped today. Travel stocks often react quickly and negatively to terrorist threats and atrocities.

NCL is my favorite line, they invented the free style concept that all lines have copied in some way. I have felt they were going down hill, espically with their new mega ships. After seeing where Oceania has gotten in just a few years it is clear Frank is the person to lead the company. I wonder how this will effect the people here that love to slam NCL. Leave the paint job alone, it's a trademark at this point and let's you recognize which ship it is and where it is homeported.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app