On hold like a Norwegian

Heather1972

I spent 45 minutes on hold before I thought to call PCC. I called from my wife's phone, leaving mine still on hold, and got right through. 10 minutes later I had saved $500.00, and retained UDP, UBP, and OBC. I hope that all of you on hold will get a deal that will make you forget the day's frustrations!

Loved reading this thread. I looked up the price myself on my TA website and NCL website. With the Canadian $ tanking I was extremely happy to find that my TA exchange rate was significantly more in my favour than the bank was charging. I priced the cruise 4 days ago and saved over $1000 by waiting until today. The best part was that I called the TA who was stuck on the phone with NCL for 1.5 hours trying to add our cruise reward. She even stayed half an hour late at work to make sure the cruise was booked for us since she is not in tomorrow or Monday:D

Thanks for this.

Fingers crossed that the booking agent was right when she told me that I could change the name at no cost or cancel the 4th person outright, as long as I made the decision before the PIF date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did the same thing today ;) I asked my PCC and she said the exact same thing as you were told. ( Just let her know and she will take care of it )

I give up. I've been on hold over 5 hours today. The being cut off twice in the past hour was the last straw.

Just pull up the last email you have from NCL, there should be a PCC number and direct extension listed there, call and leave them a message with your number. With the sale extended until tommorrow you should be fine and no more waiting on hold.

Edited by shapatack0

You have got to kidding me! I FINALLY got through to my PCC and he directs me to the cruise reward # because I used a future cruise credit to book and he's afraid if he tries to change it he'll botch it all up. Now I'm back on hold and back to square one (because I had to hang up and dial again)!!

I'm starting to feel like I could swim to Hawaii before they answer the darn phone. :eek:

That's ... odd. I used a FCC to book, too, and the PCC I spoke to changed it, no problem. Of course, mine ended up being a cancel/rebook, so maybe that's somehow easier?

Hope they come through for you.

SUCCESS!!!!! After 3 hours I FINALLY got through and got to talk to a REAL LIVE PERSON!! I saved $540 and got to keep my Freestyle Choice OBC. Hurray!!!!! :D

Perseverance!!! I'm going to go treat myself to a Chocolatini now. I deserve it.

I was on hold for a little over 2hrs. About a hour and a half into it we called from a 2nd phone, was sure if I was just stuck in the loop somewhere. After the 2hr make I found an old PCC number from 4yrs ago (have used one since) and of course it wasn't the same person but he made the changes for me in 2mins and we were done. We already had the 3 promos because we are in a suite on the Getaway, he just had to add KSF.

I cooked dinner and ate dinner with both phones on speaker!

I was on hold for a little over 2hrs. About a hour and a half into it we called from a 2nd phone, was sure if I was just stuck in the loop somewhere. After the 2hr make I found an old PCC number from 4yrs ago (have used one since) and of course it wasn't the same person but he made the changes for me in 2mins and we were done. We already had the 3 promos because we are in a suite on the Getaway, he just had to add KSF.

I cooked dinner and ate dinner with both phones on speaker!

That's commitment! Congrats. :-)

You have got to kidding me! I FINALLY got through to my PCC and he directs me to the cruise reward # because I used a future cruise credit to book and he's afraid if he tries to change it he'll botch it all up. Now I'm back on hold and back to square one (because I had to hang up and dial again)!!

I'm starting to feel like I could swim to Hawaii before they answer the darn phone. :eek:

I think NCL needs to train their staff better. You can't tell me they didn't see this coming with people wanting to update the pricing on previously booked cruises. I tried my PCC earlier, but I'm sorry having a barking dog in the background of his outgoing message is not professional. Never booked with him and never will.

I was helped by a PCC recommended by someone on the NCL FB page. She was great, and adjusted my booking within 10 minutes :)

I wound up calling the same PCC who helped me in record time and with a smile. I'm making note of her contact info for future reference. My booking is scary looking with the AARP discount, free beverage package and a meta upgrade, but she took it all in stride. :D

Wow! After reading this thread I guess I was lucky today. I only waited about an hour and never got disconnected. I do know there were problems with the TA website today and the guy I finally spoke to at NCL said he was having computer issues too. When I first tried calling I got a strange message that I had reached a non working NCL phone number. I called back a couple of times and got through. After I had been on hold about a half hour on my land line I decided to call from my cell phone too. I just put both phones on speaker and went about my business doing other things. Finally got my email cleaned up. LOL. Anyway, it was worth the wait. I got my price drop, UBP, UDP and had AARP discount applied.