drinks package card

nodandade

had a get together on the weekend with friends we will be cruising with,only 80 sleeps.

they want to know the following.

if only one in the cabin has a drinks package, (all the men purchased one each some twelve months ago for this cruise)if one of the wives want to go for a cocktail or coffee but the hubby wants to stay in the cabin and have a snooze,can his wife take his card and get a drink with it without him being there.

and as these packages were purchased some time ago,are they endbeded with a code etc or do they have a sticker on them,the reason is if one wants to go for a drink, it would be better to take the card that has the drinks package on it.i know it will be in my name,but hey I bet we have all taken the wrong card at some time.

maybe I could put a little sticker on it to make sure it is mine.

thanks in advance,and I do know there is no sharing.

Bartenders will serve someone who has brought another's card with them so sending the missus to get hubby's drink will work fine.

The cards either have a code printed on them "CALL" or "PALL" for classic or premium, or a sticker is affixed to the front of the card.

It is your Celebrity Sea Pass that has your Bev Pkg code printed on it. This is also the key card for your cabin, the card you use to go on and off the ship, and the card you uses for onboard purchases.

Though what Cle-guy says is true, a bar tender will serve someone who has brought another's card, I have only ever experienced this happen in 2 circumstances.

1, if the person is also buying a drink on their card, proffering 2 cards.

2, if the bartender knows the couple and the other half is within sight (ie: I have got a drink for my partner when he is lay out on a sunbed near the bar, but he has given the nod to a known bartender, and I am just doing the legwork).

Really, if one is wanting to use another's card to buy themself a drink, it is abusing the system, and dishonest. This statement is a generality, not pointed at anyone in particular.

Cheers, and enjoy your cruise, h.

if only one in the cabin has a drinks package, (all the men purchased one each some twelve months ago for this cruise)if one of the wives want to go for a cocktail or coffee but the hubby wants to stay in the cabin and have a snooze,can his wife take his card and get a drink with it without him being there.

If you want a drink, and you don't have a drink package, and you use hubby's card, you are a thief.

Other cruise lines require ALL ADULT passengers in the room to purchase alcohol packages if one person wants one.

Celebrity doesn't require that, but they are counting on their customers being HONEST.

That may change if enough people are stealing drinks using their spouses card.

(Yes, that was a strong post, but theft is a serious thing.)

Edited by DinaS

hif one of the wives want to go for a cocktail or coffee but the hubby wants to stay in the cabin and have a snooze,can his wife take his card and get a drink with it without him being there.

and as these packages were purchased some time ago,are they endbeded with a code etc or do they have a sticker on them,the reason is if one wants to go for a drink, it would be better to take the card that has the drinks package on it.i know it will be in my name,but hey I bet we have all taken the wrong card at some time.

maybe I could put a little sticker on it to make sure it is mine.

using someone else's card is sharing.

only the person who has purchased the Drink package my get drinks on the package( without paying additional for it). so it is unlikely that your friend will be able to use her husband's card to get a 'free' drink. also it is possible that the bartender would not allow her to purchase a drink on someone else's card. if she wants a drink for herself and him she must bring BOTH cards.

using someone else's card is sharing.

only the person who has purchased the Drink package my get drinks on the package( without paying additional for it). so it is unlikely that your friend will be able to use her husband's card to get a 'free' drink. also it is possible that the bartender would not allow her to purchase a drink on someone else's card. if she wants a drink for herself and him she must bring BOTH cards.

Or use the card for one and pay for the other.

The drink packages are not designed to be shared. Any person wanting the benefits of these packages MUST purchase the package. It is dishonest for two people to share a package. We each bought our own - I expect other people to be similarly honest.

it does not take long for a simple question to get blown out of all preportions does it, I asked two simple questions and cle- guy answered those 2 questions completely for me,then others get on board and start to air their two bobs worth.

I stated that I know about sharing (not to) and I won't,but the simple question was to ask that if the card holder was having a snooze could his wife get a drink with it while the card holder was asleep.the point being what difference would it make, if the card holder was not using it (by sitting at a bar for possibly hours drinking) and his wife just wanted to use it for say a speciality coffee ,then whats the deal.

I don't want to here from people who want to air their beliefs ,but facts from people who have done or tried what I have asked

thank you

it does not take long for a simple question to get blown out of all preportions does it, I asked two simple questions and cle- guy answered those 2 questions completely for me,then others get on board and start to air their two bobs worth.

I stated that I know about sharing (not to) and I won't,but the simple question was to ask that if the card holder was having a snooze could his wife get a drink with it while the card holder was asleep.the point being what difference would it make, if the card holder was not using it (by sitting at a bar for possibly hours drinking) and his wife just wanted to use it for say a speciality coffee ,then whats the deal.

I don't want to here from people who want to air their beliefs ,but facts from people who have done or tried what I have asked

thank you

You may not want to hear from people who want to air their beliefs but the bottom line is there is no sharing. Your wife getting and consuming a free beverage on your card, whether you are sleeping or awake, is sharing. That's the deal, like it or not.

Mary Lou

thank you

You set yourself up for people airing their beliefs when you said, and I quote: "if only one in the cabin has a drinks package, (all the men purchased one each some twelve months ago for this cruise) [this can only be understood that you didn't buy a package for yourself] if one of the wives want to go for a cocktail or coffee but the hubby wants to stay in the cabin and have a snooze, can his wife take his card and get a drink with it without him being there. [this can only be understood that you are going to order a drink with his card]"

Not sure how else to take that comment other than you not having a package and wanting to use his card to get yourself a drink. What you are asking is can you order a drink with his card if he isn't using it, [which is against the rules] and hoping people will support your plan with suggestions and ideas on how to do it without getting caught.

