Your Australia Editor Needs You!

There is usually a formal night on the Voyager samplers, but sometimes they don't announce it until shortly before the cruise, so you should get an email with the details. Of course, formal night isn't compulsory (you can go eat in the buffet), but we would all love to see a pic of you in a tux!

What a photo opportunity!!!! MicCanberra, with Rosie, dressed in his tux standing on the red carpet with his bottle of bubbly as he checks in at the OPT.:D:D:D

What a photo opportunity!!!! MicCanberra, with Rosie, dressed in his tux standing on the red carpet with his bottle of bubbly as he checks in at the OPT.:D:D:D

With gbenjo in the background I might even pay (not much though) to see that one.

There is usually a formal night on the Voyager samplers, but sometimes they don't announce it until shortly before the cruise, so you should get an email with the details. Of course, formal night isn't compulsory (you can go eat in the buffet), but we would all love to see a pic of you in a tux!

Thank you for the information. Picture attached.

1556667748_QLDphotos-Easter2013032.jpg.ebe50e30d219761b2dd75da01bb57788.jpg

When cruising next - July 8th, 2015

Which ship - HAL Volendam

Where to - Alaska - 7 nights ex Vancouver

Why there - pre-cruise we are hiring a motorhome in Canada for 7 weeks, and I will be celebrating my 60th birthday, so looking forward to being waited on for a week and no washing up to do!!! The day we disembark is actually my birthday and we fly home in the evening, so that calls for champagne methinks.

WHEN: Feb 8

WHICH: Celebrity Solstice

WHERE: New Zealand and Australian South Coast

WHY: Trying a new cruise line

Great deal on both cruise and airfare

Terminates at Fremantle (our home port)

QUESTIONS: Had lots to begin with but all answered (and then some!) via

Cruise Critic forums

Cruising on Pacific Aria

December 7th

10 nights South Pacific Vanuatu Islands

The why is , wanted to try out P&O's new/old Ship and see how they have refurbished it , it is being marketed as a step up from their other ships and I hope this true also wanted to go back to the South Pacific and P&O seem to do most of the islands we love , I love the snorkelling especially from Mystery Island ..

Woodyren, my husband and I are as curious as you about the changes that will be made onboard Quantum of the Seas. We did the Atlantic crossing in November, so should have a good compare/contrast when we board in Shanghai next summer. Can't wait to hear about yours. Hope you'll keep us posted.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Our next is on Rhapsody OTS 8 days in the Pacific 28th Feb but I will tell you about the one after as it is probably more interesting.

when are you cruising next? 13th May 2015

- which ship? Quantum OTS

- where to? Barcelona to Shanghai

- and why there? Ports (particularly Dubai, Aqaba, Cochin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Finishing in Shanghai so we can spend time in China.) The ship (new, on board attractions, Dynamic Dining)

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? ) The changes being made on board as it travels to China. Royal Caribbean have played their cards very close to their chest on these. I am not overly concerned but I expect to be paid the courtesy of being kept in the loop as things that were advertised may be altered. It is inconceivable to think that they do not know what these will be and when they will happen

- when are you cruising next? 18th Feb -2nd March

- which ship? Carnival Spirit

- where to? Pacific Islands - New Caledonia & Fiji

- and why there? CHEAP PRICE, for Guaranteed Balcony (still not assigned as yet...), & haven't been to Fiji stopovers before.

AND this itinery includes, Isle of Pines - (Last Cruise, couldn't stop there, due to weather/swells....)

Hi cruisers

Just doing a little research to see what kind of cruises you all like... So please let me know:

- when are you cruising next? 3-10 March

- which ship? Queen Mary 2

- where to? and why there? 7 nights from Darwin to Brisbane - obviously NOT for the itinerary just for the ship & with lots of sea days we'll have more time to explore this iconic liner!!

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D) There doesn't appear to be any option for Anytime Dining for the plebs - those dining in the Britannia Dining Room - thought I'd just have to wait until boarding to check with MDR staff. ALSO we are still to be allocated a cabin - we've purchased a sheltered balcony - the price wasn't much more than an oceanview when the specials were on!

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

See in red above!

Edited by gaechann

Thank you for the information. Picture attached.

Wow! You do scrub up well Mic! Hope you enjoy the Voyager in a couple of weeks. I recommended her to some friends of mine who embarked yesterday but with all the reviews about MORE passengers and LESS crew to service them I just hope that I've done the right thing. I loved her before her refurbishment which included the additional cabins.

Gae

Wow! You do scrub up well Mic! Hope you enjoy the Voyager in a couple of weeks. I recommended her to some friends of mine who embarked yesterday but with all the reviews about MORE passengers and LESS crew to service them I just hope that I've done the right thing. I loved her before her refurbishment which included the additional cabins.

Gae

Thanks for the kind words, Gae.:D

We also recommended the current cruise to friends. It was not so much for the ship but for the itinerary and the price was just so great. They are first time cruisers and wanted a NZ and island itinerary, so it fitted well.

I hope our little sampler goes well, if so we will return to RCI more often, if not then at least we have tried.:D

Thanks for the kind words, Gae.:D

We also recommended the current cruise to friends. It was not so much for the ship but for the itinerary and the price was just so great. They are first time cruisers and wanted a NZ and island itinerary, so it fitted well.

