Captains Club Upgrade from Interior

downundermatt

Hi There

Am sorry to admit I am considering booking my first ever Interior Cabin -

just wondering if anyone had any luck using the Captains Club one Category Upgrade and finished up with an Ocean View (or better) ....

I can always dream I suppose .....

Hi There

just wondering if anyone had any luck using the Captains Club one Category Upgrade and finished up with an Ocean View (or better) ....

Inside and Ocean View are super categories. Inside categories are 11, 10, etc. The one category upgrade would let you upgrade from Inside cat 11 to cat 10.

Here's an extract from the Captain's Club terms and conditions:

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W... Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Why are you sorry to admit you are considering an inside cabin? Many of us (myself included) have sailed many times in an inside cabin, no shame in that (better to be on the ship than on shore :D).

You may be pleasantly surprised. I find them cozy, quiet and I have my best sleep in them.

As far as being upgarded to an outside or better, probably not going to happen. In all the times I've booked an inside, that's the cabin I've wound up with.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy the $ you've saved and enjoy your cruise.

I've sailed in everything from an inside to the penthouse. All depends on whether I have a roommate, the other people I'm sailing with, where the ship is going, and pricing. When I'm sailing solo, which I usually am these days, I tend toward the lower end as there is the single supplement to contend with. I've had good cruises in all those cabins.

We started out with inside cabins and have slowly worked our way up through the categories. Once we retire, we will probably make our way back down to insides. I'd rather be in an inside than not on a cruise at all ;)

And with our dollar doing a nosedive, we will soon be back in insides.

Once it's nightime and the drapes are closed there is no difference.

To cruise frugally sure beats winter anytime.

Hi There

Oh no say it's not so.

We absolutely love the Veranda, but if they are priced way above insides (like most are these days) then insides work just fine. For us, its either inside staterooms or verandas. CC and Aqua make no difference to us since we rarely use the Concierge, and mostly eat junk food in the Oceanview/ Mast Grill (love my beef and bacon burgers). Suites are way way too expensive for us.

If I may suggest, spend a little more and book a category 10/9 inside stateroom. Its usually on a higher deck (deck 7/8/9/10) and are quite good. I personally don't like staying on a lower deck which is why we never even contemplate an oceanview/ outside stateroom.

If you want the chance of a better cabin, why not book a guarantee?

Or if you are lucky, you may find an offer - balcony for inside price ( our 1st Azamara cruise was booked under that offer)

Edited by upwarduk