Repositioning to Tampa 2015

brainyblonde

I am not able to find information on HAL's site, or elsewhere, about the fall repositioning from Europe to Tampa of the Ryndam or any other replacement.

I am assuming there will be no HAL ship operating out of Tampa this winter. Am I correct?

The Ryndam is leaving the fleet this fall, and will be doing her final HAL sail from Europe to Singapore, where she will be turned over to her new line. :( So, no trans-At for her.

I haven't kept track of which ship, if any, will sail out of Tampa. It has to be able to fit under the bridge coming up to the port.

I haven't kept track of which ship, if any, will sail out of Tampa. It has to be able to fit under the bridge coming up to the port.

I think the Veendam is taking the Ryndam's place in Tampa early 2016, though I believe it will be coming via the Panama Canal instead of from Europe.

We sailed Veendam out of Tampa a few times and really enjoyed Tampa as an embarkation city. We had nice pre and post cruise stay and I loved how level the city is to make for wonderful walking.

We sailed Ryndam 14 days 2006 on a great cruise. That stands out in my memory as a nice Caribbean itinerary and very enjoyable cruise.

Doesn't look like it there will be any HAL ships sailing from Tampa in the fall of 2015.

Today's Tampa paper:

http://tbo.com/news/business/two-new-cruise-ships-to-sail-from-tampa-port-20131025/

KK, I'm confused by your post.. :confused:

I can't find anything in that article, which by the way was written over a year ago, which says HAL will not be operating out of Tampa in the fall/winter of 2015 & 2016.. All I can glean from that article is Aida will also have a ship out of Tampa..

Edited by serendipity1499

KK, I'm confused by your post.. :confused:

I can't find anything in that article, which by the way was written over a year ago, which says HAL will not be operating out of Tampa in the fall/winter of 2015 & 2016.. All I can glean from that article is Aida will also have a ship out of Tampa..

You're not the only one! ;) Nowhere in the quoted article does it say that HAL won't have a ship based out of Tampa for fall/winter 2015. It just references the fact that the Germans with the eyes and red lips are coming to Tampa

Edited by Copper10-8

You're not the only one! ;) Nowhere in the quoted article does it say that HAL won't have a ship based out of Tampa for fall/winter 2015. It just references the fact that the Germans with the eyes and red lips are coming to Tampa

I know they are red lips and eyes...But they always remind me of sperm...EM

• 2 weeks later...