I hope our little sampler goes well, if so we will return to RCI more often, if not then at least we have tried.:D

Gee Mic no wonder someone loves you so much:D

At least if RCI doesn't suit you , you know there are lines you can go back to, that's why we are now willing to try others.

When- 2nd March,2015

Ship- Pacific Jewel

Where- Port Lincoln, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide, Portland

Why- To get to some ports bigger ships can't get too. See Port Lincoln for first time.

That looks like a great cruise visiting some interesting ports. Enjoy;)

G'day Louise,

We have a few booked.

First is a 2 night cruise departing Melbourne on 22 March 15 on

- Dawn Princess

- Melbourne - Sydney. Get to see family along the way.

The next two cruises start with a trip across Australia on the Indian Pacific. We will be sailing from Fremantle.

- Pacific Jewel

- Fremantle to Singapore via Bali, Eastern Malaysia and Vietnam.

- departs 10 May - arrives 24 May

Whilst the ship undergoes a dry dock, we will tour Singapore and Western Malaysia then rejoin the Jewel.:cool:

- Pacific Jewel

- Singapore to Brisbane via Indonesia (visiting Borobudur, Bali and Komodo) , East Timor and PNG.

- departs 5 June - arrives 21 June

P&O still haven't announced which terminal they will be using in Singapore. Less than 100 days to go.:)

In October it is off to the Islands and try out a new ship for us, the first cruise as Elite.:D

- 18 October 2015

- Golden Princess

- Sydney to Lifou, Noumea, Mystery Island, Vila and Mare, Sydney

- and then a B2B

- 28 October 2015

- Golden Princess

- Sydney to Melbourne.

Bit of a break until February 2016

- 28 February 2016

- Sea Princess

- Sydney to Darwin, Total Eclipse Position in Java Sea, Singapore, Ko Samui, Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Nha Trang, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Busan, South Korea, Maizuru, Kanazawa, Aomori, Tokyo (Yokohama), Guam, Brisbane, Sydney.

We were lucky to witness the 2012 Total Eclipse off Port Douglas, so this cruise gives us another opportunity to see a Total Eclipse. Plus we have both wanted to visit China and Japan. Never been to most of the cities on the itinerary.

;)

17th Feb - Rhapsody OTS - QLD coastal

20th March - Rhapsody OTS - South Pacific Islands (Hi Suzie)

29th March - Rhapsody OTS - South Pacific Islands

6th April - Rhapsody OTS - QLD coastal

30th Oct - Golden Princess - South Pacific Islands

10th Dec - Legend OTS - South Pacific

20th Dec - Legend - South Pacific

19th Jan 2016 - Radiance - South Pacific

31th Jan 2016 - Radiance -South Pacific

14th Feb 2016 - Explorer -South Pacific

24th Feb 2016 - Explorer - NZ

Why, because I'm addicted to cruising and the free drinks on RCI:D:D:D

Now I need next years cruises released.:)

Looking at Radiance, Hawaii April 2016, but the price is ridiculous. :eek:

17th Feb - Rhapsody OTS - QLD coastal

20th March - Rhapsody OTS - South Pacific Islands (Hi Suzie)

29th March - Rhapsody OTS - South Pacific Islands

6th April - Rhapsody OTS - QLD coastal

30th Oct - Golden Princess - South Pacific Islands

10th Dec - Legend OTS - South Pacific

20th Dec - Legend - South Pacific

19th Jan 2016 - Radiance - South Pacific

31th Jan 2016 - Radiance -South Pacific

14th Feb 2016 - Explorer -South Pacific

24th Feb 2016 - Explorer - NZ

Why, because I'm addicted to cruising and the free drinks on RCI:D:D:D

Now I need next years cruises released.:)

Looking at Radiance, Hawaii April 2016, but the price is ridiculous. :eek:

Free drinks due to the loyalty status?:D

When- 2nd April, 2015

Ship- Queen Mary 2

Where- Freo to Capetown

Why- Africa and safaris, as well as try Cunard as an alternative.:D

When- 27th August, 2015, and 5th September, 2015

Ship- Princess Caribbean

Where- Norway, then Norway, Shetland Islands, Iceland and an Atlantic crossing with Canada and NYC

Why- New ports and the fjiords along with Iceland.:D

When- 25th November, 2015

Ship- Pacific Aria

Where- Sydney to Brisbane

Why- Inaugural sailing and having all 5 P&O ships in the harbour.:D

When- 28th December, 2015

Ship- Celebrity Solstice

Where- Pacific Islands

Why- New Years Eve cruise with friends, my favourite ship and line (so far).:D

When- 2nd April, 2015

Ship- Queen Mary 2

Where- Freo to Capetown

Why- Africa and safaris, as well as try Cunard as an alternative.:D

When- 27th August, 2015, and 5th September, 2015

Ship- Princess Caribbean

Where- Norway, then Norway, Shetland Islands, Iceland and an Atlantic crossing with Canada and NYC

Why- New ports and the fjiords along with Iceland.:D

When- 25th November, 2015

Ship- Pacific Aria

Where- Sydney to Brisbane

Why- Inaugural sailing and having all 5 P&O ships in the harbour.:D

When- 28th December, 2015

Ship- Celebrity Solstice

Where- Pacific Islands

Why- New Years Eve cruise with friends, my favourite ship and line (so far).:D

Great mix of itineraries and ships. Enjoy.:cool: