Valet luggage???

I used this service for the very first time this past November on The Allure. As most everyone else has said it was the best $20 I have ever spent since I had to lay around FLL airport for 8 hours. We got off the ship around 9am went through customs and then on to the airport. Had a 6:50 pm flight to DFW as I was trying to save money on airfare. Stupid me wound up spending $60 in the Chili's bar eating and drinking watching football games. If I had taken a earlier flight I would have wound up saving money (lol). Needless to say lesson learned as I will be back in FLL in September for a IOS cruise. Hope to do the luggage valet again but plan to catch a flight right around noon.

Anyone ever have a 7:25 pm flight leaving FLL? Sure hope we can use the valet service.

Good to know about the senior rate on SW, who would have known.

The form I filled out on the Independence said the flight had to be between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM. Hope your 7:25 pm flight isn't affected but be ready for a possible no Luggage Valet.

P.S. Ft. Lauderdale airport has become much more crowded than ever before and they won't let anyone through the Security checkpoint until 2:30 hours before your flight. You can check luggage in early downstairs, but lines are LONG!!!:eek:

Anyone ever have a 7:25 pm flight leaving FLL? Sure hope we can use the valet service.

Good to know about the senior rate on SW, who would have known.

Yes, we had a 740pm flight. You can use the luggage valet if your flight is by midnight, this was December off oasis. We got a day room and did not go to the airport till 6pm

Link from pcwalton https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByHHdTtkVTCwRnZoUVpuYkJQTjA&usp=sharing

Edited by setsail

My luggage made it home Wednesday as promised, in giant fedex boxes. Everything appears to be in order. We did get off the ship very quickly- I'd probably try it again.

No familiar with it being shipped by Fed Ex - did you do this yourself? Normally with luggage valet you pick your bags up at your destination airport - not home delivered by Fed Ex. Just curious - have used the standard luggage valet many times and never had a problem.

The form I filled out on the Independence said the flight had to be between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM. Hope your 7:25 pm flight isn't affected but be ready for a possible no Luggage Valet.

P.S. Ft. Lauderdale airport has become much more crowded than ever before and they won't let anyone through the Security checkpoint until 2:30 hours before your flight. You can check luggage in early downstairs, but lines are LONG!!!:eek:

Yes, we had a 740pm flight. You can use the luggage valet if your flight is by midnight, this was December off oasis. We got a day room and did not go to the airport till 6pm

Link from pcwalton https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByHHdTtkVTCwRnZoUVpuYkJQTjA&usp=sharing

The 6:00pm restriction was only for Southwest passengers but they are a little flexible. We had a 6:20pm flight and guest services said to give a shot. Worse case scenario is we would be rejected and have to get regular tags. Got the LV tags the last night and more importantly, our luggage in Providence on arrival.

My luggage made it home Wednesday as promised, in giant fedex boxes. Everything appears to be in order. We did get off the ship very quickly- I'd probably try it again.

Glad to hear your luggage made it home to you. I wonder if the fact they delivered via Fedex in a huge box rather than delivered by the airline is a clue to where the luggage was lost. I'm guessing if the luggage was lost in the airline system it would have been the airline that delivered it. The fact that Fedex was the delivering party makes me think that Royal had it in their possession and sent it to you.

Either way, glad you did not have the hassle of permanently lost luggage.

No familiar with it being shipped by Fed Ex - did you do this yourself? Normally with luggage valet you pick your bags up at your destination airport - not home delivered by Fed Ex. Just curious - have used the standard luggage valet many times and never had a problem.

Yes- I used luggage valet-but my luggage was not at the airport when I arrived in Chicago after my cruise. We had been pulled for customs screening, but it was not in the room where the agent took us either. My best guess is it was pulled for screening but in the wrong place and never made it to the airport.

I have it now- whew!

Yes- I used luggage valet-but my luggage was not at the airport when I arrived in Chicago after my cruise. We had been pulled for customs screening, but it was not in the room where the agent took us either. My best guess is it was pulled for screening but in the wrong place and never made it to the airport.

I have it now- whew!

Thanks for clarifying - now I understand! Glad you got your bags.

• 5 months later...
I just got off of the Independence of the Seas and my Luggage Valet is "free" since I am a Pinnacle Member. I really love Luggage Valet but read on........

Thirteen people were cancelled out of the luggage valet program on my cruise, and I was one of them. I was very confused why this happened so I dug into the issue at the Southwest Airlines counter and again when I returned home. It seems that when you book a "senior fare" you will have to present yourself to the airline and they cannot take your luggage!

This is the first time this has happened to me and I'll NEVER book another senior fare on SWA again! So, head's up! Take note.....the SWA senior fare isn't worth losing the Luggage Valet benefit.

Oh wow!!!! I am so sorry to read this. Thanks for the heads up. I have used luggage valet numerous times and never would have thought that could happen...Now I need to find out if they offer the service on 3 day cruises or is it just for longer ones ;)

For people wanting to do the Luggage Valet program, don't forget that the toiletries that you keep with you overnight that last night have to conform to the TSA carry-on rules for liquids.

If you normally check your toiletries for the trip to the ship, you may not worry about the "3-1-1" rule, but with Luggage Valet, you only have carry-on bags on the way home, as your big bags will have already been checked for you. Just something to keep in mind...

BTW, I'm another very happy customer who used the service from Port Canaveral this summer. On the way to Orlando, Delta busted the wheels on my oversized/overweight bag (first class is allowed up to 70 pounds/bag), which meant that I had to literally *drag* the bag on the ground. That twenty bucks was the best money I spent all week to not have to deal with the broken wheels on such a huge and heavy bag!

We've used Luggage Valet many times & love it. Recently tho Southwest hasn't wanted to participate (grr). Just discovered it's cause DH was booked as a senior! Light just lit up! Just wish they'd include Galveston as one of the ports..,

We will be using luggage valet in seward alaska. How many bages each? We will be flying Delta with 2 checked bags each. We get our first bag free with our Delta American Express card. 2nd bag is $35 each. Will Royal transfer the 2 extras?

We will be using luggage valet in seward alaska. How many bages each? We will be flying Delta with 2 checked bags each. We get our first bag free with our Delta American Express card. 2nd bag is $35 each. Will Royal transfer the 2 extras?

Yes, Royal will transfer all your bags, and charge the bag fees to your onboard account. You fill out a detailed form to arrange luggage valet and it takes into account your free bags.

They will transfer all of your bags but the extra costs that the airline charges will also be added to your bill. Make sure that they do it right, since the charges will be on your SeaPass Card!

We haven't cruised from Ft Lauderdale in several years and really love this service. I'll be taking advantage of it on our next cruise. However, what happens if you bag weighs more than 50 pounds? That's happened to us on our last 2 cruises (we'll never learn) and had to pay American extra.

We haven't cruised from Ft Lauderdale in several years and really love this service. I'll be taking advantage of it on our next cruise. However, what happens if you bag weighs more than 50 pounds? That's happened to us on our last 2 cruises (we'll never learn) and had to pay American extra.

I've never seen this question mentioned, but I would guess that the over weight fee would be added to your SeaPass account, just like the other airline baggage fees.