Hope it isn't true...Allure of the Seas Feb 1, 2015

Hope it isn't so... Just received this from RC....:mad:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Sunday, February 1, sailing onboard Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. During the ship's last sailing, some guests experienced gastrointestinal illness. Once the ship arrives, we will conduct enhanced sanitizing onboard the ship and in the terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting your cruise. Because of this, your check-in and boarding will be delayed. We ask that you closely adhere to your assigned deck arrival times. Guests on decks 14, 10, & 3 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M. Guests on decks 9 & 7 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M. Guests on deck 12 & 11 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M. Guests on decks 8, & 6 should arrive for check-in at 2:45 P.M. We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, and Diamond Plus guests to arrive anytime between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

pretty sure they arent fibbing :D

Although it sucks that your boarding is delayed, be thankful they are trying to prevent you from hogging the royal throne your entire cruise.

I would also do your own prevention measures such as taking some Airborne or extra vitamin C, taking some Clorox wipes and wiping down every touchable thing in your room. AND using EXTRA hand sanitizer, like applying it after you get your food from the windjammer and before you take your first bite!

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Sunday, February 1, sailing onboard Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. During the ship's last sailing, some guests experienced gastrointestinal illness. Once the ship arrives, we will conduct enhanced sanitizing onboard the ship and in the terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting your cruise. Because of this, your check-in and boarding will be delayed. We ask that you closely adhere to your assigned deck arrival times. Guests on decks 14, 10, & 3 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M. Guests on decks 9 & 7 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M. Guests on deck 12 & 11 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M. Guests on decks 8, & 6 should arrive for check-in at 2:45 P.M. We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, and Diamond Plus guests to arrive anytime between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Of course it's true. Why wouldn't it be? :rolleyes:

Good to see they are acting swiftly and thoroughly. I'd much rather have a minor delay and be confident that the issue is being dealt with, than rush to get on board and pick up something nasty because it hasn't been sanitised properly.

I would also do your own prevention measures such as taking some Airborne or extra vitamin C, taking some Clorox wipes and wiping down every touchable thing in your room. AND using EXTRA hand sanitizer, like applying it after you get your food from the windjammer and before you take your first bite!

Great advice !

I wonder how many people need to get sick on Allure or Oasis before they'll issue a message like that and do a deep clean? Is it a % of total passengers?

Seems like the noro tends to strike smaller ships...is that because fewer passengers means a higher ratio of sick people?

Just curious!

We are sailing on the Grandeur on Feb. 3 and some friends of our who are on the ship now, say that there have been some illnesses on board. People are being served in Windjammer and elsewhere to try to keep it under control. I was told that the CD was also sick.

I have not received any emails from Royal yet, as to the fate of the Grandeur. I don't know how bad the illness has to be, to be considered for a deep cleaning. Yesterday, I was told that about 40 people were ill. Hopefully it won't get any worse.

Gwen :)

Hi,

We speak once again.

Sorry to hear about the news but on our cruise we had the similar news. They handed everyone this letter as we walk into terminal 18 so it has happened before on the Allure. We didn't receive any pre cruise email and only found out about it when we got there but I guess they didn’t do any deep cleaning as we boarded the ship at 11:30.

I know it sucks as it’s on your special birthday and you want to be on the ship early to celebrate but it’s not a long delay and has no impact on you guys arriving on time for the first port.

Maybe you can take advantage of the situation by going to a local store by your hotel to buy a bottle of wine or something to drink for your birthday. FLL liquor stores don’t open until 12 noon on Sundays so we couldn’t get any wine prior to sailing as we wanted to board early but now you have the extra time, you can go get wine at 12 noon prior to boarding.

Don’t let a small delay like this ruin your special day. Have a great cruise.

15558140343_d1b55c8cb7_b.jpg

Harry, it is a bummer because I would love to board early but at least I know hopefully the ship will be clean and free of germs. We have cruised before with Novo but have never received a letter in advance. I have already started my celebrations last week and will continue for the next week as we are cruising with friends. We are flying out in the morning and definitely going to hit the liquor store in Ft Lauderdale 😃 Can't wait to get out of this cold️ Gail

When we were on the Indy, there was a noro outbreak. I washed my hands like a crazy woman, 20 times a day!

And guess what? On day 4 of the cruise the capt announced that there were no new cases and it was under control.

So they're great at containing it...try not to worry and enjoy your cruise!

We are sailing on the Grandeur on Feb. 3 and some friends of our who are on the ship now, say that there have been some illnesses on board. People are being served in Windjammer and elsewhere to try to keep it under control. I was told that the CD was also sick.

I have not received any emails from Royal yet, as to the fate of the Grandeur. I don't know how bad the illness has to be, to be considered for a deep cleaning. Yesterday, I was told that about 40 people were ill. Hopefully it won't get any worse.

Gwen :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159528