I know this has probably been asked before..but...

luv2cruz62

Depending on the cruise line they may offer you incentives to book. Things like OBC, drink packages and free gratuities may be offered. Of course if it is a popular cruise then you will be one of the first in line.

sent from Bolthead's Samsung 3

1) You can reserve your cabin right away. If it is a popular cruise, that's an advantage.

2) You don't get any kind of price break on the fare but your deposit is only $100 per person and you'll get some on-board credit depending on the length of the cruise and your cabin category. Essentially this is purchasing a future cruise credit and immediately applying it to your booking.

3) You can transfer your booking to your favorite discount TA when you get home and get a better price.

4) The Future Cruise Sales person is happy.

Depending on the length of the cruise you book the OBC can be quite nice. We didn't book onboard but did buy FCC (which is essentially what you are doing if you book onboard) and we will get $250 OBC from the FCC when we cruise the Panama Canal later this year. $250 for free is nothing to sneeze at.

Mentioned a few times... what is FCC?

sent from Bolthead's Samsung 3

Future Cruise Credit for $100pp.

Use it for the deposit on a cruise and fully refundable for 2 years.

Depending on length of the cruise and cabin cat you get some OBC as well.

Always have at least 3 or 4 each on our account at any given time.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

To summarize:

Purchasing a cruise on board or just buying an FCC (only can purchase for those who are on the ship) gets the same future benefits, lower deposit and some OBC when you take that next cruise.

Same pricing and amenities for a cruise booked while on the ship as if you have booked it on land that day.

Main advantage is getting the pricing available that day and the cabin category you want.

As mentioned, you can purchase FCC's and get some onboard credit. Princess now gives you the opportunity to purchase an FCC after your cruise. I received an email after my November cruise. I purchased one for 100.00 which would be the deposit toward my next cruise. I also received 30.00 OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only one time did we book on board the ship when they offered double FCC. Most of the time there's no real incentive to book on board unless you're looking for a special cabin. We like to take our time & shop around for prices at home from our own TA who usually offers additional cabin credit over that of Princess.

We like to take our time & shop around for prices at home from our own TA who usually offers additional cabin credit over that of Princess.

You can still book on board and then xfer the booking to your TA and get all the amenities your TA offers. (assuming this is not after final payment time)

Or you can book on board and have the booking immediately assigned to your TA by Princess.

Edited by caribill

On our last cruise our Future Cruise Consultant -(FCC) (Kyler) was awesome. We asked about booking on board if he had any specials, and they had a 333 special, it was $3 deposit (WOW!) and 33% off select cruises. It was only good if you booked on board. You also got a $25 OBC pp with it too. So we booked a 4-day S6 suite on the Crown coming up (ONE WEEK!!!!). We were able to transfer it to our TA when we got home and she got us another $100 off of it with her discount.

So yes, it pays to book on board and actually talk to the FCC and not just fill out the paper and buy your FCC (two different things for the same abbreviation... ha!)

And it was funny, our TA had applied our FCC to it when we transferred it to her, and we would have gotten another $25 OBC pp, but we had her remove it because we didnt want to use up a FCC incase we needed to book anything else.

hi,on the emerald last year the consultant said it would be added to any other obc promotions.i looked at my princess last week and it said it is not combinable with any promotions,which is right here,cheers brian.

Thanks for the info. So I am getting from this thread, that the main benefit is an OBC. Will have to look into it in May when we head to Europe. Next on the list will be the Panama Canal!:p

And don't forget, the cost of buying that FCC ($100) is applied as your deposit to your next cruise.