Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

This statement is incorrect:

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Phxazzcruisers
They are taking part of the MDR upper level.[/QUOTE]

So don't worry...

[quote name='sasset']Won't leave much room for Select.[/QUOTE]

Luminae is taking seats from the MDR but not in the Select section...

[quote name='Oville']I am on Constellation and it is being built now.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Thank you[B] Oville [/B]!

Any info you can pass to us would be very appreciated. I will board on April 9th and am so hoping it will be open then.

Can you give any details??

:D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sr2']Are they?:eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

Everyone I've asked, including the person who was responsible for implementing the new Restaurant, has told me that a Zenith member, like every other non Suite passenger, must be invited to dine at a $50 pp charge for dinner. Charges apply for breakfast and lunch as well.
Therefore, dining in the Suite Restaurant is not a Zenith benefit.
Personally, I would like to see Zenith members on a space available, fee basis be allowed to dine in the new Restaurant and charged to their Seapass Card. Currently, the fee for any non Suite passenger must be charged to the card of the Suite passenger who invited the guest. Edited by Orator

[quote name='Perpetua']We are DCL fans but coming back to Celebrity and sailing on the Reflection (Easter, April 4th) with our 4 young children! I can let you know how Luminae is for the kiddos![/quote]

WOW, what Suite did you book that holds 6 people? :eek:

I guess it didn't occur to me that children would be in Luminae.;) Thinking about Blu, here. Because the AQ staterooms only hold 2, and they are typically both adults, rarely are there children in Blu. Just thought it would be the same in Luminae. I was not taking into account that Suites can hold more than 2 persons. :)

[QUOTE]
like every other non Suite passenger, must be invited to dine at a $50 pp charge for dinner.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there will be a charge, or as much of a charge, for guest dining in Luminae [B]without[/B] the new menu. :rolleyes: Supposedly, the new menu will not debut until the week after we cruise. If Luminae is serving the MDR menu, maybe they will not charge so much until they have the menu.

[quote name='Orator']Everyone I've asked, including the person who was responsible for implementing the new Restaurant, has told me that a Zenith member, like every other non Suite passenger, must be invited to dine at a $50 pp charge for dinner. Charges apply for breakfast and lunch as well.
Therefore, dining in the Suite Restaurant is not a Zenith benefit.
Personally, I would like to see Zenith members on a space available, fee basis be allowed to dine in the new Restaurant and charged to their Seapass Card. Currently, the fee for any non Suite passenger must be charged to the card of the Suite passenger who invited the guest.[/QUOTE]

"Are they offering the Specialty Restaurants to Suite passengers and Zeniths while they are doing the work?
Enjoy Connie!"

This was a question you asked. It makes it sound like the suite restaurant has something to do with Zeniths. I was asking why they would be offering the specialty restaurants to Zeniths while the suite restaurant was under construction.:confused: Edited by Ma Bell

[quote name='cle-guy']Odd how the chairs are fine for dining in the MDR, but suddenly appear uncomfortable once moved to the SDR....[/QUOTE]

It's those first world problems I tell ya. Next thing you know the ice won't be cold enough and they'll complain there's no land-line internet (it's faster after all) ;)

[quote name='Ma Bell']"Are they offering the Specialty Restaurants to Suite passengers and Zeniths while they are doing the work?
Enjoy Connie!"

This was a question you asked. It makes it sound like the suite restaurant has something to do with Zeniths. I was asking why they would be offering the specialty restaurants to Zeniths while the suite restaurant was under construction.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am not on a ship at this time. Will be on Silhouette on March 29th. Several, including Arno have reported that Zeniths have been invited to use Specialty Restaurants while renovations were taking place. This practice may have caused some confusion about the future availability of the new restaurant to Zeniths. As I've said before, everyone I've talked to whose in a position to know, including mark, who is spearheading the project have told me that Zeniths will not have the Suite Restaurant as a benefit. Whatever Celebrity decides is fine with me. The Zenith benefits are fantastic as you will discover soon.

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="5"]Here's one that holds 6 people.
[IMG][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/e7h4ic.jpg[/IMG][/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][quote name='Iamthesea']WOW, what Suite did you book that holds 6 people? :eek:

I guess it didn't occur to me that children would be in Luminae.;) Thinking about Blu, here. Because the AQ staterooms only hold 2, and they are typically both adults, rarely are there children in Blu. Just thought it would be the same in Luminae. I was not taking into account that Suites can hold more than 2 persons. :)

I wonder if there will be a charge, or as much of a charge, for guest dining in Luminae [B]without[/B] the new menu. :rolleyes: Supposedly, the new menu will not debut until the week after we cruise. If Luminae is serving the MDR menu, maybe they will not charge so much until they have the menu.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Orator']I am not on a ship at this time. Will be on Silhouette on March 29th. Several, including Arno have reported that Zeniths have been invited to use Specialty Restaurants while renovations were taking place. This practice may have caused some confusion about the future availability of the new restaurant to Zeniths. As I've said before, everyone I've talked to whose in a position to know, including mark, who is spearheading the project have told me that Zeniths will not have the Suite Restaurant as a benefit. Whatever Celebrity decides is fine with me. The Zenith benefits are fantastic as you will discover soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, lots of great benefits already. I don't imagine they would do that.

