Free Specialty Restaurant Dining

thistledoo

I would call Princess to verify this. I was supposed to have one with my booking for Feb. but it never showed up on my travel summary - come to find out the agent that told me I would keep my specialty dining credit when I refared the cruise was wrong.

I'm not saying that you're in the same position as I was, but I would make sure with Princess that you should be receiving it, possibly even asking them to send you something in writing if it's not going to show on your cruise personalizer - that way you have proof once you're onboard ship.

We have a free specialty restaurant dining for two as part of our booking in March. Is this supposed to show up somewhere on our booking summary?

No it will not show in your booking summary but you should find a card in your cabin upon arrival.

Mike:)

When you receive your notification in your cabin it will mention an assigned restaurant, Crown Grill or Sabatini', as well a reservation day & time. If you wish to make a change call the DINE line the first day, or visit the restaurant in person. We did this on our last cruise and did not have any difficulty making the change.

Our booking in February includes "free" specialty dining and a bottle of wine. I just figured it would be like when I purchased OBC for myself on our last cruise. We got a card in our cabin.

I'm hoping to trade the wine certificate for regular OBC but, if that doesn't work, we'll take the wine. My only concern is the number of people who booked under the promotion and possible overcrowding in the specialty restaurants due to that. If our notice says we have reservations in Sabatini's I'll be on the DINE line immediately trying to change it to Crown Grill.

Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses. I'll make sure I take something in writing from our TA in case there are any problems on board.

Even though we have never had any problems with OBC or promised items it's always a good idea to carry written confirmation as it is next to impossible to substantiate something like that while onboard.

Mike:)

I'm looking all over my cruise personalizer and can't find anything that confirms the free specialty dining and bottle of wine. It was part of the booking promotion but I don't see anything that verifies I'm supposed to get it. The only booking summary I see online is just the page - not a document.

Where - exactly - can I find a printable document that shows these perks?

Edited by Thrak

I'm looking all over my cruise personalizer and can't find anything that confirms the free specialty dining and bottle of wine. It was part of the booking promotion but I don't see anything that verifies I'm supposed to get it. The only booking summary I see online is just the page - not a document.

The multi-page booking summary is accessed with the same link used to get to where you can print luggage tags and boarding passes.

The multi-page booking summary is accessed with the same link used to get to where you can print luggage tags and boarding passes.

I've already looked there and there is no mention at all of the wine or the specialty dinner on that document.

Print out "BOOKING SUMMARY".....PAGE 2-Has you both listed and so on.Below the totals due and soforth if you read the fine print,well,its right there or should be.

BOOKING SUMMARY is simply a web page - not a document - and it doesn't list squat. In the Documents area I'm offered Boarding Pass, Luggage Tag, and Travel Summary. It is definitely not listed on the Travel Summary.

I'll probably have to call my TA or Princess. I don't think it's too much to ask that they provide verification.

This seems to be similar to purchasing OBC in advance. There is no way to see that online either. You have to call Princess and ask them to send email confirmation. It's pretty stupid and very poor customer relatioins.

I just booked a cruise for November 2015 and I am suppose to get the "free specialty dining" as part of the booking/Princess 50th birthday promo. I do not see it listed on my documents either.

I also get a bottle of wine because I am not sailing in my birthday month,but another month and its's my 50th birthday this year.:) I only see any e-mail from Princess that the offer is available, not that I will get it.

I plan to get it all sorted out before final payment. Just curious if these offers ever show up on our end, for the consumer? or do they just show up for the travel agent?

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

BOOKING SUMMARY is simply a web page - not a document - and it doesn't list squat. In the Documents area I'm offered Boarding Pass, Luggage Tag, and Travel Summary. It is definitely not listed on the Travel Summary.

I'll probably have to call my TA or Princess. I don't think it's too much to ask that they provide verification.

This seems to be similar to purchasing OBC in advance. There is no way to see that online either. You have to call Princess and ask them to send email confirmation. It's pretty stupid and very poor customer relatioins.

You should have received an email of your Booking Summary either from Princess or your T/A (if you have one).There are 3 pages contained in that email which page 2 is the actual Booking Summary. As referenced before approximately 1/2 way down that page is fine print (or there should be).This is where you will find the information I believe your looking for!:) Just trying to help!

The free wine and specialty dining is not shown to the passenger. Princess reps and Travel Agents can see the information but it's not visible to the consumer. Princess says this is so that anything purchased as a "surprise gift" won't have the surprise ruined.

I called Princess and they were happy to email me confirmation of the items in question. I also had to do this when I wanted confirmation of $200 OBC I had "gifted" myself last November.