Your Australia Editor Needs You!

Hi Louise,

We have linked 3 cruises on the 'Pacific Princess' for April - June this year.

Panama Canal (FLL-LAX) , a Pacific coastal (LAX-Vancouver) and an Alaskan cruise (Vancouver - Whittier), tacking on a 6 day land tour before coming home.

Reasons - haven't been there before and love natural/rural panoramas more than urban ones.

Want to Know Anything? Not really. I've had lots of time to research on CC and other places.

All the best with you post. I'm sure it will be well supported :)

Edited by Kinkacruiser

When- 13 May 2015

Ship - Coral Princess

Where - Alaska - 7 nights Vancouver to Whittier

Why - Want to see more of Alaska - this is our second "once in a lifetime" trip to Canada / Alaska. Really want to see loads of Glaciers this time.

Need to know? - Tips on how to beat the crowds at the port - we are not into tours with busloads of people

16 nights in an RV touring Alaska:D

When - 5 June

Ship - Radiance of the Seas

Where - Alaska - 7 nights Seward to Vancouver

Why - Was no more expensive to cruise back to Vancouver with meals, entertainment and accommodation thrown in than it would have been to fly - also gives us a second bite at the cherry if we miss anything or the weather is not so good.

- when are you cruising next? in 4 days! - 8 Feb 2015 :cool: (Flying to San Francisco in a few hours!!

- which ship? Queen Elizabeth

- where to? and why there? San Francisco to Auckland, Why?, as we want to try Cunard.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? already got some ideas and info and joined roll calls :)

• 19 Feb
  • VOTS
  • Sampler out of Sydney
  • We are testing RCI and the reciprocal loyalty programme. We are also testing an inside cabin.

cheers mic:D

Actually, I have thought of something you may be able to find out for me.

Will there be a formal night on this sampler?

The RCI website says that 3 night cruises have one formal night, but my paperwork doesn't confirm it one way or the other.:confused:

Thanks in advance.:D

When- 13 May 2015

Ship - Coral Princess

Where - Alaska - 7 nights Vancouver to Whittier

Why - Want to see more of Alaska - this is our second "once in a lifetime" trip to Canada / Alaska. Really want to see loads of Glaciers this time.

Need to know? - Tips on how to beat the crowds at the port - we are not into tours with busloads of people

16 nights in an RV touring Alaska:D

When - 5 June

Ship - Radiance of the Seas

Where - Alaska - 7 nights Seward to Vancouver

Why - Was no more expensive to cruise back to Vancouver with meals, entertainment and accommodation thrown in than it would have been to fly - also gives us a second bite at the cherry if we miss anything or the weather is not so good.

Juneau is the most crowded port. I'd recommend escaping on a helicopter tour over Mendenhall Glacier. The chopper lands on the ice and a guide takes you for a walk on the glacier (they give you special hiking boots with crampons). It's brilliant!

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

Thanks for all the replies - have read them all! Will look into answers to your questions.

Great to see such a wide mix of destinations, a few back-to-back cruises, and an interesting desire to experiment with different ships and cabin types.

Keep your replies coming!

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

when are you cruising next? 24th May 2015

- which ship? Legend of the Seas

- where to? and why there? Bring her to Australia for the first time. Sailing from Honolulu via Tahiti to Sydney. Haven't been to Tahiti before

- when are you cruising next? 22 Feb 2015

- which ship? Celebrity solstice

- where to? and why there? Australia Top End - part of our aim to circumnavigate Australia (already done Sydney to Adelaide and doing Adelaide to Perth in 2016, then circumnavigation complete :D ). But basically love being on a cruise ship and will cruise to most anywhere where my husband doesn't have to fly in an out taking more than 7 hours)

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? That is what Cruise Critic is for :)

WHEN 8/2/15

SHIP pacific pearl

WHERE/WHY. down south coast to Eden, Mornington, Portland and Kangaroo

Island. Way to see somewhere new always wanted to get to KI.

WANT TO KNOW. Maybe where we will tender to at Mornington and KI to help

with planning my day.

WHEN. 8/7/15.

SHIP. dawn princess

WHERE/WHY. Syd to Perth around the top. Got to use our FCC and good price, get to see our daughter/grandkids in Broome, will be elite on this one and a couple of new ports.

WANT TO KNOW about Lombok

Hi cruisers

Just doing a little research to see what kind of cruises you all like... So please let me know:

- when are you cruising next?

- which ship?

- where to? and why there?

