Former Sitmar Cruiser

Kansas Gal

Me too...our first "Princess" cruise was on Sitmar's Fairwind in 1988 & six months later we sailed on the same ship as the old Dawn Princess. :)

If you kept anything that showed you sailed on those Sitmar cruises that probably would make the process easier. I have my old Circolo del Comandante logbook but it was done automatically for me having sailed Sitmar and Princess a few months apart.

Edited by Astro Flyer

In the My Princess section of their website where you can view your list of previous Princess cruises there's an option at the bottom to submit information about cruises that are not listed. It's been over a quarter of a century since the last Sitmar sailing & thus it's not listed as one of the options.

"You may enter details for additional cruises you have completed with Princess Cruises, P&O Australia, or P&O UK in the space provided below. Please do not add future cruises for which you are booked. If these do not appear above, ensure your Member Number is on your booking".

As suggested calling the Princess Captain's Circle desk may be able to help you particularly if you have any sort of documentation to verify your Sitmar cruises.

When we booked our first Princess cruise 3 years ago, we were already at Platinum status because our Sitmar cruises and several other cruises on lines bought out by P&O were listed to our credit.

We did have Circulo Piccolo membership on Sitmar and the return program membership on the other lines so that may be why the cruise credits showed up for the Princess status.

We also got credit for our Sitmar cruises but i had to submit proof.

Lucky for me ( ???) I'm a pack rat and I had the old passenger lists they used to give you.

Guess that makes me a "pack rat" too because I still have mine. :p

I've saved several things from that cruise including their final brochure which had our waiter Paolo on the cover (back when they used actual crewmembers and not models). Once in a while we have a waiter, HW or maître d' who began their Princess career with Sitmar but not as often now as they retire from their career at sea.

That was only our second cruise and probably our most memorable cruise ever. It wasn't that the ship was that memorable but the 'white glove' service & great food provided by the all Italian and Portuguese crew. Today we'd have to sail on a luxury cruise line to get a similar experience although looking at the price we paid in 1988 it was closer to a current luxury cruise price after considering inflation. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Over 10 years ago, I got credit by sending 2 Circolo di Commandante pictures with 2 different captains. That gave me credit for 3 cruises since I would have had to be a past passenger to get the two photos. I had more Sitmar cruises, but those were the only photos I could find.

My first ever cruise was on the Fairwind in July, 1974--I can't believe it has been 40 years!

I have a beautiful Limoges cake plate that I got from either Sitmar or Home Lines for having sailed with them before (I don't remember how many or which line since we sailed both).

We didn't realize then how elegant the service was. We were young marrieds and took too much for granted.

Edited by chamima

Thanks everyone for your prompt responses. After reading them, I went digging. Guess I'm a pack rat too because I came up with several things, including my Circolo del Comandante log book! I had a total of 3 Sitmar cruises, so I will take these things with me when we visit the TA to schedule a Princess cruise for next fall (we want to do the classic Canada and New England)

I still have all of my Sitmar stuff too. I love looking at my Circolo del Comandante passport as well.

All of my Sitmar cruises counted toward Princess loyalty status. I didn't have to submit proof. All I did was read my cruises to the rep on the phone from my Circolo passport.

You will be pleased to see some of the Sitmar traditions live on on Princess...The Captain's Circle passports, albeit not the same, but close enough, Captain's Circle cocktail party...though no glasses...the champagne waterfall on formal night, and even some of the crew is still on board. Now, if we could just get the bartender to make a Lampadina...hmm.

I miss Sitmar so much.

TV

I still have all of my Sitmar stuff too. I love looking at my Circolo del Comandante passport as well.

All of my Sitmar cruises counted toward Princess loyalty status. I didn't have to submit proof. All I did was read my cruises to the rep on the phone from my Circolo passport.

You will be pleased to see some of the Sitmar traditions live on on Princess...The Captain's Circle passports, albeit not the same, but close enough, Captain's Circle cocktail party...though no glasses...the champagne waterfall on formal night, and even some of the crew is still on board. Now, if we could just get the bartender to make a Lampadina...hmm.

I miss Sitmar so much.

TV

I have some of best cruise memories on Sitmar

I miss Sitmar so much.

TV

Sailing on the same ship only 6 months apart I was disappointed to see that the pizzeria had been removed when it became a Princess ship but thankfully they kept the nightly pasta course. Even items in the gift shop have changed from my Fairwind coffee cup made of Staffordshire Fine Bone China to now being "made in China". ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Our 6 Sitmar cruises in the 70s & 80s (about 100 days) started us as Platinum on our 1st Princess on the Fairwind/Dawn Princess in 1989. We moved up quickly after that.

I recently came across our Sitmar high ball glasses (12 of them!) that we got on each "returning" cruise -- and 1 Princess champagne flute! All are actual crystal!

Edited by DRS/NC
correct info

Sitmar Cruises will qualify as points towards Captains Circle. There are a number of other lines that also qualify but some are restricted to people who live in certain geographical areas. P&O Cruises and Ocean Village cruises qualify for some people but this is not a complete list.

Regards John Watson

I dug out my old Sitmar Pics, but I don't have anything that says Sitmar. We have pictures of our waiters, but no name tags and no logos. We have pictures of my sister and I in the the stairwell outside the dining room with the bronze sculpture of the world behind us. Again doesn't say Sitmar anywhere. I'm gonna call my mom and see if she has a ship's photo from the cruise with the branding on it.

• 8 months later...

The Fairsky (Captain Rudolpho Potenzoni and Staff Captain Giuseppe Romano who is currently captain of the Ruby Princess!). I was on board when the announcement was made that Princess had bought Sitmar...what a sad day that was....Since I cruised at least twice a year since I was in my early 20's I have many memories on both Sitmar and Princess (but Sitmar will always hold a special place in my heart...)

Hi Folks

Should I try and mention the 17 week voyage that my wife and I took aboard Fairsky in 1969 Freemantle Australia to Southampton UK via the Pacific

If memory serves

Freemantle , Melbourne , Sydney , Brisbane, Auckland , Suva , Papattee through the Panama canal to Curacao , and thence to Laguria (for bunkers) and then 17 sea days across the Atlantic at 12 Knots to Lisbon , and thence to Southampton.

Recon it would count for anything ??

:D

Regards

John

I wish I could have sailed on Sitmar. It sounds like a line I would have enjoyed!

My mom has a Circulo Piccolo membership pin - Princess must have taken that over.

Sitmar was fantastic.

Circolo del Commandante is Italian for Captain's Circle!

I started sailing Sitmar in October 1974 and did a couple of cruises every year until Princess bought them. In 1984 I was on one of the 1st Fairsky sailings. Not only did I have a great cruise but I met my husband. As a wedding present Sitmar sent us a beautiful Italian handmade wooden music box with Fairsky inlaid on the lid. It's a treasure that 30 years later I still enjoy daily. Just got off the Ruby Princess. The Ruby's captain was a newly appointed staff captain on the Fairsky 30 years ago.