guarantee interior

pick4player

I was expecting your answers as I gave our situation more thought. While we booked a OV6c we only paid for a generic ov. Makes sense. Perhaps you know the answer to the next level of question. We booked April of 2014...almost a year out. We originally booked 6c as noted. Whentheystart to assign ov gty cabins is there any "list" ie do those who purchased gty earlier get the better cabins than someone who buys it today? As well we are cross referenced a a second cabinwhichdid the same changes. Will they trytokeep us somewhat close to each other? Picking your brains.....thx.

Our first cruise was guaranteed with 6 cabins- we were all over the place on two different decks. Wanting to keep the cabins together somewhat gives you less choices. We didnt care/. Cant hang in the cabin together anyways and you always meeting us at your dining table.

as for who gets what kind of cabin-- there is no ryme or reason to how they do thinks BUT in my reading it seems the people who paid more will get upgraded to the better deals. Since we book so early and we paid the cheapest rate-- our upgrades are not as good as others

Miracles do happen, I booked a Inside GTY on the Liberty and last month I received a Inside Cabin on Deck 9. :) Yesterday I was upgraded to a Suite. :):):)

Congratulations. THAT is a miracle. If I were you, I would go buy a lottery ticket. You are one lucky person! ENJOY!!!!

We booked a 6C ocean view cabin. It cost, I think $30.00 more than the base OV. On the Black Friday sale we opted to go with an OV guarantee as it saved us over$300.00. I thought we would be guaranteed a 6C at least, and as that is the highest ov category, I hoped we might get a balcony. Ami correct in my assumption? Thx

Unless you are on the fantasy class ships

the ocean views are on deck 1 and 2

Riveria and Main decks. these are category 6 A,B, C etc

the letter denotes location 6 is oceanview.

You can look at the deck plan and see the location of any of the oceanviews.

(right now you are parked somewhere)

I willbe an expert on this when you guys answer my last question. After we are assigned our gty OV cabin,if I am online and see a different OV cabin come available when mock booking,can I phone and ask for a change if I like it better?

We used a TA....would I phone her instead if it is possible. Thanks...I. Will stop bothering you now!

Carnival will not talk with you since your agent owns your booking.

Once assigned if you want to change your cabin to another you will then be picking the a in and will pay for the cabin.

But it will not hurt to ask

I still don't think some understand what a GTY is. For a cheaper price you are giving control of your placement to the cruise line. You will likely end up with the lowest category in that class but you may be upgraded due to their selection system. You cannot book a GTY and assume you will be placed in the highest category or think you can later call and pick your own room if you are not happy. It does not work that way. You can save money and take the GTY chance or pay more and pick your own room.

In all of our cruises, we've only gotten one true category upgrade. We've never been assigned a bad cabin or in a terrible location. The only upgrade we ever got was on our 8 day Carnival cruise to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize. We had booked an OV GTY and were assigned an obstructed view balcony. While we didn't have the greatest view from our balcony (we were looking at the top of a lifeboat), but we're thrilled to have a balcony at all, even with a not-so-great view, since we only paid for and were expecting a basic outside cabin. This was onboard Carnival Legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

hello i got a quote from a pvp for interior guarantee room . He said he would put me on the 7 deck instead of deck 6 riviera so i can have a room above and below me to cushion out the noise and give us a room in center of boat to minimize sea sick if we happen do get sick ,and have a prime location, we are 2 first time cruisers, im wondering if we will get 2 beds side by side that can turn into a queen or will we get a bunk bed type deal . we prefer the 2 beds pushed together as it will be a honeymoon cruise . Thanks for input

I know there was alot of confusion about my original question and thanks for all info and reply's i just booked my cruise in a guaranteed interior

room . Instead of a guarantee i guess the pvp just assigned me empress deck 7 th and gave us room 7311 . we chose anytime dining . I hope it all works out and runs smooth. we are on the carnival victory leaving mia june 22 for a 5 nite western Caribbean cruise . thanks to all on cc you guys rock