[quote name='Iamthesea']WOW, what Suite did you book that holds 6 people? :eek:

I guess it didn't occur to me that children would be in Luminae.;) Thinking about Blu, here. Because the AQ staterooms only hold 2, and they are typically both adults, rarely are there children in Blu. Just thought it would be the same in Luminae. I was not taking into account that Suites can hold more than 2[/QUOTE]

We have two suites. Grandma in one with the two oldest girls and my husband and I will have the twins. We can't wait!

[quote name='Iamthesea']I wonder if there will be a charge, or as much of a charge, for guest dining in Luminae [B]without[/B] the new menu. :rolleyes: Supposedly, the new menu will not debut until the week after we cruise. If Luminae is serving the MDR menu, maybe they will not charge so much until they have the menu.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty certain that I read that non-suite guests would NOT be permitted until the official launch of Luminae [in April]. Far too many current Luminae threads current to be able to tell on which I read this.

WOW, what Suite did you book that holds 6 people? :eek:

I wonder if there will be a charge, or as much of a charge, for guest dining in Luminae without the new menu. :rolleyes: Supposedly, the new menu will not debut until the week after we cruise. If Luminae is serving the MDR menu, maybe they will not charge so much until they have the menu.

If you are a suite guest, there is no charge. This is your assigned dining room.

Can anyone provide an update on the introduction of Luminae on Solstice? I understand they started the build mid Feb - just wondering if it will be operational for our cruise starting 22 March even though it is not officially in action until April

We have two suites. Grandma in one with the two oldest girls and my husband and I will have the twins. We can't wait!

Have a great time! We will be getting off as you embark on the 4th. :(

I understood Iamthesea's question to be about guests of suite guests.

Sue

Correct! ;)

I am pretty certain that I read that non-suite guests would NOT be permitted until the official launch of Luminae [in April]. Far too many current Luminae threads current to be able to tell on which I read this.

I think that I do remember reading that. ;) Well, I came up with a solution of sorts. Posted on the other Luminae thread (Reflection.)

Edited by Iamthesea

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from the Reflection 3/21 sailing and we ate in Luminae 4 times. The food was still the same as the Main Dining Room however the service was clearly at a higher level. It appeared to us that they had selected some of their best servers and sommeliers to be assigned there.

The space was quite nice, there was plenty of room between the tables and they couldn't have been nicer. We made several nice comments on our questionnaire about specific individuals who served us. It looks to me like Celebrity has a big hit with this assuming the food really is an upgrade. The sample menu I saw on line certainly appears to be headed in that direction.

Was on the Silhouette 3/22 sailing and ate in Luminae 6 out of 7 nights. As a party of 7 with 2 children, we had a unique take on the service.

Staff: Ranged from an A+++ to a B-. The head waiter they selected is superb. Magic tricks and patience for the kids, and ensuring the adults were attended to. Beverage guy was slow to start (he does the whole restaurant, folks) but once ordered, wine was never empty and we did not once have to present our cards (he somehow knew what package we had). Our Waiter was clearly struggling. Not nearly the quality for a high end restaurant, nor a waiter from the school of quick table turns. Often times forgetting to replace silverware that was taken, or delivering the wrong item to the wrong diner. More than once :)

Timing: We showed up whenever we wanted (dining was available from 5:30-9:30) and were never waiting for a table when we arrived. That's the good part. The bad part? Dinner took forever. Not one night. But every night. As in, the kids would be done with their main and we'd be waiting for the last soup/salad course to be cleared. Some nights, kids were starting desert before our mains were served. (this is where the magic tricks came in handy...)

Food: Fully edible and oftentimes excellent. Except for that blasted Top Chef Menu....that thing has GOT TO GO. I wish i could say that we got to try the new menus, but that was reserved for the legions of crew members who waltzed into the dining room and took over the back half starting on night 4. They clearly also got a higher level of service for the 'mock service' they were supporting....

Overall:For the intimacy you feel in Luminae, it's worth it to avoid the MDR at all costs. I don't mind a 3hr dinner if my wine glass is constantly being topped off and i'm not watching a million other diners come and go. If we were travelling with non-suite guests, i wouldn't bother paying $50/night at Luminae for the pleasure of their company.....it's better to treat it as another specialty restaurant at that point.

Do you think one will be nicer than the other?;)

I was told in BLU on Silhouette that Luminae would be the best restaurant on the ship, better even than Murano, and that BLU would see an upgrade so as not to be too inferior to Luminae.