martini bar "entertainment" and upgrade charge for premium

tbmrt

One of the highlights of our Equinox cruise last December (and most of our cruises) is hanging out at the iced martini bar, watching the wonderful servers due their antics....13 martinis poured at one time in a martini flight, catching ice cubes behind their backs, being amazingly friendly with cruisers, etc.

They truly are the best bartenders onboard and besides the entertainment aspect, make the very best martinis and other drinks.

We ordered martinis at other bars last December, but they couldn't compare to those made at the martini bar.

We want to use our OBC for the upgrade charge and will wait til we board to do so. With so many other things offered in Premium upgrade, it's a bargain!

They truly are the best bartenders onboard and besides the entertainment aspect, make the very best martinis and other drinks.

We ordered martinis at other bars last December, but they couldn't compare to those made at the martini bar.

Agree, we spent a lot of time at the Martini Bar, the bartenders were very entertaining. It was the only bar on the ship we could get a White Cosmo.

One of the highlights of our Equinox cruise last December (and most of our cruises) is hanging out at the iced martini bar, watching the wonderful servers due their antics....13 martinis poured at one time in a martini flight, catching ice cubes behind their backs, being amazingly friendly with cruisers, etc.

We want to use our OBC for the upgrade charge and will wait til we board to do so. With so many other things offered in Premium upgrade, it's a bargain!

I agree with you completely. They are entertaining and know how to make an excellent martini, especially my gin martinis.

Hal

On Infinity don't even think of ordering a Martini anywhere but the Martini Bar. Ordered at the Constellation Lounge. Watched them measure everything and received an inferior drink.

The 1st year the Reflection sailed we watched a couple with the premium package order the Martini flight, after making sure it was included in the package, and then leave, never even left a tip.

My wife and our new friends drank maybe 2 of them.

Pretty sad.

Agree, we spent a lot of time at the Martini Bar, the bartenders were very entertaining. It was the only bar on the ship we could get a White Cosmo.

Since we did not get the pleasure of trying one with ya'll last Nov there, we must make it a point to do so this year!:D

Is it Thanksgiving yet!!

The 1st year the Reflection sailed we watched a couple with the premium package order the Martini flight, after making sure it was included in the package, and then leave, never even left a tip.

Pretty sad.

Aren't the tips included in the package price?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am just off the Connie. Upgraded to Premium for the first time using OBC I didn't need because Gratuities were included. Three of us had the Premium so ordered 3 flights (18 martinis) for the 8 of us. Each of the three charged $5.75. The flights are $18, so we paidImageUploadedByForums1422689169.860260.jpg.1289cbc0994633a4429c36079b5fc21c.jpg the $5 up charge from the $13 limit plus additional tip.

We also gave a cash tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Pretty sad.

Aren't the tips included in the package price?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tips are included with the drink package. But with that said...if we got a flight I would leave extra. We tipped the martini guys extra on the last night. We were at martini bar a 4pm every day...love it. Our cruise leaves in two weeks (from today) and we already upgraded to premium...seriously best bargain going...love not having to sign anything

I am just off the Connie. Upgraded to Premium for the first time using OBC I didn't need because Gratuities were included. Three of us had the Premium so ordered 3 flights (18 martinis) for the 8 of us. Each of the three charged $5.75. The flights are $18, so we paid[ATTACH]338625[/ATTACH] the $5 up charge from the $13 limit plus additional tip.

We also gave a cash tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We are so going to do the flight on our 1st March cruise with our friends... 🍸😋

I will more than likely be upgrading to the premium pkg once on board... however my DH may not ...as he is usually just a beer drinker. My question is If I order a flight ...do I choose my flavors or are they already chosen for you? And my understanding is a flight consists of 5? Not sure I can do this alone :D Would I be able to allow him to help me...which I doubt he would take more than a sip because he hates the alcohol ..thank you for your help ..

Cheers! ;)

I will more than likely be upgrading to the premium pkg once on board... however my DH may not ...as he is usually just a beer drinker. My question is If I order a flight ...do I choose my flavors or are they already chosen for you? And my understanding is a flight consists of 5? Not sure I can do this alone :D Would I be able to allow him to help me...which I doubt he would take more than a sip because he hates the alcohol ..thank you for your help ..

Cheers! ;)

The martini flight is 6 x small glasses... I would say it's the equivalent to around 2 - 2&1/2 full ones! As for the flavours it is on the menu as a set 6 flavours but I have heard of people asking to change certain ones... I guess this could depend on the bar staff you get served by!

I'm sure they wouldn't mind him taking the odd sip! Especially if he's got a beer in hand also! 🍸😋

Edited by MR_T

Cheers! ;)

Also if your planning on having 1 martini/molecular bar drink each day you've got your money's worth! Number 2, 3, 4 & 5 are a bonus!! 😜

Cheers! ;)

There are many that order a Flight and end up giving or sharing with others as it is basically meant to be a sampler plus entertainment as they do the pour. They are also in the smaller glass. It is the same as ordering a sampler of beer in a micro brew. I don't think they will object especially if you grease their palm :rolleyes:

I think the sampler is a set menu. No harm in asking if one can be substituted but I doubt you will have your pick for all of them.

In both cases you need to choose the BT that has the best attitude and feel out how they are treating the rest of the bar. I have always noticed that some are very friendly and accommodating and some are not.

drink up 🍸🍸🍸

1 martini a day will keep the doctor away....or not.... but either way, knowing my love of martinis, I will definitely be upgrading my package.

This way, I simply don't need to think about if what I want is included, I can just enjoy it all :)

Is the "entertainment" only with the flights? Has anyone tried the desert martinis,such as the banana split? On Carnival I love the tiramisu martini and hope to find something even more delicious on Celebrity Summit in May.

Laura

Is the "entertainment" only with the flights? Has anyone tried the desert martinis,such as the banana split? On Carnival I love the tiramisu martini and hope to find something even more delicious on Celebrity Summit in May.

Laura

When they do the flight they pour all at the same time. Occassionally they will advertise a Martini Demonstration where they do about 10 to 15 and then pass them out as samples.

As for "entertainment" depending on the BT they may add some flair when pouring, shaking and etc. when making them and if their is a couple ordering they may pour both at once.

You can see multiple videos on UTube of BTs doing multiple pours.

Drink up 🍸🍸🍸