NCL's Kevin Sheehan exiting, FDR to step in as CEO.

Almagetty

Im sorry, thats the silliest thing I have ever heard..

Jancruz1

Jan,

I believe that he meant that the generally lower stock prices for Cruise firms was perhaps related to the terror attack, not FDR's good news ;-)

P.S. What happened to the "Wink" Emoticon?

Back up and review the context for better comprehension. Portofino was referring to NCL's stock price which has dropped today. Travel stocks often react quickly and negatively to terrorist threats and atrocities.

Stocks sure do react to current news and the Paris news is not good for travel. Neither was the terror attack in Sydney a few weeks ago. Or the Russian news that we have been getting for months. Don't know where to go anymore. :(:(

Started writing and I forgot the most important thing I had to say which is congrats to Mr. FDR. I am very excited to see him take over the entire company and am sure it will be great, not just for all our O people out there, bit all the NCL people as well. He and his team sure know how to run a cruise line. Might even try an NCL cruise. :):)

Stocks sure do react to current news and the Paris news is not good for travel. Neither was the terror attack in Sydney a few weeks ago. Or the Russian news that we have been getting for months. Don't know where to go anymore. :(:(

I am headed to Paris in July enroute to a week-long barge cruise of Burgundy and could not be more thrilled. http://www.belmond.com/afloat-in-france/holidays/grand_cru

Edited by OctoberKat

Leave the paint job alone, it's a trademark at this point and let's you recognize which ship it is and where it is homeported.

I'm with Jan on this one-

In this crazy, upside down world that we live in, Kim Kardashian's rear end is a trademark too-

th?id=HN.608002219458759558&pid=15.1&H=106&W=160 and both are equally as tasteful and attractive, if I may say so.....

Repaint!

Edited by StanandJim

Yemen? :D

Seriously though - congratulations to FDR for a well deserved recognition and I personally feel much more comfortable now with Oceania being under the NCL umbrella.

Back up and review the context for better comprehension. Portofino was referring to NCL's stock price which has dropped today. Travel stocks often react quickly and negatively to terrorist threats and atrocities.

Thank you OctoberKat,

I was a financial consultant earlier in my life and DH was CEO of a large privately held company. Yes, it was about the stock price drop another poster commented on.

Well, I've never cruised NCL so can't really begin to compare the lines, especially their management. However, I have cruised Oceania from its inception and have been impressed with how much it has improved over the years (although in fairness, I believe their prices have gone up a little too). I think perhaps FDR's promotion is a win-win for both painted hull ships AND white hull ships!

Edited by roothy123

Thank you OctoberKat,

I was a financial consultant earlier in my life and DH was CEO of a large privately held company. Yes, it was about the stock price drop another poster commented on.

Actually, it's recovered nicely...down just a tad more than it's peers and the market overall.

But, my earlier comment was relating to the move relative to it's peer companies ...with no company specific news, they should move relatively the same. After the initial announcement, NCLH did diverge. But, as I said, has recovered nicely.

I am headed to Paris in July enroute to a week-long barge cruise of Burgundy and could not be more thrilled. http://www.belmond.com/afloat-in-france/holidays/grand_cru

Have a great time in Paris, but if these kind of terror attacks continue you could find yourself one of only a few tourists there. Hope not. We plan a Baltic cruise in Aug.on O and fully intend to go, but we will watch and see.:):)

Well, I've never cruised NCL so can't really begin to compare the lines, especially their management. However, I have cruised Oceania from its inception and have been impressed with how much it has improved over the years (although in fairness, I believe their prices have gone up a little too). I think perhaps FDR's promotion is a win-win for both painted hull ships AND white hull ships!

All we have to do is look at what Mr. FDR and his team have built in a short few years starting with one ship. He should be able to add a lot to NCL. :):)

Thanks for the explanation..got it now..

Jancruz1

Thanks for the explanation..got it now..

Jancruz1

On the first day of NYSE trading after 9/11, the market fell 684 points, a 7.1% decline, setting a record for the biggest loss in exchange history for one trading day. At the close of trading that Friday, ending a week that saw the biggest losses in NYSE history, the Dow Jones was down almost 1,370 points, representing a loss of over 14%. The Standard and Poor's (S&P) index lost 11.6%. An estimated $1.4 trillion in value was lost in those five days of trading.

Glad you got it...Silly..NO

it looks very inviting. I have done the Burgundy region and BEAUNE is fabulous and my favorite. I want to do the Bordeaux region, next on my list.

Quite different from Oceania but looks great. Don,t know if it would be a little too quiet but think I would like to try this kind of tour. :):)

Great news to read of Mr. Del Rio. Congratulations! We have had happy trips on O and we fairly recently sailed on NCL (gasp, yes a quiet secret, chose to not write a review) and look forward to his input.

Just the other day we were discussing his hands-on involvement when on Marina's maiden voyage FDR, Mr. Binder & a rep from Fincantieri (I assume) were making rounds. Clipboard in hand notes were made of this and that detail. (won't mention the discussion of the wonderful, enormous quartz crystal table lamps that once adorned the Grand Bar ) We were impressed that FDR and Bob were on-board working sleeves rolled up not just taking in all the praise.

Not to take anything away from where Kevin Sheehan has brought NCL as a company over the past few years, including their shareholder value, but we are glad to see the FDR touch will still be at Oceania

Edited by YoHoHo

Breathing a great sigh of relief, sending hearty congratulations to Mr. Del Rio, and feeling more upbeat about things...

So now will FDR film Undercover Boss (like the NCL guy did???)

Really glad for MR. FDR, but the NCL guy did a great job also. Turned around that company and helped create what we have today.

...So now will FDR film Undercover Boss (like the NCL guy did???)

Is there anyone who wouldn't recognize him?

He visits the Oceania and Regent ships quietly elvery time they're in Miami and most never know he's been on board. I'm sure he'll do the same with NCL ships (although many of them never make it to Miami).

He visits the Oceania and Regent ships quietly elvery time they're in Miami and most never know he's been on board. I'm sure he'll do the same with NCL ships (although many of them never make it to Miami).

Who does not make it to Miami ?? NCL???

Most crew know FDR when he is onboard O & am sure Regent crew know him

When he is onboard the crew are in top form

You are right, of course, Don!! Was kidding of course!!!