Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Events

Celebrity Cruises

The Cruise Critic site for the Celebrity Meet and Mingle parties has been down for several days for all ships. I would be interested in hearing from a Celebrity representative as far as what is going on and an estimated time frame for the problem to be resolved. Please.

Hi all,

Can a few guests are who having this issue please email us at concerns@celebrity.com with your Ship and Sail Date. We'll look into this, and try to have resolved. Thanks!

I will e-mail you as well. There are two ships and two dates affected from our perspective, but I am thinking there are many more. It has been down since approximately 5/27/2015. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Edited by Edgewater601

I have been trying for days tp enrol for a Cnnections Party on the Celebrity Eclipse cruis on the 14th June 15.

I am registred but the party list is not avaialble, can we go to Guest Relations once we board & put our names done there?

Hi all,

Can a few guests are who having this issue please email us at concerns@celebrity.com with your Ship and Sail Date. We'll look into this, and try to have resolved. Thanks!

PLEASE fix this problem. I started a thread about it a week or so ago. I am on two upcoming sailings on the Summit and there is a problem with both of them and I think it may be affecting all of the sailings.

Edited by midwestchick

Here is my reply to the Celebrity email link above:

I have been trying to sign up for the Cruise Critic Connections party on my Celebrity sailing every day since we hit the one-year mark, and every time the Celebrity website page shows an error warning on the right side [before I can enter any information] "Cannot retrieve CruiseCritic party at this time.”

If I fill in the information on the Left side, it initially comes back with correct information about myself and my wife on this sailing, but after filling in all the other information it loops me back to that same page — but without any passenger information. At the top of the page it still says "Thank you for deciding to make a connection. To participate in Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections, simply check the box next to your name below. If any other individuals in your booking would also like to participate, check their names as well. You will then be designated as the contact for all individuals in your booking to receive the confirmation or cancellation emails.”

Here is the information you requested:

Ship: Constellation

Sail Date: 31 May 2016 [in the European format, as the website demands that I input it!]

But the bigger question is why you think you need this data, since the problem occurs on the VERY FIRST PAGE before anyone has a chance to input the ship and sail date info. The problem is endemic to ALL ships and sail dates.

I've been able to register for a Connections Party on the first leg of an upcoming B2B2B, but not for either of the other legs. Given that the same situation occurred last January, this appears to be a repeating problem. Just wish it would be repaired.

I have been trying for days tp enrol for a Cnnections Party on the Celebrity Eclipse cruis on the 14th June 15.

I am registred but the party list is not avaialble, can we go to Guest Relations once we board & put our names done there?

jenpet: You certainly can go to Guest Relations once onboard and check the date, time and location of the Connections Party. But it is just nice to sign up prior to boarding and not have to stand in the long line which always seems to form on the first and second day of a cruise.

Hi all,

Since many guests are having issues, we will be going back to the procedure that we originally posted here. Thank you all for the emails as we look into this issue, but in the meantime, we want to be sure that these parties still occur!

At this time, we don't need any additional emails. Thank you!

Hi Celebrity cruises -- glad to see you're working on this one. Please keep us posted on progress getting the link fixed. Some of us are still almost a year out from our cruise, so I'm hoping that it's fixed by then. Not sure how well the onboard sign-up sheets will work, since we weren't able to get the minimum 25 sign-ups, prior to the problems with the link. Won't the activities co-ordinater on our ship just assume that there was no interest in a Connections Party, for our sailing? :confused:

Edited by wwcruisers

Hi Celebrity cruises -- glad to see you're working on this one. Please keep us posted on progress getting the link fixed. Some of us are still almost a year out from our cruise, so I'm hoping that it's fixed by then. Not sure how well the onboard sign-up sheets will work, since we weren't able to get the minimum 25 sign-ups, prior to the problems with the link. Won't the activities co-ordinater on our ship just assume that there was no interest in a Connections Party, for our sailing? :confused:

My concern as well. We happen to have a cruise on 11/14/2015 and did NOT yet have the required 25 when the site went down. I understand Celebrity was quite awhile getting the last issue fixed. Your last procedure/instructions state that the party will be held even if the 25 person requirement was not reached. I am assuming this is still the case. Can you please confirm? Hopefully you will continue to brief us frequently on this issue so we know the status. Thank You!

Edited by Edgewater601

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but it looks like the ConnectionsParty link is back up and working -- at least for the cruise that we and Edgewater are on. It took me three tries to complete the 2-page registration, though. As soon as I entered our reservation number, name, and sailing date, I got that annoying "Please take a Survey" pop-up -- right in the middle of the screen. When I tried to close the pop-up, I got kicked out of the secure site, and had to start all over. Third try -- no pop-up, and I was successfully able to register for our Connections Party. I'm encouraging everyone on my r/c to sign up quickly, in case the link goes down, again.

As I reported on the "other" M&M sticky -- our Connections Party sign-up link for the 5-26-16 sailing of Silhouette worked for about 24 hours. It's apparently down again, after apparently wiping out at least 12 registrations. This is getting old -- PLEASE do something about it! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Help Please!

Has this registration problem been resolved?

I am trying to sign up for a cruise in Jan 2016 on Silhouette. We are listed as booked on the Celebrity web site. The Connections sign up is saying "Cruise critic registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."

Is this the problem everyone is having, or is this an issue with having booked through a TA? Not sure who to contact with this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Help Please!

I am trying to sign up for a cruise in Jan 2016 on Silhouette. We are listed as booked on the Celebrity web site. The Connections sign up is saying "Cruise critic registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."

Is this the problem everyone is having, or is this an issue with having booked through a TA? Not sure who to contact with this issue.

Thanks for your help.

I just signed up for a party yesterday.

Edited...misread your date. You should be able to sign up.

Edited by midwestchick

Help Please!

Thanks for your help.

I don't use a TA, but I've heard of that happening, especially if your TA has you in with a group-booking. In that case, you may not get your real booking number (which you need to sign up for the party) until closer to the cruise. You might remind your TA that you will need that number, to sign up for the Connections Party. You can also post your question on your roll-call thread, to see if anyone else is having trouble signing up.

• 2 weeks later...