Pools on the Royal

dstables

We sail on the Royal in just over three weeks and I'm looking for some input from previous Royal cruisers on the noise level at the main pool on the Royal. We have done these 10 day itineraries before twice on the Emerald. We prefer the pool on the Emerald that is not near MUTS. Can't stand the noise from MUTS. I do know that there is the adult retreat pool on the a Royal that would be much quieter than the main pool but I have read that the retreat pool is usually very wind, often too windy to enjoy. Just how noisey is the main pool with MUTS? If we seat the farthest from the MUTS screen will we find it too noisey to enjoy reading our ebooks?

It's not going to be any quieter than MUTS on any other ship. Probably your best hope to avoid the noise is to find loungers on Sun deck, aft of the MUTS screen/pool area. So, really, to not be anywhere near the pool. Sadly, she's not a well-designed ship for people who prefer a quiet poolside experience.

It's not going to be any quieter than MUTS on any other ship. Probably your best hope to avoid the noise is to find loungers on Sun deck, aft of the MUTS screen/pool area. So, really, to not be anywhere near the pool. Sadly, she's not a well-designed ship for people who prefer a quiet poolside experience.

Every time I went topside (which was a few times a day for at least 30-45 minutes) during the two weeks I spent abroad Royal Princess in Dec. 2013 they were playing these beautiful, tranquil, nature and wildlife videos with relaxing background music....and people complained it was BORING!

Now, if they actually play anything else on MUTS people will complain that it's too NOISY!

I find it amusing that people complained under both circumstances.

But, as you said, there are plenty of loungers on Deck 17 (Sun Deck) on either side of the smokestack below the jogging/walking track. That area is at least not in the direction the sound is being focused.

:D

We found that the main pool always seems to have some noise, whether it be from MUTS, games or bands playing so we moved to the Retreat pool most times. The shade at the Retreat pool is at a minimum and always seemed to be windy, some days worse that others. (depending on the wind direction.) It's definitely quieter so I can read in peace but still not as good as the Terrace pools on other ships.

I am a big fan of soft foam ear plugs. I order Flents Quiet Please from drugstore.com for 2.99 a box because my local drugstores don't carry them any more.

I can get absorbed in my book or sleep through anything, but I can still hear if someone speaks to me.

If they don't turn the music down at my NFL stadium, I'm going to start wearing them to games.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a big fan of soft foam ear plugs. I order Flents Quiet Please from drugstore.com for 2.99 a box because my local drugstores don't carry them any more.

If they are guaranteed to block out 90% of the noise coming from irrelevant rock stars of the 1980s, (yes, I'm talkin' to you Tina Turner and Lionel Ritche), then I may have to invest in a pair. :D

If they don't turn the music down at my NFL stadium, I'm going to start wearing them to games.

You won't have to worry about that after your team moves to London! :cool:

I can get absorbed in my book or sleep through anything, but I can still hear if someone speaks to me.

Thanks for the suggestions. This just might be want we need. We really enjoy our books at the pools, but really don't like the noise from MUTS and I am worried that the retreat pool could be too windy. So I think I am going to have to find myself some of these. Thanks again!:D

Also good the Princess theater. :D Almost a requirement. ;)

Just back from 10 days on the Royal. We found the Retreat pool to be windy at times, but not so it was uncomfortable. I did however find I could still hear Muts from there, its right next to main pool area and no doors blocking. Main pool is always noisy with Muts playing, pool games at times and band playing at times. There are lots of areas around the ship to get quiet and read. Deck 7 forward and aft promanade sitting areas. Enjoy your cruise!! She is a beautiful ship!

If they are guaranteed to block out 90% of the noise coming from irrelevant rock stars of the 1980s, (yes, I'm talkin' to you Tina Turner and Lionel Ritche), then I may have to invest in a pair. :D

You won't have to worry about that after your team moves to London! :cool:

Not happening. We have a terrific owner and he's pouring money into our stadium and into Jax.

Our video boards are worth the price of admission, and we love our Jags, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.