Breeze American Table Menus

moran4carnival

I don't cruise that often, in fact, haven't been on a cruise in years. I came to this site to read updates, learn about new things and to get a good comprehension of what to expect since so many things have changed.

After reading this thread, I have to say while I respect everyone's opinion, there are pro's and con's to having a menu switch. While "routine" is nice, and while going on the same vacation, same place, eating the exact same thing time and time again is appealing to some, that believe it or not is the norm of society.

While this isn't to disrespect, make fun of or call out those who are not willing to change, it really comes down to one word when reading all the comments..."Really?" This is about making a change in which they most likely heard from their customers of what they would like to see. It’s about marketing to a different types of people vs the same old same old. – While yes, they want your business, the risk they also take is that you may not like it and choose to sail with someone else. They accept that. Its business.

Retail establishments across America change the layout of their stores on a regular basis. I don't shop at Vicoria's Secret that often, but when I do, it seems like they re-model or re-locate in a shopping mall every few months! Dang it, just when I got comfortable going there! Oh, but wait, its not about me. It’s a way to get their regular customers to try something different, and it’s a way to attract new customers, or customers who may have seen it once and thought it was so-so. A way to get them back and try it again.

We no doubt spend a lot of money on a cruise. For some it may be the only vacation you take, it may be the fruits of hard work of responsible saving. For others, this may just be another cruise in your cap and you’re already booked on one, two, three or more in the coming months. You expect everything to be perfect, and while I fully agree that would be nice, belief in those fairy tales can lead to serious disappointment and unhappiness. Be careful not to set your expectations so high, because when you do the fall is that much greater.

While my opinion that the American Menu looks attractive I have nothing to compare it to so quite frankly I don’t care. Last time I checked there are many food options on board to satisfy almost everyone’s taste. Imagine throwing a party for 4,000 of your friends & family (if you even have that many) and expect to satisfy everyone. You can’t. It’s impossible.

You don’t have to embrace the change, heck I don’t even care if pout, stomp your feet, whine, cry and be a complete Debbie downer on the cruise because you can’t get what you want – that’s your right. I just ask if you do that while I’m standing in line at Guys, or some other food line that you let me go in front of you because I’ll be hungry. I'll also be very happy that I have an opportunity in life to enjoy the moment because life is precious, and when your time comes, to suffer loss, tragedy, sickness & whatever else that sets you back, ask yourself whether or not what menu you are given is really THAT important.

I don't cruise that often, in fact, haven't been on a cruise in years. I came to this site to read updates, learn about new things and to get a good comprehension of what to expect since so many things have changed.

After reading this thread, I have to say while I respect everyone's opinion, there are pro's and con's to having a menu switch. While "routine" is nice, and while going on the same vacation, same place, eating the exact same thing time and time again is appealing to some, that believe it or not is the norm of society.

While this isn't to disrespect, make fun of or call out those who are not willing to change, it really comes down to one word when reading all the comments..."Really?" This is about making a change in which they most likely heard from their customers of what they would like to see. It’s about marketing to a different types of people vs the same old same old. – While yes, they want your business, the risk they also take is that you may not like it and choose to sail with someone else. They accept that. Its business.

Retail establishments across America change the layout of their stores on a regular basis. I don't shop at Vicoria's Secret that often, but when I do, it seems like they re-model or re-locate in a shopping mall every few months! Dang it, just when I got comfortable going there! Oh, but wait, its not about me. It’s a way to get their regular customers to try something different, and it’s a way to attract new customers, or customers who may have seen it once and thought it was so-so. A way to get them back and try it again.

We no doubt spend a lot of money on a cruise. For some it may be the only vacation you take, it may be the fruits of hard work of responsible saving. For others, this may just be another cruise in your cap and you’re already booked on one, two, three or more in the coming months. You expect everything to be perfect, and while I fully agree that would be nice, belief in those fairy tales can lead to serious disappointment and unhappiness. Be careful not to set your expectations so high, because when you do the fall is that much greater.

While my opinion that the American Menu looks attractive I have nothing to compare it to so quite frankly I don’t care. Last time I checked there are many food options on board to satisfy almost everyone’s taste. Imagine throwing a party for 4,000 of your friends & family (if you even have that many) and expect to satisfy everyone. You can’t. It’s impossible.

You don’t have to embrace the change, heck I don’t even care if pout, stomp your feet, whine, cry and be a complete Debbie downer on the cruise because you can’t get what you want – that’s your right. I just ask if you do that while I’m standing in line at Guys, or some other food line that you let me go in front of you because I’ll be hungry. I'll also be very happy that I have an opportunity in life to enjoy the moment because life is precious, and when your time comes, to suffer loss, tragedy, sickness & whatever else that sets you back, ask yourself whether or not what menu you are given is really THAT important.

it really comes down to one word when reading all your comments..."Really?"

Personally, I liked the new menu. There were several of the old "faves" but the new choices were bright and tasty and I liked them better. Change is good and the old style meals were getting dated. Even land based restaurants routinely change their menus to keep abreast of current trends.

