If not RCI, then who?

photogpab

So as we plan our next cruise we're thinking we want to try something different this time - we love the big RCI ships and had a blast on Oasis, but for our next cruise we want to try something a little more elegant and sophisticated. Something more romantic without 5k people on it - a nice romantic ship but a ship that still has plenty to do on board!

what would you cruise experts recommend? I've only looked at Celebrity so far...

So as we plan our next cruise we're thinking we want to try something different this time - we love the big RCI ships and had a blast on Oasis, but for our next cruise we want to try something a little more elegant and sophisticated. Something more romantic without 5k people on it - a nice romantic ship but a ship that still has plenty to do on board!

what would you cruise experts recommend? I've only looked at Celebrity so far...

Cunard every time, elegant ships with nice people. :)

No pomposity, no rudeness, just class

Sounds like a Radiance class ship to me.

You may want to try a Celebrity S class ship (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection). They are quite nice, enough like RCI so as to feel familiar, but enough different so as to make it a new experience. We jump between RCI and Celebrity depending on our mood for the year and the itinerary we want to take and love both cruise lines. Also if you are in Crown and Anchor club you will get the same level on Celebrity.

Tom

I did notice some nice looking cruises on Serenade of the Seas. I just assumed it must be a much older ship and after doing Oasis it might feel disappointing?

Sorry, just can't tell how you would feel. I think Serenade is a beautiful ship, and to my taste, the Radiance class ships are the most elegant in the fleet.

You may want to try a Celebrity S class ship (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection). They are quite nice, enough like RCI so as to feel familiar, but enough different so as to make it a new experience. We jump between RCI and Celebrity depending on our mood for the year and the itinerary we want to take and love both cruise lines. Also if you are in Crown and Anchor club you will get the same level on Celebrity.

Tom

thanks for the tip - yes I had my eye on one of those ships, I believe it was the Equinox?

Is there a particular S Class ship you would recommend as the best? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I did notice some nice looking cruises on Serenade of the Seas. I just assumed it must be a much older ship and after doing Oasis it might feel disappointing?

Serenade is only 6 years older than Oasis. Radiance class ships are wonderful. They are a LOT of seasoned cruisers favorite class of ships.

There is no Royal Promenade, Flowrider, neighborhoods, and a lot of other bells and whistles on Radiance class ships though that you experienced on Oasis.

We absolutely LOVE the Radiance and Vision class ships and have no desire to cruise on the "bigger" ships! Just because they are older than the bigger ships, doesn't mean they are any less classy. We loved the Serenade last year and wouldn't hesitate to cruise on her again.