Your Australia Editor Needs You!

- when are you cruising next? 5th March

- which ship? Voyager of the Seas

- where to? and why there? Noumea & Fiji. It was a good price for an 11 day solo

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? Any tips for first time cruisers

I will be on her soon and will try and give some tips specific to the VOTS for you.:D

- where to? and why there? Noumea & Fiji. It was a good price for an 11 day solo

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? Any tips for first time cruisers

Have you checked out the first time cruisers section here on CC?

- when are you cruising next? September 2015

- which ship? Diamond Princess

- where to? and why there? New Zealand - for hubby's 60th birthday

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? No, neither the ship nor the destination is new to us :-)

- when are you cruising next? December 2015

- where to? and why there? Auckland back to Sydney - just a short cruise by myself while hubby is otherwise occupied

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? No again :-)

- when are you cruising next? July 2016

- which ship? Pacific Aria

- where to? and why there? Queensland - this is for MIL's 80th birthday and had to be limited to sailings out of Brisbane.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? Some relatives who haven't booked yet are really keen to find out the bed setup for quad cabins. Ryndam seems to have some that are two singles, one bunk and one sofa but I've also seen other indications that they'll all be the more usual two singles and two bunks.

- when are you cruising next? September 2015

- where to? and why there? New Zealand - for hubby's 60th birthday

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? No, neither the ship nor the destination is new to us :-)

- when are you cruising next? December 2015

- where to? and why there? Auckland back to Sydney - just a short cruise by myself while hubby is otherwise occupied

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? No again :-)

- when are you cruising next? July 2016

- which ship? Pacific Aria

- where to? and why there? Queensland - this is for MIL's 80th birthday and had to be limited to sailings out of Brisbane.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? Some relatives who haven't booked yet are really keen to find out the bed setup for quad cabins. Ryndam seems to have some that are two singles, one bunk and one sofa but I've also seen other indications that they'll all be the more usual two singles and two bunks.

Nice, cruises.:D

I will be on the Aria in November but fear you will need an answer prior to that.

I spent one night on Voyager and updated the Cruise Critic review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=105

You can also see Member Reviews by passengers. The first one listed is by a first-timer who cruised in January.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=270366

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

Any specific questions

Not really at this time as I'm actually not sure what to expect from the whole thing, but if you find anything particularly good / interesting or have some other tips you think might be useful, I'd love to hear about it.

I spent one night on Voyager and updated the Cruise Critic review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=105

You can also see Member Reviews by passengers. The first one listed is by a first-timer who cruised in January.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=270366

Thanks, will check both out.

Not really at this time as I'm actually not sure what to expect from the whole thing, but if you find anything particularly good / interesting or have some other tips you think might be useful, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, will check both out.

But take all reviews with a grain of salt, especially those that are excessively positive or negative, I am inclined to read a few of them and then go with the overall "feel" I've read some for cruises that I was on and thought "was that my cruise".

But take all reviews with a grain of salt, especially those that are excessively positive or negative, I am inclined to read a few of them and then go with the overall "feel" I've read some for cruises that I was on and thought "was that my cruise".

Yes, unless you read mine, in which case it is gospel:p

Yes, unless you read mine, in which case it is gospel:p

I think I've only read one of yours [unless it was before I "knew" you and didn't realise it was your review] and it was really middle of the road, it wasn't at either extreme some positive some negative, to me that makes it a lot more believable, some aspects didn't agree with but they were more subjective issues.

I think I've only read one of yours [unless it was before I "knew" you and didn't realise it was your review] and it was really middle of the road, it wasn't at either extreme some positive some negative, to me that makes it a lot more believable, some aspects didn't agree with but they were more subjective issues.

Cheers, I try and call it as I see it but also try to be fair. Having travelled and cruised a fair bit, I think you need to take some things in as just what happens and not to sweat the small stuff.:D

Cheers, I try and call it as I see it but also try to be fair. Having travelled and cruised a fair bit, I think you need to take some things in as just what happens and not to sweat the small stuff.:D

And it's pretty much all small stuff.

Last cruise I spent a few days in bed after a bit of an incident, but I'd have rather been there than at work.

- when are you cruising next? December 5th - 20th 2015

- which ship? Celebrity Infinity

- where to? and why there? Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso (full Panama Canal transit) - It will be over 40 years since my hubby sailed through the Panama Canal and now he can experience it with his wife and daughter.

- when are you cruising next? December 21st 2015 - January 4th 2016

- which ship? Star Princess

- where to? and why there? Valparaiso - Rio De Janeiro - We are doing this trip because we realised we wouldn't be ready to come home after the first cruise as there was so much more to see of South America

- when are you cruising next? January 2017

- which ship? Celebrity Constellation

- where to? and why there? Abu Dhabi to Singapore -paying deposit this weekend.

when are you cruising next? October 2015

which ship? celebrity solstice

where to? and why there? Hawaii to Sydney, we have not been to Hawaii and like the sea days

anything you want to find out about your cruise? We would appreciate recommendations for Waikiki accommodation

when are you cruising next? May - June 2016

which ship? celebrity eclipse

where to? and why there? B2B2B Norwegian fjords, Iceland and Ireland, Scandinavia and Russia we have always wanted to see this part of the world

anything you want to find out about your cruise? researching shore excursions at present

when are you cruising next? July 2016

which ship? APT river ship

where to? and why there? Seine and Rhone rivers - for my 55th birthday

when are you cruising next? October 2015

which ship? celebrity solstice

where to? and why there? Hawaii to Sydney, we have not been to Hawaii and like the sea days

anything you want to find out about your cruise? We would appreciate recommendations for Waikiki accommodation

when are you cruising next? May - June 2016

which ship? celebrity eclipse

where to? and why there? B2B2B Norwegian fjords, Iceland and Ireland, Scandinavia and Russia we have always wanted to see this part of the world

anything you want to find out about your cruise? researching shore excursions at present

when are you cruising next? July 2016

which ship? APT river ship

where to? and why there? Seine and Rhone rivers - for my 55th birthday

Seems there might be a few from Newie on that Hawaii to Syd cruise.

- when are you cruising next? October 2016

- which ship? Carnival Spirit

- where to? and why there? Noumea/Mare/Isle of Pines because a) Haven't been to Noumea since the 80s & more importantly b) We want to check out the Blue Iguana which is part of the refit this coming August. Love those Pacificos & Marguaritas!

Hi cruisers

Just doing a little research to see what kind of cruises you all like... So please let me know:

- when are you cruising next? 24/12/15

- which ship? Explorer of the Seas

- where to? and why there? NZ & Pacific Islands, Because we wanted a Christmas cruise & wanted to try Explorer

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D)

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Cheers :)

when are you cruising next? 12 October 2015

which ship? Diamond Princess because it seems to be similar to Celebrity

where to? South Pacific

and why there? because it included Mare (never been) Mystery Island (want to see again as we didn't snorkel last time) Vila (to explore more)

Edited by chrisandkaryn

• 1 month later...
Hi cruisers

Just doing a little research to see what kind of cruises you all like... So please let me know:

- when are you cruising next? Feb 2015

- which ship? Radiance of the Seas

- where to? and why there? Far north Queensland. To snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D) Could you please let me know if there is to be a cyclone around that time? :-P

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Cheers