Red eye flight into Miami need cheap hotel

tazmancruiser

Will not not get into Miami until after midnight.

Need reasonable priced hotel near airport to catch some sleep before boarding.

Don't want to pat "$$$" for short stay.

Would someone please recommend hotel.

Thank you

Try asking this in the homeport forum for Florida.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by DinaS

but if you are coming on Friday or Saturday night, it is unlikely you will find a cheap hotel near a port. You could stay further out for a bit less but then it will run you more in taxi fare.

We have learned that hotels near FLL port run $200+/nt (just Hyatt Place, Fairfield). I think we even had to pay close to that further out sometimes.

Good luck.

I have found good rates at the airport Hilton but you should check comparison websites such as kayak.com, hipmunk.com, etc as well as hotel brand websites for special offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were you I would just go on Priceline or Hotwire and book the cheapest 2 or 3 star hotel in the Airport area. It probably wouldn't be any cheaper. Whichever hotel you get call and let them know that you will be a late arrival and to hold your room.

If I were you I would just go on Priceline or Hotwire and book the cheapest 2 or 3 star hotel in the Airport area. It probably wouldn't be any cheaper. Whichever hotel you get call and let them know that you will be a late arrival and to hold your room.

I concur: Just use priceline.com (1 day prior or before) usually a little cheaper than Hotwire. - use their express deals tab...pick a hotel (blind booking) in the area you want. Put in your credit card and presto you are sent the name of your hotel. Your all prepaid so the booking is held.

Will not not get into Miami until after midnight.

Need reasonable priced hotel near airport to catch some sleep before boarding.

Don't want to pat "$$$" for short stay.

Would someone please recommend hotel.

Thank you

We have had two says at the Marriott,complex at the airport in the last 3 months. Believe it or not the courtyard by marriott was excellent, and so was the residence inn. If I had to do again, I would stay at the courtyard. All three hotels run a shuttle every 15 minutes from the airport.

Additionally they run a shuttle to the cruise terminal for $10 pp.

The reason I would stay away from one of the unknown hotel sites, is they may not run a shuttle at midnight, so you would have to get a taxi.

Edited by Merriem

We often stay at the Miami airport hotel, literally on site at Miami airport. Roll off the plane and into the hotel. Ideal to grab a shower, a bite to eat if needed, then crash out until the morning. They also offer a breakfast deal if you want. We have found that purchasing the Celebrity transfer works OK and is a cheap option if you are interested. They tend to pick up from Miami airport around 11am, so time to have (a late) breakfast and then meet the coach.

For overnight before a cruise, we have stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon near the airport, which was recommended by Host Anne here on these boards.

(Thanks, Host Anne.)

Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable accommodations at reasonable price.

Has free airport shuttle, and breakfast included.

Located right across street from a shopping mall that includes a publix and liquor store

and some restaurants.

2 drugstores on corners across the street for picking up those last minute items.

Edited by fleckle

We often stay at the Miami airport hotel, literally on site at Miami airport. Roll off the plane and into the hotel. Ideal to grab a shower, a bite to eat if needed, then crash out until the morning. They also offer a breakfast deal if you want. We have found that purchasing the Celebrity transfer works OK and is a cheap option if you are interested. They tend to pick up from Miami airport around 11am, so time to have (a late) breakfast and then meet the coach.

Great idea. I've stayed there when connecting flights were cancelled or missed in transit and it was fine. I just checked a weekend overnight out of curiosity and the rate was $179 including breakfast. About par for the course anywhere in the area, super-convenient especially at that hour, and saves the arrival cab fare.

There are no "cheap" hotels in Miami...just so you know!

Well no, this is not correct. You just have to know how to book. For example on Priceline I got the Intercontinental Downtown last Apr for $121 a night, all in, taxes & everything for 3 nights. It certainly is more of a challenge in Jan & Feb though. It might help if we knew when the OP's cruise is.