Taxi or shuttle to port?

Cruisingirl2012

Our hotel offers shuttle for $10/person to the cruise port and we are at Hyatt place in Dania Beach, would it be a better bargain to hire a taxi for the 3 of us?

Assuming you are leaving from Port Everglades a taxi will be cheaper than paying $30 for a shuttle. If you are leaving from Miami it is a different story.

Yes it is to Port Everglades. Sorry should of specified! Do I just tell the cab driver which cruise we are on so he takes us to the right spot?

You tell the driver which ship. At the gates there are large signs indicating which Terminal each ship is at.

Yes it is to Port Everglades. Sorry should of specified! Do I just tell the cab driver which cruise we are on so he takes us to the right spot?

Yes, the cab drivers are very familiar with cruisers and will get you to the right place.

Sometimes there are cabs lined up at the hotel. If not the front desk can call one for you.

This past Nov I stayed at the ES on 17th and took a van to the port because I was traveling solo, however those that decided to take a taxi got a rather expensive ride due to tight security and a late returning ship.

• 1 year later...
There will be 13 of us staying at the Hyatt in Dania... shuttle to port is $10 a person. Would it be cheaper to look into taxis for this large of a group?

Have the hotel call you 3 taxis. There are plenty of SUV or van taxis for the same price as a sedan. The price for 3 will be no where near $130 - I'm guessing around $75 but someone who has stayed at the Hyatt in Dania will chime in with a more accurate estimate, I'm sure.

Our hotel offers shuttle for $10/person to the cruise port and we are at Hyatt place in Dania Beach, would it be a better bargain to hire a taxi for the 3 of us?

I'g go with a taxi. It would be quicker and less expensive.