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D)

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

29 March 2015

Celebrity Infinity

Panama Canal, East to West

Finish off 2 week tour of Mexico with Bunnik Tours

No questions

At present checking out Alaskan cruise deals.

- when are you cruising next? 27th March from Sydney to Tokyo - B2B - 33 nights

- which ship? Diamond Princess

- where to? and why there? Sydney to Tokyo - does 3 ports in Vietnam and haven't been there.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D) No, looking forward to seeing the changes on the Diamond though.

Hi Louise

When?- 25th Feb 2015

Ship? - Celebrity Solstice

Where? - Australian Top End - Perth to Sydney

Why? - will see parts of Australia that us and our travelling companions have not seen before. Up a class in ship for us (so we're told) with only a prior cruise on Carnival Spirit (which we thought was great)

Please find out for us .... is there good music on board to listen/dance to? I mean cover band type music from the 70's onwards (we loved Music Manila band on Spirit)

When - 6th March

Who- Carnival Legend to Pacific Islands

Why - after 5 Princess and 1 HAL , thought I'd try Carnival. As a solo the price was great so just upgraded myself from an extended balcony to the Vista aft Suite on deck 4 ! Still cheaper than solo balcony per day on Princess. Will be interesting to compare, I have an open mind and am happy cruising anywhere :)

The real reason why was because I was actually trying to work out logistics for a road trip to visit family around NSW and it all got too hard so booked this by myself ........ Sorry family !!!!

Hi cruisers

Just doing a little research to see what kind of cruises you all like... So please let me know:

- which ship?

- where to? and why there?

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? :D)

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Hi Louise

Going around New Zealand at the end of the year on the Golden Princess. We have made the journey before.

I am interested in finding out more about NZ ports and interesting ideas for shore excursions. For example what to do in Auckland on Christmas Day when the gallery and museum are closed. We haven't been to Gisborne before so I am interested in learning more about that port.

Regards

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

Hi Louise

Going around New Zealand at the end of the year on the Golden Princess. We have made the journey before.

I am interested in finding out more about NZ ports and interesting ideas for shore excursions. For example what to do in Auckland on Christmas Day when the gallery and museum are closed. We haven't been to Gisborne before so I am interested in learning more about that port.

Regards

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

We can recommend getting the ferry over to Devonport. We have twice done Segway tours there and thoroughly enjoyed it (we are in our 60s). Google

Magic Broomstick Tours

Don't know if they operate on Christmas Day.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

Has problems with my format

Hi cruisers

- when are you cruising next? January 2016

- which ship? Sun Princess

- where to? and why there? Indian Ocean Circle Cruise was 50% single supp. have been to most of the ports, but love long cruises. It will be 2 years since my previous cruise.

and

- when are you cruising next? September 2016

- which ship? Pacific Eden

- where to? and why there? New Guinea & Solomon Islands B2B Vanuatu Cruise was 50% single supp. I have not been to NG Or Solomon Isl. Have been to others. Lovely VIP Package. 10% dep. Love smaller ships.

Thanks!

Louise

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Hi Louise,

When and which ship/line should be shown below.

Where; Southern Australia Melbourne return with the Pacific Dawn. And Northern Australia with Sun Princess Brisbane to Freeo.

Why, its all about the itinerary with these two cruises.

Steve.

We can recommend getting the ferry over to Devonport. We have twice done Segway tours there and thoroughly enjoyed it (we are in our 60s). Google

Magic Broomstick Tours

Don't know if they operate on Christmas Day.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have contacted them. They are not sure if they will be operating this Christmas Day. They have closed in the past.however they suggested I contact them closer to the time.

Regards

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

Actually, I have thought of something you may be able to find out for me.

Will there be a formal night on this sampler?

The RCI website says that 3 night cruises have one formal night, but my paperwork doesn't confirm it one way or the other.:confused:

Thanks in advance.:D

There is usually a formal night on the Voyager samplers, but sometimes they don't announce it until shortly before the cruise, so you should get an email with the details. Of course, formal night isn't compulsory (you can go eat in the buffet), but we would all love to see a pic of you in a tux!

9 May 2015

- which ship?

Emerald Princess

- where to?

28 Night round trip from Barcelona heading around the med and greek islands.

why there?

I have always wanted to see Europe and we will do some land travel before and after also.

- anything you want to find out about your cruise? (or should I just wait for you to come back and tell me? )

I wish I knew more about the ports and about whether Princess will be putting shuttles on. I would also like to know if the kids club is open on changeover days as this cruise was sold in blocks of weeks as well.

Edited by silverwillow