Which Memorial Day weekend cruise would you choose?

kunta67

I'd love anyone's input because my wife and I are really struggling on which Memorial Day week cruise to take. We're looking at the following cruises

1. 5/23 Oasis-WC

2. 5/24 Freedom-WC

3. 5/24 Indy-EC

We've been on Allure and Liberty before so we're both pretty familiar with both classes of ships. However on Freedom or Indy we could do a GS vs. on Oasis we would do a JS. If we do either WC itineraries we would be excited to experience Labadee and on the EC itinerary we would love to see Puerto Rico and Bassaterre.

We've never left out of Port Canaveral before so if we chose Freedom we're a little worried about that. We're pretty familiar with leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and have our routine down.

We love being on cruises but also enjoy the entertainment at night on board like the comedy shows, broadway shows, etc.

Thanks for your input

I'd love anyone's input because my wife and I are really struggling on which Memorial Day week cruise to take. We're looking at the following cruises

1. 5/23 Oasis-WC

2. 5/24 Freedom-WC

3. 5/24 Indy-EC

We've been on Allure and Liberty before so we're both pretty familiar with both classes of ships. However on Freedom or Indy we could do a GS vs. on Oasis we would do a JS. If we do either WC itineraries we would be excited to experience Labadee and on the EC itinerary we would love to see Puerto Rico and Bassaterre.

We've never left out of Port Canaveral before so if we chose Freedom we're a little worried about that. We're pretty familiar with leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and have our routine down.

We love being on cruises but also enjoy the entertainment at night on board like the comedy shows, broadway shows, etc.

Thanks for your input

We are partial to Oasis class! Labadee is great! If your looking for the most entertainment variety go with Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you choose the Freedom, you must pay for a cabana on barefoot beach by emailing the concierge 3 weeks ahead of time. Ask for #1 or #2. Also do the expensive zip line. Sign up for the 2nd earliest time. I am terrified of heights and never do roller coasters and I absolutely loved it. It is worth doing one time, even though it cost around $95 a person.

Tell the concierge you want to be the first off the ship so you can put all your stuff in your cabana. Then head over to sign all the forms to do the zip line. This way you will have the whole rest of the day to spend on barefoot Beach. You can only do this if you are in a GS or higher.

If you're not going to do these two things, then I would do the one in Puerto Rico.

Save up the money to be in a GS or higher when you go on the oasis or the allure. It is worth it, unless you are diamond plus or pinnacle then you could get a JS or balcony. But even the people who are diamond plus now miss out on some of the amenities on the Allure or the oasis

I live about 20 miles south of Port Canaveral. If I were you I would come in a day early Rent-A-Car and then the morning you board take the car back to the rental place and they will take you to the pier. Or you can come in as early as possible and have a shuttle take you directly to the pier the day of the cruise.

The Oasis and the Allure are amazing ships. But if i can't stay in a GS or higher, I wouldn't do it again as they have a diminished the diamond plus benefits.

I have been on the freedom twice and love that ship.

My two cents worth

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also do the expensive zip line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to disagree with this part. 95.00 for a 45 second ride seemed like a waste of time and money to us. It was fun and the view was great, but a hundred bucks for such a short ride and it wasn't that awesome. Plus even if you take an early run, it's still mostly just waiting around. Waiting to sign up, waiting for a harness, waiting to take the test run, waiting to go up the hill, waiting to finally do it. For us IMHO it just seemed like a lot of standing around waiting and then a 45 second quick run that wasn't all that great.

For 80.00 more in Vegas I took a PLANE RIDE three miles up and went skydiving with a personal instructor. RCCL is way overcharging for this zipline that they've paid for many times over I'm sure............. When we did it 5-6 years ago it was 80 or 85.00. Apparently they've increased the price................... Opinions vary!:D:)

Also I agree with Clarea, Indy for San Juan and the eastern route :)

Edited by bouhunter

1. 5/23 Oasis-WC

2. 5/24 Freedom-WC

3. 5/24 Indy-EC

Thanks for your input

I'd go with the Oasis. Well as a matter of fact, we choose the Oasis and are sailing on May 23! :)

We loved Allure and I would love to sail Oasis, but we're still a little weary about the implementation of Dynamic Dining. I know they've postponed it but for how long? We truly enjoy doing the MDR and meeting other people. However the Oasis class ships are just so much fun and there's a ton of stuff to do.

We loved Allure and I would love to sail Oasis, but we're still a little weary about the implementation of Dynamic Dining. I know they've postponed it but for how long? We truly enjoy doing the MDR and meeting other people. However the Oasis class ships are just so much fun and there's a ton of stuff to do.

Like I said in my earlier post, I am booked on the 5/23 Oasis sailing. I'm also worried about dynamic dining, even though its been postponed. However, I would think that May would NOT be considered late in the year, so my guess is that we won't have it. I'm currently waitlisted for late dining, but a couple weeks ago, I spoke to a rep who said that dining choices should become available by the end of the month. Hoping DD does not get implemented!

Edited to Add: And since I'm currently still scheduled for MTD, I am able to make reservations for dinner. Even though I'm not planning to make them as I'm hoping to get late seating, I would say that this is a sign that DD will not be implemented.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser