Logistics for Bayonne NJ-Port for Summitt

DFD1

About to book the Summitt out of Bayonne for this summer.

Is Newark the best airport for getting to Bayonne?

How do the transfers work from Newark to the port.....TAXI?....LIMO?....

Ship transfers?....and what are the approximate costs?

I'm new to Celebrity and to Bayonne.

Thanks for your help.

Newark is the closest air port.

Round trip transfers from Celebrity are $57 pp for our September cruise.

Taxi fairs are probably in the area of $40 one way. Not sure about limo or shuttle costs.

There is info on cruising out of Cape Liberty on this board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Mary Lou

About to book the Summitt out of Bayonne for this summer.

Is Newark the best airport for getting to Bayonne?

How do the transfers work from Newark to the port.....TAXI?....LIMO?....

Ship transfers?....and what are the approximate costs?

I'm new to Celebrity and to Bayonne.

Thanks for your help.

Definitely Newark unless you get a real great price, transfers from any of the other airports will be probably twice Newark.

We are flying in the day before our cruise, personal preference. Just be aware, when I looked on line for booking a transfer the day of the cruise the time from the airport to the port was 1:00. If you arrive early in the day you will have to hang around the air port waiting for the transfer. The time departing from the port to the airport was noon.

Mary Lou

This one case where taking a taxi is both cheaper, faster, and easier than trying to find a shuttle or bus. Absolutely choose Newark airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a good shuttle from the cruise port back to EWR. You just go toward the far left side of the cruise terminal, when you get off the tram from the ship. The line for the shuttle is very near the taxi stand area. No advance purchase, and if I recall correctly, the cost per person was $16/pp. :cool:

We are flying in the day before our cruise, personal preference. Just be aware, when I looked on line for booking a transfer the day of the cruise the time from the airport to the port was 1:00. If you arrive early in the day you will have to hang around the air port waiting for the transfer. The time departing from the port to the airport was noon.

Mary Lou

Look for hotels in Newark and Elizabeth around the airport on RT 1 and 9. Do not book in Newark area around Penn Station. There are really no hotels in the Bayonne area. The trip from EWR to the port is about 20 minutes.

There is a good shuttle from the cruise port back to EWR. You just go toward the far left side of the cruise terminal, when you get off the tram from the ship. The line for the shuttle is very near the taxi stand area. No advance purchase, and if I recall correctly, the cost per person was $16/pp. :cool:

Why bother when the taxi for two is just slightly more?

We did this cruise 3 years ago. When we got off the ship the que for a taxi was fairly long - we walked over and got on the shuttle and departed almost immediately. If I could have gotten a taxi fairly quickly we probably would have done that.

By the way, we went several days early and stayed in midtown Manhattan. We took a car service to the port on Sunday morning and it was $65. Worked great.

Look for hotels in Newark and Elizabeth around the airport on RT 1 and 9. Do not book in Newark area around Penn Station. There are really no hotels in the Bayonne area. The trip from EWR to the port is about 20 minutes.

Thanks, we lived in NJ for 7 years and have cruised out of Port Liberty twice. We are booked into a hotel in Newark at the airport. Our criteria was a hotel with a restaurant. We know what to expect at the hotels in the area. :D

Mary Lou

We did this cruise 3 years ago. When we got off the ship the que for a taxi was fairly long - we walked over and got on the shuttle and departed almost immediately. If I could have gotten a taxi fairly quickly we probably would have done that.

We normally will cab-it from the port to the airport. But, we had heard about the shuttle, and found their dispatcher very easily. We only had to wait a few minutes for them to finish filling the van, and off we went -- saving a few $$, in the process! :cool: