Shops on the Royal

Tony1878

There are two main merch shops. The names escape me, one is clothing, sundries, souvenirs, candy, etc and also has the duty free section. The other had more upscale merch (handbags, etc).

There was a main jewelry shop plus another small one.

Celebrations stocked candy and also had the flower display.

The photo area handles cameras, etc.

Was not active on our cruise but I think there may be a sundries shop in the pool area as well

On Deck 5 you will find Celebrations. This shop offers candies, flowers, and small gifts suitable for celebrations.

On Deck 7 you will find the Calypso Cove which sells general merchandise, souvenirs, clothing, booze, medical supplies. Essence sells perfume and beauty products while Facets has finer jewelry and watches ($$$). Meridian Bay has a collection of lower-cost jewelry, handbags, some clothing for formal nights.

There certainly is a variety and I am sure you will find whatever you are seeking in one of these shops. If you have further questions, I will try to answer them for you.

SilverBird

Hi Tony1878,

Welcome to the Princess Cruises Forum on Cruise Critic. Here are a few pictures to illustrate the (actual) answers you got from our helpful members ;) :

Calypso Cove

11511933514_c4673700f2_c.jpg

11511991826_9a0c9ec175_c.jpg

Essence

11511983256_1d1bd77fce_c.jpg

11511945284_bb5cfae5fd_c.jpg

11511967093_68d56a5769_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Despite the 'they're nothing special' and its the 'same overpriced items as any other Princess ship' comments, I rather enjoyed the ships stores and enjoyed browsing through them. I did buy several souvenirs and other items, and glad I took the opportunity to do so.

Enjoy your cruise!

:D

The best part about the liquor sales for us is the fact that they'll match any prices we get at any port plus a 10% Elite discount. Other than that I doubt if my wife has purchased 1 item in 20 years except the the 1 special sale held each cruise.

We are all different, especially when it comes to shopping: some are shopaholics, some buy the occasional souvenir, others take spread sheets with them to ensure they are getting the best deals on watches and jewelry. I don't drink alcohol - or should I say, very, very rarely - but I do buy what I enjoy.

This is one of the purchases I made last cruise...it was a $50 box of English Toffee marked down to just $5 (it was VERY tasty and delicious!!!) that came in this commemorative box, and I bought nine of them - giving a couple as gifts to folks on our B2B, some as Meet and Greet prizes, and kept one for myself...

16075650248_b7ca4922e1_z.jpg

16075650268_e753c63a56_z.jpg

If the DW has a "Pandora" type bracelet, many beads are available in the Meridian Bay shop. Most have a nautical theme while others are quite colorful. She might enjoy adding to her collection or even starting a new one!! The Sea Witch (Princess logo) and a replica of the Royal Princess are available. I have several beads which I use either on my bracelet or on a necklace. They are a nice remembrance of my travels.

I wish you fair winds and calm seas. Enjoy your cruise.

SilverBird

I buy all of my Estee Lauder make-up on the ship. It not only costs less, there's no sales tax. In November, the Island Princess had a special on cigarettes and DH was able to buy them at $2.00 a pack. Some of the ships are getting new stores. The Island has an Effy store now, and I believe the Diamond has higher-end stores too (just in case you have a chance to cruise on those ships).

We are all different, especially when it comes to shopping: some are shopaholics, some buy the occasional souvenir, others take spread sheets with them to ensure they are getting the best deals on watches and jewelry. I don't drink alcohol - or should I say, very, very rarely - but I do buy what I enjoy.

This is one of the purchases I made last cruise...it was a $50 box of English Toffee marked down to just $5 (it was VERY tasty and delicious!!!) that came in this commemorative box, and I bought nine of them - giving a couple as gifts to folks on our B2B, some as Meet and Greet prizes, and kept one for myself...

16075650248_b7ca4922e1_z.jpg

16075650268_e753c63a56_z.jpg

I like just the box. Keep the toffee. :D

I used to buy at least one bottle of Shalimar cologne or perfume on each cruise, but I find Guerlain is not carried so much anymore. I did buy a watch once, and when home matched it to another Fossil watch in my favorite dept. store, and I had saved about $20 bucks. It was an emergency situation, and the watch was not that expensive anyway, but I still have it, it is still ticking, and I still like it. i buy make up in the shops too. Much cheaper and you cannot beat the light coming in from the windows. It is easy to get a good skin color match.

Once I forgot to bring hair spray. That was an emergency. So I would up paying over $20 for a small can of hair spray. It was the BEST hairspray I have ever used, but I did not purchase another can. I forgot to bring a comb and brush one time. I keep the small brush I paid a good bit for as a reminder to keep a bag packed with essentials year round.

I enjoy the shops. My daughter and son in law run marathons. So I always get them a Tee Shirt. Always buy a toy for my grandchild, and if I can find a Fossil pocketbook, get one I think my daughter will like and put it aside until Christmas. I find the prices fair. I like not paying tax. When we take our daughter and her family with us, my SIL always buys some liquor for his Dad.

Sometimes I can't help but to be envious of some of my fellow CC'ers who apparently dine in the finest restaurants every night, live like royalty with exceptional servants catering to their every need, and only shop in the best stores with the best prices.

But, as a schlump, I kind of enjoy the onboard shops and find the merchandise and prices in line with my expectations.

If you are a new cruiser to Princess, watch for the daily special tables they set up outside the shops - they are fun to browse whether you see something you want or not. Each day it may be tee-shirts, watches, jewelry, etc

Also found that the booze prices are very competitive with shore shops and significantly better than stateside shops.

Enjoy your cruise! Remember, it's a vacation - not an accreditation site visit!

A couple of times I did check out the outlet sale. But usually the items are ones that I don't care for, or else find that even the special prices a bit much. There was a cotton shirt that I would have bought if less money, but checked the price in the ship's store for the same item, and it was the same price. So not much of a sale, was it?

I try to remember to bring all the sundries and meds we may need. I did run out of bandaids on our last cruise (had a toe owie and underestimated my need) so I did buy a package. I would rather spend a lot less and also have the items I need as the stores aren't open all of the time.

We often will buy a logo tee shirt. But we aren't major consumers of alcohol nor am I a big jewelry fan (usually I just wear my wedding ring and a pair of inexpensive earrings as long as they're for sensitive ears).

I usually save my souvenir shopping for in port but if there's items that the ship has that are musts for you, so be it. Same stores on all the Princess ships.

THANK YOU JANETZ! While I'll be on the Golden Princess in 2016, your link enabled me to find out which shop, Calypso Cove, to make a beeline for. Great help!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Your welcome! My dh goes to all the shops, multiple times. Enjoy your cruise. :D

Edited by janetz

On Deck 5 you will find Celebrations. This shop offers candies, flowers, and small gifts suitable for celebrations.

On Deck 7 you will find the Calypso Cove which sells general merchandise, souvenirs, clothing, booze, medical supplies. Essence sells perfume and beauty products while Facets has finer jewelry and watches ($$$). Meridian Bay has a collection of lower-cost jewelry, handbags, some clothing for formal nights.

There certainly is a variety and I am sure you will find whatever you are seeking in one of these shops. If you have further questions, I will try to answer them for you.

SilverBird

I actually liked Facets, or should I say DW really liked it:D. They had a bigger selection than on other ships. Their Tag Heuer selection was also very nice.....:):):)

Bob