Elite and New Passenger in same cabin

Cruise Arizona

When we went to the free wine tasting several years ago, DD was turned away. We could have paid for her but decided to drink on our balcony instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, I paid for my DH last week....no biggie.....he should pay he is not elite.;) but then again, I did put it on my card lol..he only needs 1 more cruise and he will be up with me......

Edited by land lover

You posters make me crack up with some of your remarks.

Re: laundry.....a few cruises ago I sent my DH's in under his name and my room steward noticed that he was billed, he told me to contact customer service to have the charges moved to my acct, I noticed on my final bill the charges were credited.

Our cruise last week I had my DH's tux shirt cleaned put it under my name, so no confusion. I hardly ever use the laundry.

The best elite perk I think is afternoon tea in your room and certainly my DH was able to share in this.

Thanks you for all the reports. I suppose if the non-elite is your spouse and you share everything any way (community property and the like) that it is ethical to send the spouses luandry out for free with the elite perk. Otherwise the Elite would just be doing it when she got home.

Though I see that how if the two guests come from separate households one might feel differently about the ethics of sharing the laundry perk.

Please explain how the Priority Tender works (especially when traveling with Elite/Platinum couple). Thanks.

The Elite/Platinum passengers will have tender tickets in their stateroom upon arrival. When ready, respond to the tender disembarkation area and present the tickets to security. If no tickets then present cruise card.

No need to go to retrieve tender tickets when prompted to.

This does not apply when returning to the ship, its first come first served.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Please explain how the Priority Tender works (especially when traveling with Elite/Platinum couple). Thanks.

This is from ship-to-shore only, not for returning to the ship.

If you are elite (platinum does not have this benefit), you simply go to the area where the tenders are being loaded and get on the end of the line that is there and, when asked, show your elite card. You get to bypass going to the dining room where they hand out tender tickets until the demand goes down.

If you are in a suite, there will likely be tender passes there for you. (Your Captain's Circle status does not matter if you are in a suite.) Just present these passes when you get to the end of the tender line.

Ethical behaviour = doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. Especially when no one is watching.

There's been some abuses that have caused cruise lines to crack down on sharing. It used to be that those Platinum and up received unlimited free Internet. Apparently enough of the Platinum/Elite passengers were letting others use their account to the point that Princess realized it, and instituted a limit of complimentary minutes. On some cruise lines, unlimited drink packages have to be purchased by all adults in the same cabin. And I imagine Princess is aware that some Elite passengers are allowing non-Elite passengers to add their clothes for free laundry. At some point, Princess may alter that benefit.

You are the Elite beneficiary. Your cabin mate isn't.

You will receive:

Priority Boarding (includes cabin mate)

One Mini-bar (you may share if you are generous)

Tender priority (includes cabin mate)

Chocolate Covered Strawberries (you may share)

Internet minutes (meant for you alone)

Corsage or boutonniere (one)

Free laundry (meant for you alone)

Elite Disembarkation lounge (includes cabin mate)

Cocktail hour (includes cabin mate)

Elite line at Customer Service (includes cabin mate if you are doing the talking)

10% discount in boutiques (meant for you alone)

Tea service in your cabin (includes cabin mate if you place the order)

Am I missing anything? He/She is going to want to travel with you all the time!

Corsage? I've never gotten one and have been Elite for our past two cruises.

Seriously, ??? you knew the answer before you asked it, you have read cruise critic a lot.... you just want someone to justify you wanting to cheat the system..

To whom are you referring in this comment, it seems out of context so you you just clarify a little better?

Ethical behaviour = doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. Especially when no one is watching.

I do not understand this post. The only benefit that has been of this thread that cannot be shared by a cabin mate is the wine tasting. We have seen those who choose this activity have paid for the one not elgiable. Nobody that has posted here has cheated or done anything illegal. So I do not understad the need to post this quote.

If not shared, it would be the Elite members responsibility to protect the mini-bar from the other passenger.

LOL!!!!!!:D

But seriously, I didn't know the tender perk was shareable??? But never tried to be honest. And some things vary. I've been elite for hmm I think 7 or 8 cruises now, DH one or two less and I have never gotten a corsage nor him a boutonierre. Sometimes we get upgraded towels, sometimes not. Sometimes extra amenities in the bathroom, sometimes not. It's a bit like Christmas, guessing what we'll get this cruise. But whatever, it's all good and I appreciate the extras.

My favorites are the minibar, which we change to water to take on excursions, and the laundry. These we get every cruise!

Have two more booked for this year, will see what happens!

LOL!!!!!!:D

And some things vary. I've been elite for hmm I think 7 or 8 cruises now, DH one or two less and I have never gotten a corsage nor him a boutonniere.

Someone has already corrected me on this perk. I stand corrected, again. These are suite perks not elite perks.

If I could edit my original list, I would, but since I can't, please use this as a reference.

No corsage or boutonniere for Elite members.

Edited by cr8tiv1

platinum do not get the priority tender, only elites and suite people

That leads to my actual question. I'm Elite and wife is Platinum, when we head to the tender will she'll be allowed to get in line & board with me without going to the dining room to get tickets? If no, than I lose this benefit and would have to result in getting tickets like we did when we were both platinum.