So, am I going to get "cut offed" ?

IndyDenise

Re jumping to conclusions.. :rolleyes:

You actually stated in your original post about having 15 drinks a day & going past the bars.. I also took it to mean you were drinking alcohol in the 15 drinks & I'm sure many others thought so to! :eek:

I apologize for my crappy remarks. As far as going past the bars I honestly do not know where I could get a coke otherwise ... Every time I wanted anything to drink sans meals I headed for a bar.

Normally I would bring on soda, and buy an occasional one onboard. Since the drink card is free I'm not doing that. ( I also normally would not pay for fancy coffee either, but make great use out of the Neptune Lounge. )

Again my apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sodas, water, and non-alcoholic drinks do not count towards the 15 drink max with the Cheers program on Carnival. You can reach your 15 drink maximum and still buy drinks/buy drinks for friends etc. (assuming you are not falling down drunk at the time).

On a cruise just over a year ago, we did have a couple who were drinking well over their 15 drinks a day and they did use their room key card for the overage. We had another couple on that same cruise, that were trying to drink the 15 a day but got cut off for being extremely drunk. I think that was the first time I had ever seen Hal cut someone off. Sadly that was not the only time they got cut off during the cruise. I'm not quite sure these cards are a benefit to some cruisers.

At 15 drinks a day - be it hard stuff, beer, wine, soda or specialty water - how many trips to the restroom does that require per day? Just thinking, answer not expected.

I go a lot but I think it has to do with age and not liquid consumption :)

My body seems to be headed south.

Just off the Westerdam and one of the other passengers was asking the barista this very question. The barista indicated that they do hold passengers to the 15 day a drink limit (the passenger was confused about the mention of $50 value), and the intention was to limit overindulgence. With that said, I'd say a good half of our beverages were non-alcoholic and likely, most people are in a similar situation.

My guess is that if any passenger looked to be extremely drunk, they would limit their consumption regardless of 15 drinks or no 15 drinks.

I apologize for my crappy remarks. As far as going past the bars I honestly do not know where I could get a coke otherwise ... Every time I wanted anything to drink sans meals I headed for a bar.

Normally I would bring on soda, and buy an occasional one onboard. Since the drink card is free I'm not doing that. ( I also normally would not pay for fancy coffee either, but make great use out of the Neptune Lounge. )

Again my apologies.

I admit, at first I too assumed you meant liquor when you said "going past the bars". But then upon thinking about it more, I remembered that we've always picked up our soft drinks in the bars too. Not sure where else to get them. ;)

Is it true that all adults (sisters) in the cabin have to purchase the Beverage package of the 15 drinks per day if one wants it? There is 3 of us and we have never been on HAL but going to Alaska in May.

Yes, assuming all are of (shipboard) legal drinking age.

Just off the Westerdam and one of the other passengers was asking the barista this very question. The barista indicated that they do hold passengers to the 15 day a drink limit (the passenger was confused about the mention of $50 value), and the intention was to limit overindulgence. With that said, I'd say a good half of our beverages were non-alcoholic and likely, most people are in a similar situation.

My guess is that if any passenger looked to be extremely drunk, they would limit their consumption regardless of 15 drinks or no 15 drinks.

I'm tipsy at two beers, drunk at 5 , and asleep at 7.. I couldn't even stay awake to drink 15 ( except in college)

I've never seen people drinking heavily until this recent cruise.

Must be because of the beverage cards.

In the Piano Bar, between 10:30 p.m. and 12:15 a.m., I saw several people consume five or more drinks. One after another.

WAIT! I haven't cruised yet! :confused:

:D:D:D