Imho ncl

njsonja

I really would like NCL to rectify something. I bought a bundled package which included UDP, UBP and some other things. As a platinum person, I am entitled to a free dinner in Le Bistro which will be worthless to me. Perhaps NCL can turn that into OBC for people? Although I love many things about NCL, I am going to cruise on Celebrity, RCL and Princess in the next few cruises I take. It's time to re-evaluate. Oh yes, and that leather pocket atlas you give to platinum members after a certain number of points is laughable. Try some complimentary wifi.

I love the Haven, I love the Breakaway and the Gem....however, i can't even give that Bistro dinner away as my name is on it and they don't allow it.

Thanks,

Sonja

I really would like NCL to rectify something. I bought a bundled package which included UDP, UBP and some other things. As a platinum person, I am entitled to a free dinner in Le Bistro which will be worthless to me. Perhaps NCL can turn that into OBC for people? Although I love many things about NCL, I am going to cruise on Celebrity, RCL and Princess in the next few cruises I take. It's time to re-evaluate. Oh yes, and that leather pocket atlas you give to platinum members after a certain number of points is laughable. Try some complimentary wifi.

I love the Haven, I love the Breakaway and the Gem....however, i can't even give that Bistro dinner away as my name is on it and they don't allow it.

Thanks,

Sonja

When on the Getaway, we had UDP and also got a Cagney's voucher from our TA. We went down to the desk and talked to the Hotel Manager. We met him at the meet n mingle and he gave us his card, we called him to ask him about something, and he met us at the front desk area. He was very nice and gave us 60.00 OBC instead of the voucher. So who knows, never know until you ask! :D

Hi Sonja:

Just a hint: As I am sure you are aware, this is a cruising forum not a NCL customer service forum. You might get a better response from NCL if you submit this question to them directly.

One thing to consider... while you may think your Platinum le bistro dinner is worthless to you now, I think you are forgetting that you also get a free bottle of wine which is not covered by your other promotions.

Being platinum ourselves, and taking advantage of the same three promos on our next cruise, I am of the opinion that the free promos far outweigh the reduced benefit of the Le Bistro meal.

I am platinum and will have the same three promos with our next cruise and I figure with my free Le Bistro dinner I will just take the free bottle of wine!!! Thats a bonus in itself! I am sure I can do that, even though its covered under the udp, they will still probably leave a letter for the free dinner at LeBistro and I will just submit that!

Works for me, I love any perks!

Leah

Thanks,

Sonja

That's strange. Maybe you didn't hear right. We always get extra credit or something I think. I love the atlas by the way and get many compliments from friends, family and co workers. One time I was in Starbucks and another customer even commented on how lovely it was.

Thanks,

Sonja

i purchased a UDP for my next cruise, prior to becoming platinum. When I became platinum, I called and explained that I purchased the UPD before I was platinum and they credited mt visa for the Le Bistro dinner. It was easy...got the credit quickly, so I'm already for my upcoming cruise. Give NCL a call.

i purchased a UDP for my next cruise, prior to becoming platinum. When I became platinum, I called and explained that I purchased the UPD before I was platinum and they credited mt visa for the Le Bistro dinner. It was easy...got the credit quickly, so I'm already for my upcoming cruise. Give NCL a call.

I had the same experience when I bought the UDP, reduced by $20 to allow for Platinum. However, I think we will find the OP, if he/she comes back received the package as part of the current promotion. No discount for that.

Sounds like the OP bought the all-inclusive. I guess that's what "bundle" means. Maybe she didn't realize she was platinum at the time. Either way, it's a $20 meal at Le Bistro that you're out. It's twenty freaking bucks. Big stinking deal.

Look at it this way. You got a deal with a whole bunch of stuff that had you bought separately would have cost more individually minus the 20.00 you save on the UDP.

That's the way you have to look at the ALLIN promo which is what it sounds like you got.

Sorry, I and some others misread.

The OP actually bought the package with dinners KNOWING that they already had the LeBistro dinner coming to them. But, it is somehow NCL's fault. And they are thinking about leaving to another cruiseline that may or may not do them better. And they will not be plat.

Wow.

Double wow.

Edited by garycarla

That's strange. Maybe you didn't hear right. We always get extra credit or something I think. I love the atlas by the way and get many compliments from friends, family and co workers. One time I was in Starbucks and another customer even commented on how lovely it was.

I am a huge fan of maps and atlases. I can just look at them for hours. Glad we think alike.

If anyone out there does not want theirs you can send it to me.

The platinum voucher is a meal for 2 standard cover with wine,

if you travel as a couple most likely both Platinum so the full value is closer to $60-$65 when you have the UDP and UBP not the $20 credit if purchased.

Be generous and take two guests without the UDP to dinner.

thank you for all your kind words....to put things into perspective for everyone, my mother-in-law passed away last night so as much as i would love to banter further, i am leaving this thread....

s

I am going to cruise on Celebrity, RCL and Princess in the next few cruises I take. It's time to re-evaluate.

Sonja, nothing wrong with taking a non-NCL cruise. You may find, other lines fit your needs better. You might also find your way back to NCL. In either case, you will gain an education on the other lines that you can share here. Sounds like a great plan!