NCL Stock Plunging Today

Da-Painter

Yikes! I would have thought the promotion was a boon! Looks like most Feb sailings are booked up! I bought at $30, so I'm ok....maybe buy more, but I liked Sheehan, and wonder about that change..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Pretty much the whole market has been in a funk since the middle of December. No "Santa Clause" rally, no "January Effect". Lots of volatility being caused by the end of the Fed's quantitative easing, among other things.

In other words, nothing to panic about.

Yikes! I would have thought the promotion was a boon! Looks like most Feb sailings are booked up! I bought at $30, so I'm ok....maybe buy more, but I liked Sheehan, and wonder about that change..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sure they are booked, .... at a big discount. Meaning, profits will take a hit.

Guess Wall Street is not impressed with NCL's promotions & practices over the weekend, the stock is down sharply today, and down over 3 1/2 points since last week, at prices not seen since last November. Oops.:eek:

OMG, it went down a little bit, it did not plunge and those who purchased stock a year or so ago, they have to be very happy with the price right now. Did everyone think it would continue to go up daily? It is the stock market for heavens sake. The past month or so has been a very strange period for the market, I do not pay much attention to what is happening unless I think I will need to sell some stock; then it might hurt. Heck, I bought Tripadvisor last year, only a few shares thank God, now there I have gotten killed.

I am very happy with my NCL stock. I don't expect to get rich, but it is a fun one to have and I will take my OBC or my dinner and wine at Cagney's as a perk for having shares.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I am very happy with my NCL stock. I don't expect to get rich, but it is a fun one to have and I will take my OBC or my dinner and wine at Cagney's as a perk for having shares.

How many shares for stockholder benefit? ANd what are the benefits offered?

When it says it is does not combine with other offers, does that mean you couldn't use with things like the KSF, or the Freestyle Choice? Also, has anyone used with CAS bookings? I am contemplating purchasing for the OBC, but want to make sure it would work with my typical bookings. Thanks!

There are so many exceptions due to "combining" with other credits that I got it only twice out of 8 cruises. The OBC does not seem to be a good reason to buy the stock.

Because our January 17th Getaway cruise included the Ultimate Beverage Package promo I was given a dinner for two at Cagney's and a bottle of wine in lieu of $100 On Board Credit. Dinner was excellent and the wine was good.

Notice the Shareholder Offer has been sweetened to include $250 OBC for cruises 14 days or longer. Wonder if that will translate to two dinners for two with bottle of wine at Cagney's on cruises that were booked with other offers.