Orlando airport - Port Canaveral

mattpro

Flying in Saturday for a Sunday cruise.

Does any one know if there is an Orlando hotel that provides a shuttle to PC ?

TIA

I'm not aware of one. Your best options would be to rent a vehicle or simply take a cab.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just for perspective, it looks like the Cocoa Beach Shuttle is about $58 for 2 (plus gratuity). I think when we rented the car the cost was about $50. Almost a wash either way unless you have more than 2 in your party.

The Budget office was a couple of blocks from the Raddison. When you drop the car off they offer complimentary shuttle service to Port Canaveral.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Flying in Saturday for a Sunday cruise.

Does any one know if there is an Orlando hotel that provides a shuttle to PC ?

TIA

When we went on the Freedom, flew into Orlando, rented a car from Budget, cost for car was $40, and stayed at the Radisson.

In the morning I drove the car to budget which is only about two blocks from the hotel, and walked back to the hotel, then took the shuttle to the port, cost was

$8 per person.

Another nice thing about renting a car is having the ability to go to a store for wine or other items you might need, or go to a restaurant for dinner that might not be close to the hotel.

We recently used Dollar as we arrived early the day before the cruise and wanted the freedom to drive around.

Good thing we did as we had a lot of rain and would have been bored otherwise.

The return was easy the next morning. Just a few blocks from the hotel. The Dollar shuttle took us to the ship.

FYI, we stayed at Radisson at the Port and they now have a special cruise rate that will transport you from the airport to the hotel and then to the ship the next day. If you don't want to have a car this may be a good option for you.

Thank you for your responses.

Looks like Cocoa Beach shuttle to Radisson - then back to Orlando after cruise is over.

YOU CAN GET a discount from cb shuttle if you tell them you are a cruise critic member.the fare was 25 each iirc..

Edited by emdia43

We just booked thru go port canaveral dot com for this past Dec. I was a little worried as I had trouble finding reviews. But it went really well! We stayed at Hampton Inn near the Orlando airport. They provided transportation from the airport to the hotel, the next day from the hotel to the port, and then from the port to the airport. They use Traverlynx for their transportation. Really convenient. There was a chili's 2 doors down for dinner, and they had a free breakfast. They even provided a car seat for my son. (way to port no need, as we were in a big bus). Pricing was best I could find as well.

Wish I found such a deal for our upcoming trip in Fort Lauderdale.

• 3 months later...
We just booked thru go port canaveral dot com for this past Dec. I was a little worried as I had trouble finding reviews. But it went really well! We stayed at Hampton Inn near the Orlando airport. They provided transportation from the airport to the hotel, the next day from the hotel to the port, and then from the port to the airport. They use Traverlynx for their transportation. Really convenient. There was a chili's 2 doors down for dinner, and they had a free breakfast. They even provided a car seat for my son. (way to port no need, as we were in a big bus). Pricing was best I could find as well.

Wish I found such a deal for our upcoming trip in Fort Lauderdale.

Hi. I was so excited to see your post. We are going in August and planning transportation now. Did the Hampton at the Orlando airport pick you up at the airport and take you to their hotel at no charge? How much did they charge you from the Hampton at the airport to the ship. I will probably never be able to find your answer so would you mind answering me at adele@sircoconsultants.com. I hope to hear from you and thank you so much. Adele

What I wound up doing for my cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Went to website - go port Canaveral - got a deal for $139.00

Picked me up at airport - took me to the Palms International hotel in Cocoa Beach (right on the beach)for an overnight stay - picked me up the next day and took me to the Freedom - then picked me up when the cruise was over and took me back to the airport.

For reference - it costs me $150.00 for a round trip taxi ride in Virginia (25 miles one way with no tolls) from my home to DCA airport.

Wonderful experience and would highly recommend.