And, it is not our "beliefs". It is the rule. Why are people supporting the rules so offensive to you? Or is the idea of following the rules not done in Australia?

Edited by fortinweb

With all respect, just because you aren't using your "paid for benefit" at a particular time, that simply does not entitle your wife to now benefit from something she has not paid for. I understand your logic, but that would still constitute sharing.

thank you

So you acknowledge that it is against the rules and say you won't do it, yet the next sentence you ask if it is acceptable to do it even if it's just for a coffee?

Are you looking for absolution or do you just feel so entitled that everyone owes you a free coffee?

wow. It would be awesome of all these "must follow the rules" folks would come and share their opinions to dress in formal ware Dress Code Thread on formal nights! Or follow the staggered boarding times when those are in place.

Also, anyone who tips a bartender hoping for a stiffer drink, or a regular-sized martini other than just one of the 4 special small-sized martinis in Martini bar, when they have only the classic package is stealing too. The bartender isn't paying the cost of the booze, X is. Or even grabbing 2 bottles of water when leaving for a shore excursion, even thought they let you, is technically against the rules.

Or what about when 1 cabin mate has a Premium package, buys a bottle of wine at 20% discount, a benefit of the Premium package, is he not allowed to share that bottle with those who don't have the premium package...lest he / they steal?

Discuss....

Edited by cle-guy

itthe point being what difference would it make, if the card holder was not using it (by sitting at a bar for possibly hours drinking) and his wife just wanted to use it for say a speciality coffee ,then whats the deal.

thank you

the point is YOU DID NOT BUY THE PACKAGE. and thus ARE NOT ENTITLED TO BENEFIT FROM IT. so what if the 'owner' of the package is asleep. big fat hairy deal. by obtaining a drink that is NOT for the owner of the package YOU ARE TRYING YO SHARE.

trying to justify yourself just digs the hole deeper.

Whenever I have gone for a drink I use my own card.

If I am getting one for my wife and not for me which is very rare and she isn't with me I use my card even though she has a drink pack.

If I am getting one for her and one for me I use both cards.

When they scan the card your name and picture shows up.

Abuse of the system may result in losing the package with no refund.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

wow. It would be awesome of all these "must follow the rules" folks would come and share their opinions to dress in formal ware Dress Code Thread on formal nights! Or follow the staggered boarding times when those are in place.

Also, anyone who tips a bartender hoping for a stiffer drink, or a regular-sized martini other than just one of the 4 special small-sized martinis in Martini bar, when they have only the classic package is stealing too. The bartender isn't paying the cost of the booze, X is. Or even grabbing 2 bottles of water when leaving for a shore excursion, even thought they let you, is technically against the rules.

Discuss....

I was on a 7 day cruise and the BT made a deal with me. He said if I gave him $450 he would serve me all the drinks that I wanted and he would put a special sticker on my card to let the other Bts know the arrangement he made with me. :D

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍹🍷

had a get together on the weekend with friends we will be cruising with,only 80 sleeps.

they want to know the following.

Celebrity is currently having a 123go promo (extended till 2/28/15) which includes a $300 OBC, pd gratuities and a beverage pkg for 2, if you book concierge or higher, you would receive these. What if you re-book your cruise?

If you sailed previously you may even get "bumped up" and be ahead of the game.

You meant no harm - it was a simple question. Good luck and have a great cruise. :)

I recently took a seven day cruise in December on Celebrity Reflection with my sister, I purchased drink package. It's connected to your room card and it has your picture on it not sure how you can take someone else's card and get a drink? Bottom line is not that serious if you have to think about it then maybe you shouldn't be going on a cruise I'm just saying😳😳. I will say this though it was a trip of a lifetime .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or what about when 1 cabin mate has a Premium package, buys a bottle of wine at 20% discount, a benefit of the Premium package, is he not allowed to share that bottle with those who don't have the premium package...lest he / they steal?

Discuss....

Nope. You are looking for a fight for your own amusement, and I am not going to give you the satisfaction. Go trolling elsewhere if stirring the pot is all you can do. :rolleyes:

Edited by sloopsailor

No, not looking for a fight, just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

But thanks for joining the discussion, and adding important additions to it.

Not sure why you think acting like a jerk adds value to this discussion. :rolleyes:

The only hypocrisy I see is from people who suggest that breaking ANY rule is somehow acceptable. Using other broken rules as a justification to break even more is morally weak, IMHO. :eek:

thank you

I ordinarily wouldn't bother to get into a thread like this, but I have to wonder about the bolded section. If someone is asleep, then it isn't sharing? Is that how this works?;) Is that the deal?:confused:

Not sure why you think acting like a jerk adds value to this discussion. :rolleyes:

The only hypocrisy I see is from people who suggest that breaking ANY rule is somehow acceptable. Using other broken rules as a justification to break even more is morally weak, IMHO. :eek:

Fortunately this is Crusie Critic and not MoralsCritic. If it was morals critic, we'd never have threads about such matters, we;'d never hear of chair hogs, we'd never complain about an overworked staff on a ship. But it's crusie critic, we are critics, criticizing people, places and things, and posting opinions relative to these matters.

Hypocrisy is not simply breaking any rule, hypocrisy is breaking a rule then shaming another for doing the same thing.

I always say let he who is without sin cast the first stone...at which point you are guilty of assault.

I just can't imagine there is anyone who is 100% a ruler follower. Certainly those who think so have driven 26 MPH in a 25 MPH zone, or parked outside the dry cleaner with flashers on in the zone marked "Fire lane - no parking", or tipped a bartender to get a stronger or larger drink than entitled to.

If there are, god bless them, but confession exists for a reason in the catholic church....