Aussie dollar

Probably going to settle around 75c to the US dollar. Thats what they have been pushing for. You just adjust. I remember once travelling to the US when the NZ dollar was 30c to 1 USD. I managed. :D

I think it'll go lower than 75c, I know a bloke who makes or looses a fortune with every 1c and he says about 60-70c

Probably going to settle around 75c to the US dollar. Thats what they have been pushing for. You just adjust. I remember once travelling to the US when the NZ dollar was 30c to 1 USD. I managed. :D

Eek!

But yeah, I travelled across when it was around 60c. Those were the days hey!

Of course the Aussie Dollar is falling - DW and I are planning an overseas trip!

Don't expect it to rise before the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sounds like my sort of luck.

Of course the Aussie Dollar is falling - DW and I are planning an overseas trip!

Don't expect it to rise before the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then that will be just in time for a last minute booking in Sep :D

Hi from Hugh

No doubt there will be less demand for overseas cruising.... but for us cruisaholics, life's too short to wait for the AUD to look good again ;).

Exactly, if we were prepared to cruise when the dollar was low before then we can still cruise now, just maybe not as often or for as long.:D

We have just rung Princess and pre paid USD $2000 in OBC and it cost us $2200 for our cruise in August. Wow! Considering our Aussie Dollar is down so much right now, all it has cost us is 10% with no extra international transaction on our credit card.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have just rung Princess and pre paid USD $2000 in OBC and it cost us $2200 for our cruise in August. Wow! Considering our Aussie Dollar is down so much right now, all it has cost us is 10% with no extra international transaction on our credit card.

Good job.:D

Hi - just curious - does this appear as a "cash advance" on your card or a purchase? We are in the US for 7 weeks later in the year and will be on a Princess cruise near the beginning - it would be a good way to get some cheaper cash.:rolleyes:

Hi - just curious - does this appear as a "cash advance" on your card or a purchase? We are in the US for 7 weeks later in the year and will be on a Princess cruise near the beginning - it would be a good way to get some cheaper cash.:rolleyes:

I've never bought it for myself only for someone else and it showed up as a purchase so had the 90 days [or whatever it is] interest free period.

What ph no did you call?

Tanya

OK I bit the bullet and now have some "cheap" US dollars to spend. Tanya - do you know if Royal do this also? It would work out for our trip southbound in June. I guess I could call.:rolleyes:

They do depending on how you booked. You need to call 1800 754 500 and follow the prompts.:D

OK I bit the bullet and now have some "cheap" US dollars to spend. Tanya - do you know if Royal do this also? It would work out for our trip southbound in June. I guess I could call.:rolleyes:

I would call for sure. There is another thread saying people have been able to buy it. We booked ours through a US TA, so no can do.

I have a Princess booking for Dec,(booked through Aust) so am going to see if I can buy some for that.

Tanya

Tanya, yes you can still buy OBC unless the TA is not an Aussie agency. I have purchased some Princess OBC as well, the exchange rate is still much better than current bank exchange rates.:D

Yes Mick, I have just bought some on board credit for my Princess cruise in Dec. :)

Unfortunately our Feb & June cruises on RCI are through a US TA (but we got a good price) so cant complain too much

Tanya