We have been on 7 Carnival cruises in the past few years and have never had an issue with the food until now. We just got off the Sensation today and we were very disappointed in many things. One of which was the food. We met a couple at dinner and they said their travel agent warned them that you get what you paid for and that was so true on this cruise. We will be on the Breeze in May so I am looking forward to see what else Carnival has to offer. After our cruise in May we are planning to jump ship.

I was on the Imagination this December and our menu was the same as the one Zydeco posted for his 4 day cruise. We thought most of the food was pretty good. We didn't have any dishes that were offered Family Style. Actually, I tried to get the calamari served Family Style, and they brought it all in individual dishes.

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Forums mobile app

We sailed on Liberty in September and loved the American table menus. Not once did we have anything to share and I don't even remember it being mentioned on the menu. The menus that I had seen previously by Zydecocruiser were not the same as the food we had. There were cold soups and more salads and no for the table to share items.

I liked having ribs on a night other than Elegant night. I loved having Beef Wellington and a really good Veal Parm. I would much rather have the American table menu than the old one. I do feel that Carnival has listened to the complaints and has done a great job in adding things that were from the old menu that some felt were missing.

Why not try it first before complaining about how awful it is?

For all of those saying to just try it well that is all well and good but no one has come back who has raved about these changes and posted any menus for the 7/8 day itineraries. Also, the port of call section will always be different so for those of us who don't like change it's very disconcerting to go in blind and not know if there is anything that will be appealing.

For all of those saying to just try it well that is all well and good but no one has come back who has raved about these changes and posted any menus for the 7/8 day itineraries. Also, the port of call section will always be different so for those of us who don't like change it's very disconcerting to go in blind and not know if there is anything that will be appealing.

I am sure there will be many who will post once they implement (and I will post on there as well after our cruise on the Breeze on 4/05) on the Breeze. The port of call thing is the way it was on "all" Carnival cruises some time ago. It's a change, no doubt...... but try it ( could not help but say it again ):o;) You can always view the menu in advance (once on the cruise). I am pretty sure the every day menu is still in effect as well.

It might make you feel better to know that the "Port of Call" menu is just one app and one entrée out of many choices. I saw a lot of familiar items on the menu last month.

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Forums mobile app

Just wondering. When you took your very first cruise, did you know what all the menus were already, or did you go in "blind" and discovered what you liked and didn't like?

......so for those of us who don't like change .......

Here lies the problem. People refuse to accept change.

I have a bf who has a fit when his brand of deodorant decides to change the outer packaging....not the product itself. Or the pink tissues he bought from Klenex for the 29 years has been discontinued.

Heck, I really didn't like the "change" that happened on January 20, 2009. But this is life. You gotta learn to go with the flow and make the best of it.

Edited by gone_cruisin

Just wondering. When you took your very first cruise, did you know what all the menus were already, or did you go in "blind" and discovered what you liked and didn't like?

Nope, spent months reading CC, Zydecocruisers site and looking at pictures. I pretty much knew what I would order every night before I ever got on the ship.

For those who can't possibly find anything good to eat on a cruise that has the new American Table menus,:rolleyes: then maybe it's time try a different type of vacation or a pay a bit more and try a different cruise line to see if they have "better food". Personally, I have never had a problem finding something decent to eat on a cruise ship and would take "cruise food" over "all-inclusive resort food" any day. :D

Edited by sooser28
grammar

I am sure there will be many who will post once they implement (and I will post on there as well after our cruise on the Breeze on 4/05) on the Breeze. The port of call thing is the way it was on "all" Carnival cruises some time ago. It's a change, no doubt...... but try it ( could not help but say it again ):o;) You can always view the menu in advance (once on the cruise). I am pretty sure the every day menu is still in effect as well.

That's my biggest complaint...we can't view it in advance right now. I have made alternative dining reservations based on the old menus. And yes before my first cruise I also researched and knew what was what. This time it's going to be tough to do.

For those who can't possibly find anything good to eat on a cruise that has the new American Table menus,:rolleyes: then maybe it's time try a different type of vacation or a pay a bit more and try a different cruise line to see if they have "better food". Personally, I have never had a problem finding something decent to eat on a cruise ship and would take "cruise food" over "all-inclusive resort food" any day. :D

You should try a different all-inclusive or pay a bit more for one. :D

Actually every time we go to an all inclusive we pay for the "VIP", Platinum, Royal, "Premium" you name it...we usually do not spend less than $2000 pp, never do a "last minute special" and never stay less than in a five star ..our last resort experience being "The Royal Suites" at the Grand Palladium in Mexico, which was very good BUT I still come to the conclusion "cruise food" is just as good as, If not better then "all inclusive resort" food. We have stayed in Mexico, Jamaica, Domenican Republic, Great Exuma and Aruba. The different cruise lines we have been on cost much less and I still maintain, the food is pretty decent considering they are cooking for soooooo many people. I honestly do not know what people expect...you see cruise advertisements..."cruise for $50 pp per day" or even less sometimes, WTH are you expecting that you are going to be served that is so "gourmet" for that price? I also do not see anyone leaving the ships soooo emanciated :rolleyes: because they were starving all week, In fact, I would say, it's quite the opposite.