Bringing Own Wine to Dinner

aruss

Ok, I know we can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom onboard at embarkation, and I've read there's no longer a corkage fee.

My question is: how many people actually lug a bottle to dinner? We drink about a half bottle at dinner so would be taking a bottle in and out of the main dining room. My husband says that would be embarrassing. Do a lot of people do this? Will we feel un-couth if we do? We have MTD on the Serenade.

Ok, I know we can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom onboard at embarkation, and I've read there's no longer a corkage fee.

My question is: how many people actually lug a bottle to dinner? We drink about a half bottle at dinner so would be taking a bottle in and out of the main dining room. My husband says that would be embarrassing. Do a lot of people do this? Will we feel un-couth if we do? We have MTD on the Serenade.

We've got no problem bringing a bottle of wine to dinner.

We brought wine to dinner last week on Navigator. They put it in the chiller (white wine), opened it, served it and recorked it when we didn't finish the bottle. They kept it in the chiller so we didn't have to carry it out of the dining room and then back in the next night.

They put your cabin number on the label so they know who it belongs to if you have some left over.

Oh! I wasn't aware that the corkage fee has been removed. (haven't been keeping up)

Thanks for the info.

Only if your walking around with it in a brown paper bag. :D

As others have mentioned the staff will store your bottle so there is no 'in and out' of th dining room. I just did it on Radiance and my wait staff noted down my name, table number and room number with the bottle to ensure they could bring out the correct one from storage then next night. Ignore your husband!

We had 5 bottles with us on our last cruise (2 cabins and 1 bottle as a gift) and took a bottle with us to a specialty restaurant 3 nights and to the MDR the other 2. Never a problem and we just had them fill our glasses to finish off the bottle and took our glass to the show after dinner.

As the others have mentioned, they we happily store the bottle for you in the MDR until the following evening. The other option would be to just bring in a glass with you (filled from the bottle in your room). This would be good if you only plan to drink a single glass with dinner but might like to have another glass back in your room later. Your room steward will gladly provide you with an ice bucket and glasses.

Happy sailing!

Melissa

• 5 weeks later...
As the others have mentioned, they we happily store the bottle for you in the MDR until the following evening. The other option would be to just bring in a glass with you (filled from the bottle in your room). This would be good if you only plan to drink a single glass with dinner but might like to have another glass back in your room later. Your room steward will gladly provide you with an ice bucket and glasses.

Happy sailing!

Melissa

You can take 2 bottles on board. One for the dining room & one for your cabin. ;)

As far as carrying the wine on board, we have 5 cabins on our upcoming Navigator cruise so that means 10 bottles of wine. We use those 6 pack cloth wine carriers you get in the stores. Just put them in a carry on an you are good to go. We all checked in at the same time anyway (we are family) so we go through the security scanners and they see we have 5 cabins, hence 10 bottles. No Problem, Mon.

We all do the drink package but like the bottles for in cabin consumption. The bottles we don't open? Gifts to our cabin Steward.