Packers vs seattle and muster drill

plunker

Muster drill is usually 30 minutes or so before sailing. It lasts 15 to 20 minutes usually. I am sure the game will be cut off during the drill

I'm sure some will be monitoring via internet ... I know they shouldn't be. Just imagining the unexpected cheering that breaks out as the crew is demonstrating how to go overboard ...

We were on a cruise where the muster started at the end of a big game. A bunch of people just ignored the muster and stayed to watch the game. They held a make-up muster drill for those who didn't make the first.

There were also a bunch of people who didn't board in time for muster because of problems with security and customs so the second muster was pretty well attended. We were able to board in just a few minutes, like less that ten but there were people who reported being in line for over 3.5 hours. This was in Vancouver.

I'm sure some will be monitoring via internet ... I know they shouldn't be. Just imagining the unexpected cheering that breaks out as the crew is demonstrating how to go overboard ...

I believe the crews have been given instructions to make sure people aren't texting or using their cell phone for anything during the drill. On our last B2B I was sitting in the hallway outside on of the muster stations prior to the 2nd drill watching a movie & was told that if I wanted to remain there I would have to remove my earphones.

I hate to admit it but my son had the Packer game on his phone during muster two weeks ago. We did not cheer or get excited during a touchdown and looked up and watched the crew member standing in front of us while she demonstrated putting on the vest. We have been on enough cruises that we could give the presentation ourselves and we were sitting where we did not bother anyone else. It did seem to take longer than normal and started late - they made a lot of announcements that had nothing to do with evacuation of the ship. There were a lot of people talking so I really think we paid more attention to it than many did.

It was pouring outside so we watched the game in our cabin. But if you plan to watch it at MUTS, get lounge chairs early and put more than a piece of fruit on it. We aren't chair hogs and Packer games are the only time I have ever placed items on them and left.

The Super Bowl last year was the worst I have ever seen for holding chairs - people had stuff on just about all the chairs and it was maddening that some did not come until second half. As I said, many had just a piece of fruit. next time - those seats are mine - fruit doesn't count.

I believe the crews have been given instructions to make sure people aren't texting or using their cell phone for anything during the drill. On our last B2B I was sitting in the hallway outside on of the muster stations prior to the 2nd drill watching a movie & was told that if I wanted to remain there I would have to remove my earphones.

I am sure they do. But people are sneaky. Putting it in a half-open bag. Reminds me of when I was going to grad school in '86, I started watching the Mets-Astros Game 6 at home. Then I had to take the train to school. By the 16th inning, the professor was well into his lecture. He was cool and let me announce the final score. I had one ear listening to him and one to the game.

I hate to admit it but my son had the Packer game on his phone during muster two weeks ago. We did not cheer or get excited during a touchdown and looked up and watched the crew member standing in front of us while she demonstrated putting on the vest. We have been on enough cruises that we could give the presentation ourselves and we were sitting where we did not bother anyone else. It did seem to take longer than normal and started late - they made a lot of announcements that had nothing to do with evacuation of the ship. There were a lot of people talking so I really think we paid more attention to it than many did.

It was pouring outside so we watched the game in our cabin. But if you plan to watch it at MUTS, get lounge chairs early and put more than a piece of fruit on it. We aren't chair hogs and Packer games are the only time I have ever placed items on them and left.

The Super Bowl last year was the worst I have ever seen for holding chairs - people had stuff on just about all the chairs and it was maddening that some did not come until second half. As I said, many had just a piece of fruit. next time - those seats are mine - fruit doesn't count.

If there is fruit on a chair, just eat the evidence & have a seat

On our recently completed cruise on the Crown they announced numerous times to turn off all devices explaining that their handheld card scanners were very slow because passengers were using up too much Wi-Fi bandwith. I'm not a techie but was skeptical that my device using LTE would affect the ship's Wi-Fi signal. I only use it for Internet access & have it's sound off but shut it off just in case it would slow down the muster's card scanning & thus a longer muster drill.

I've never had a muster drill during a sporting event however think that those on a b2b & not required to attend would be quite upset if they stopped showing the game on MUTS during the drill. :(

On our recently completed cruise on the Crown they announced numerous times to turn off all devices explaining that their handheld card scanners were very slow because passengers were using up too much Wi-Fi bandwith. I'm not a techie but was skeptical that my device using LTE would affect the ship's Wi-Fi signal. I only use it for Internet access & have it's sound off but shut it off just in case it would slow down the muster's card scanning & thus a longer muster drill.

I've never had a muster drill during a sporting event however think that those on a b2b & not required to attend would be quite upset if they stopped showing the game on MUTS during the drill. :(

They might have assumed you were logged in. But I've often known crew to tell little white lies, knowing that we are not likely to call them out on it, being gentle folk:D

They might have assumed you were logged in. But I've often known crew to tell little white lies, knowing that we are not likely to call them out on it, being gentle folk:D

Absolutely...we're there to have fun on a cruise & not to get upset by a few "little white lies". :p

Absolutely...we're there to have fun on a cruise & not to get upset by a few "little white lies". :p

Well, I'm doing a B2B on the Crown Feb 2 and 6. I shall smile politely as they warn us about the dangers of passenger wifi and pay attention to the safety drill and assorted commercials.

We've been on b2b's during significant sporting events. The sound is cut off, as the announcements go out over "everything". It is highly likey that the game will be interrupted and you will be attending muster during a portion of it.

Enjoy the scramble for loungers after muster.....

We've been on b2b's during significant sporting events. The sound is cut off, as the announcements go out over "everything". It is highly likey that the game will be interrupted and you will be attending muster during a portion of it.

they wouldn't dare for the Super Bowl Seahawks REPEAT!! :D

we are overnight so there's plenty of other times for it. do we still have to take our life vests to muster drill?

we are overnight so there's plenty of other times for it. do we still have to take our life vests to muster drill?

Last year for the Super Bowl, we sat in the back of the theater and as soon as it was over, I threw my vest to my husband, was the first one out and ran like mad. He took the vests to the cabin and joined me. I was the first one up there but as I said, all the lounge chairs had things on them.

Last year for the Super Bowl, we sat in the back of the theater and as soon as it was over, I threw my vest to my husband, was the first one out and ran like mad. He took the vests to the cabin and joined me. I was the first one up there but as I said, all the lounge chairs had things on them.

I wonder where you were. we are in South America and maybe there's not the same interest there? I will find out in 2 weeks!

i WILL watch the game!

The announcements during muster drill itself are not, in my experience, on the speakers in the cabins. If I'm on a B2B, I'm generally behind a "do not disturb" sign in my cabin (generally on the balcony relaxing as everyone else contemplates stepping overboard)

Edited by Wehwalt

The game will be turned off in all venues including MUTS during the Muster Drill.

so you are 'speculating' that the game will be played during the muster drill? or something... :rolleyes:

or the muster drill will be held during the game... sounds dumb to me :confused:

i don't believe you really know for sure, swscruiser

The announcements during muster drill itself are not, in my experience, on the speakers in the cabins. If I'm on a B2B, I'm generally behind a "do not disturb" sign in my cabin (generally on the balcony relaxing as everyone else contemplates stepping overboard)

On at least one Princess cruise I have heard the muster drill broadcast by the pools and also in our cabin.

:DThis is how all Packers fans hope the Seahawks are thinking too......past the game this Sunday and about the one in two weeks....more thinking like that and a team from little ole Green Bay will slip right by you and you'll be watching the Pack capture their 5th Super Bowl title......just saying......:D

seriously when we were on board during play off time a few years back the ship had a HUGE playoff party and actually delayed Muster Drill till the end of one of the games....it was not on Princess but who knows maybe they will do the same this Sunday.....

On at least one Princess cruise I have heard the muster drill broadcast by the pools and also in our cabin.

Well, that's why I qualified it. I figured this is something that might differ from ship to ship. When I hear something announced in the cabins, esp by the Captain, I tend to listen, at least momentarily!

Let us just say that the privilege of not going to muster drill is a great luxury on B2Bs.

I got the week wrong, the SB happens the day before I board the Crown. So I will likely watch it at the Doubletree in San Pedro. It's a bit of an odd embarkation, the Crown does not board at the normal pier 92/93 but I think it's 46, by the mouth of the harbor. I'll likely drop off my bags at 10:30, return the car to Enterprise, and then take their shuttle (or walk, for exercise) back.

Edited by Wehwalt