Has anyone watched the Superbowl on a Royal Caribbean ship before?

Jason008

They will probably show the game on the pool big screens, and other places around the ship. When we were on Adventure last year, they had hot dogs, nachos, chips, etc. in Studio B.

Now that's the way to watch a game, especially if it's a sea day! We're doing Adventure again next year and it's our 2nd cruise, but both are in the Spring. :(

We did two consecutive years of Superbowls on Navigator of the Seas. They had some promotion both years called ESPN at Sea where there were a couple ex-pro players on board. Football themed pool side activities. Showed the game in the theater with tailgate food.

I was with some non-football fans. Wore my Wes Welker Patriots jersey and was getting high fives from everyone. My friends didn't understand why I was so popular LOL.

We did two consecutive years of Superbowls on Navigator of the Seas. They had some promotion both years called ESPN at Sea where there were a couple ex-pro players on board. Football themed pool side activities. Showed the game in the theater with tailgate food.

I was with some non-football fans. Wore my Wes Welker Patriots jersey and was getting high fives from everyone. My friends didn't understand why I was so popular LOL.

That's awesome! What fun! :)

Pats fan ourselves! :)

We sail on the Quantum the day after this year's Super Bowl and hope it will be a celebratory one for us Pats fans who will be watching the game itself back home. When we were on Jewel a few years back, we watched the game on the large screen in the theater and the telecast included all of the national commercials and only blocked the local drop-in commercials. In the past we have also watched the telecasts of various sporting events including the 2013 World Series won by the Boston Red Sox. That was during a repo cruise out of Boston on Brilliance of the Seas, so almost the entire ship consisted of diehard Sox fans. GO PATRIOTS.

We sail on the Quantum the day after this year's Super Bowl and hope it will be a celebratory one for us Pats fans who will be watching the game itself back home. When we were on Jewel a few years back, we watched the game on the large screen in the theater and the telecast included all of the national commercials and only blocked the local drop-in commercials. In the past we have also watched the telecasts of various sporting events including the 2013 World Series won by the Boston Red Sox. That was during a repo cruise out of Boston on Brilliance of the Seas, so almost the entire ship consisted of diehard Sox fans. GO PATRIOTS.

How fun! YES ..... GO PATS!!! And GO SOX this year too! :)

We cruised on the Oasis in Feb, 2013, during the 49ers / Ravens Harbaugh Bowl Super Bowl. It was fun! They had 4 football celebrities on board, ex super bowl stars. There was a question / answer session with them with some cheerleaders. They showed the game in the aqua-theater. It was a neat atmosphere to be watching the game in the Caribbean under the stars.

I will be on the Oasis for this year's super bowl cruise in one of the new aqua / grand suites so am excited about that. Hopefully my team (Green Bay) will be playing.

Dh asked what I wanted for Christmas last month and I said I wanted to go on a Super Bowl cruise because I have heard that it is one big party. I just booked Brilliance today and am looking forward it!

We are going to DVR the game so when we get back home, we can watch the commercials and halftime.

We saw the Superbowl on the Grandeur and they had it in the theater. The commercials were ESPN in Spanish, but at least the game was English so we could understand ;)

They had snacks as mentioned before, they did go fast.

The compass should say where it is being held, we got in line early and it was a very long line to get into the theater, and it was packed. It is a fun experience and that is one Superbowl you don't forget!

Enjoy :)

~Anna

2012 Oasis of the Seas, Patriots vs. Giants. They showed the game on the two big screens at the aqua theater. It was like a big tailgate party. One side of the boardwalk was Patriots and the other side Giants. Everyone was wearing their team jersey. The also had some previous Superbowl players on hand for meet and greets. We had a blast.

That's funny the other team[emoji12] QB EM[emoji49]. Thankfully no Manning insight this year. It is going to be like taking candy from a baby next Sunday especially after that Sat. dog fight of a game, so we are headed back to AZ to for redemption. [emoji41]

AZ here we come. Looks Seahawks!

e74f8d881b48d4fe41f1cebed37ac586.jpg

The game will be on the big screen and tv's. It is fun hanging at the pool drinks and the game.

Happy cruising all!

We will be on Freedom and I think these will be the teams!!! Will be weird not being in Boston in the cold but - I think I'll be ok with the change!! GO PATS! :)

We were onboard 2-3 years ago and they set up a "tailgate" party in the theater. The game was shown on big screen TV and they served hot dogs, burgers, chips, etc at the back of the theater. Very nice and a lot of fun.

That was my experience, we were on the Splendour during the 2006 Super Bowl. The Steelers beat the Seahawks. Hot dogs, nachos and popcorn were served as you entered the theatre. the game was on the two screens on the side of the stage. It was fine. We were in Vegas at Mandalay Bay last year for the Superbowl watching Carlos Santana at the House of Blues. They didn't serve any food or hotdogs....

jc

This is great hearing everyone's Superbowl Cruise stories! Makes it even more exciting to be watching on the Allure this year. I will be sure to post back about my experience along with some pictures!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Doing a cruise for a Super Bowl has just been added to my bucket list! Unfortunately, that may have to happen when I retire many, many years from now. :( Workwise, it is probably the worst time of the year for me to take a vacation.

I will be on the February 1st sailing on the Allure of the Seas which embarks on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on Superbowl Sunday. Has anyone watched the Superbowl on the Allure or a Royal Caribbean ship before? If so, what should I expect? Is it a big Superbowl party?

Sent from my Nexus 7

We were on the Freedom last Feb and our team won. They show the super-bowl on all of the big screens, and in the bars and cabins. By the pool they also sell reserved seats if you desire, with appetizers and beverage included, in some classifications. of course, they charge too much and there is a great area to view the game with no issues. Wish we could be there with you to see the SEAHAWKS win another super-bowl. Of course this is just my opinion on the outcome of the game. Time will tell. Have a great cruise and enjoy the game.

We were on Independence last year for Super Bowl. It was the 2nd night and was also formal night. We chose to not go to formal night and stayed up on the pool deck. They had a typical football spread - nachos, dogs, brats, etc. Showed the game on the big screens. I think they were showing it in other parts of the ship too.

The best part of the game wasn't shown though, the commercials.

Well I cruised the Met Life Stadium ship last year for Superbowl, WAS AWESOME! Food, drink and screaming 12's! :) This year I plan to repeat but cruise the University of Phoenix ship. Sailing from Glendale. I am sure the food drink & 12's will be there again :)

Luckily this year I am only 20 minutes away!

Sorry just couldn't resist! GO HAWKS!!

Yes. We were on Jewel last year and watched our Broncos get hammered by Seattle. Painful as were this years results. I will tell you the ship did an amazing job on super bowl Sunday. In the lounge where we watched they had tailgate type food available as a mini buffet and it was perfect. Only advice, get to your location early or you won't find a seat.

Edited by DShock

Speaking of the Pats, our entire family, 18 of us, were on a RCCL ship for the 2004 Super Bowl,( NE vs Carolina.) We had a fantastic time - football was everywhere and food stations with hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos were all over the ship. I love to watch football games on a cruise. Four years ago we were on the Navigator OTS the week after New Year and they made a big deal out of the college bowl games.

Edited by mek