Guests in Michael's club?

8milfan

Let's face it, as a suite guest you have far more latitude than other pax. Michael's Club rules belong Celebrity and their choice on how to implement the rules. Capacity is the primary issue. On a few cruises, not many people were utilizing MC, so we were allowed to bring in guests. When it's packed, the rules were adhered to. With regards to kids, it seems they allow it. If they behave - ok, however I don't need screaming or crying kids.

Well said.

And I agree... what happens on the ship should stay on the ship. ;)

Agree! "No good deed goes unpunished". There have been cases when someone mentioned a "favor" that Staff or Crew did you them. They posted the information as a positive, but was not received that way by Management. What you say may have unintended consequences.

Agree! "No good deed goes unpunished". There have been cases when someone mentioned a "favor" that Staff or Crew did you them. They posted the information as a positive, but was not received that way by Management. What you say may have unintended consequences.

Not just that...

If guests are discretely granted certain favors, then come and post about them on an open forum, then other guests may feel they are entitled to "demand" these same favors. If it became a problem, then X would have to strictly enforce any governance over MC. As it is right now, the concierge has some discretion and I, for one, would like that to continue... :)

Not just that...

If guests are discretely granted certain favors, then come and post about them on an open forum, then other guests may feel they are entitled to "demand" these same favors. If it became a problem, then X would have to strictly enforce any governance over MC. As it is right now, the concierge has some discretion and I, for one, would like that to continue... :)

As would I. The MCCs I've met have been just wonderful and I would trust their judgemnt.

Well said.

And I agree... what happens on the ship should stay on the ship. ;)

If what happened on the ship stayed on the ship then these boards would be a quiet and dreary place to be! Surely the answer is for the answer to be no unless as in our case Celebrity themselves in the form of the MC concierge suggests it. You have to at least allow X to manage things as they choose and with whatever discretion they choose to apply. I see no problem with reporting the fact of what happened on these boards and frankly anyone who abuses their MC privalage by putting pressure on the concierge on a 'well it was done for someone on another ship at another time so do it for me ' basis should have their own privalage revoked.

Seriously, I am a little surprised about some of the attitudes here. Cruise Critic has a few purposes, and while some have more experience than other we all benefit from sharing experience. Let Celebrity enforce or set the policies as they see fit. If I report the MC concierge invited our guests in to MC, instead of meeting them in the photo sales place, that is such a bad thing? We would have been happy to meet them in a lounge or elsewhere but she OFFERED to help us ALL with priority tendering. When she ASKED where we were meeting them, she offered. We obliged, big deal.

If you were starting to cruise on a new line, and new very little, wouldn't you like to know a bit more?

Incidentally, on this sailing there were more people than in just the suites allowed into Michael's club and not a Zenith onboard (Arno got off the cruise before) as there were some "VIPs" on the sailing who happened to also be at our MDR table. On one night, everyone who was given access was in the lounge at once, plus all the officers, entertainment, and servers. It was fine, and there was plenty of room. I am not sure how it would all fit on an S-Class ship as my experience is with M-Class 5 weeks of cruises on a couple of different ships.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Seriously it is not any special treat to be in this club, and you can wear a bikini if you have the right suite card. Why does everyone think this is some special club ? No free cold water lobster or Alsaska Crab legs here folks, just a old bar that is now special for some reason.

Seriously it is not any special treat to be in this club, and you can wear a bikini if you have the right suite card. Why does everyone think this is some special club ? No free cold water lobster or Alsaska Crab legs here folks, just a old bar that is now special for some reason.

Maybe in your experience it was not a special treat to be in Michael's. Or have you actually experienced it?

My experience was that the service made it special. Bogdan (the concierge) went above and beyond to take care of anything I wanted. The servers were also happy to accommodate any requests. Nope, no cold water lobster. I hadn't expected cold water lobster. The hors d'oeuvres they offered were quite nice.