Wine choice from classic package...

topside2

Booked on Equinox for March and have the Classic Beverage Package....may I select from the Classic Wine Package for my wine selection...just wondering?

Is your package the alcohol or non-alcohol one? You can def get wine with the classic alcohol package but would be charged to your seapass card for the wine if you have the non-alchohol package.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is your package the alcohol or non-alcohol one? You can def get wine with the classic alcohol package but would be charged to your seapass card for the wine if you have the non-alchohol package.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have the alcohol package and I've seen the list of beers, rums, vodkas, etc.; the reason I'm asking is that we will have wine with our meals and the only wine list I could find were from the classic and premium wine packages. l

We have the alcohol package and I've seen the list of beers, rums, vodkas, etc.; the reason I'm asking is that we will have wine with our meals and the only wine list I could find were from the classic and premium wine packages. l

Yes, they're pretty good at listing the various spirits and beers available on the packages but not the individual wines by the glass. I also drink wine with dinner, white only, and found no problem getting a glass of pinot grigio in the classic package. They have an Italian one that I like although they did run out of it with about three days left and the sommelier just substituted another one which tasted good as well. There is usually a selection of different whites, reds and sparkling to choose from although not nearly as vast a selection as in the Premium package. You can always just try your classic package for a few days and if you're not happy with the selection then upgrade to the premium at that point. Also, different bars and restaurants list different wines by the glass but I never had a problem getting the same type in all the various restaurants...just asked the sommelier for it by name and they got it! Enjoy!!

Yes, they're pretty good at listing the various spirits and beers available on the packages but not the individual wines by the glass. I also drink wine with dinner, white only, and found no problem getting a glass of pinot grigio in the classic package. They have an Italian one that I like although they did run out of it with about three days left and the sommelier just substituted another one which tasted good as well. There is usually a selection of different whites, reds and sparkling to choose from although not nearly as vast a selection as in the Premium package. You can always just try your classic package for a few days and if you're not happy with the selection then upgrade to the premium at that point. Also, different bars and restaurants list different wines by the glass but I never had a problem getting the same type in all the various restaurants...just asked the sommelier for it by name and they got it! Enjoy!!

Thank you all for the helpful responses....Barwick Cruiser we also enjoy Pinot Grigio as well as a good Riesling, we will stay with the classic package as we aren't into martini's or high end cocktails or spirits. Thanks again.

The wine rack in the MDR holds over 2000 bottles! And Celebrity touts the size of the selection.

We will be upgrading to the premium package. The list of wines by the glass I am seeing don't seem to have the premium package wines. Does anyone know what would be offered in the dining room?

On our last Equinox cruise, early 12/14, I stayed w/Classic Package. DH upgraded.

I usually drink a Shiraz or Pinot Noir and seem to remember one of these not being available in the Classic package. Not a big deal since I'm by no means a wine connoisseur.

The sommelier was a nice guy, but didn't see too much of him....Seemed that he had too much to do.

If you plan to stay within "Classic Pkg" limits try the Wente Cabernet Sauvignon. It was within pkg limits when we last cruised with X. We had it by the glass with dinner.[/quote

Mrs. Cheech....Thanks we will try it.

Ahhhhhh, yes, cause if you select from the Premium pkg you pay the entire cost.

We just booked for British Isles in May, 2016. We received a Classic Beverage Package as part of the 123 Options. My question is whether or not spirits and wines are listed on bar menus as "classic" or "premium". We purchased a drink package on NCL and frequently had to pay charges for our drinks because unknowingly we ordered a spirit or wine not included in the package we purchased.

Thanks for the info.

We just booked for British Isles in May, 2016. We received a Classic Beverage Package as part of the 123 Options. My question is whether or not spirits and wines are listed on bar menus as "classic" or "premium". We purchased a drink package on NCL and frequently had to pay charges for our drinks because unknowingly we ordered a spirit or wine not included in the package we purchased.

Thanks for the info.

You can simply look at the drink menu and if it is under the price limit for your package it is included. The specifics are NOT listed on the bar menu. You can either write them down or simply ask the bartender. The liquor side is easy!

It is impossible to give an accurate list of wines that will be served in either package because ships are constantly switching because of availability. On a Millenium cruise we were often offered premium wines at dinner by the sommelier for no extra charge. A friendly attitude goes a long way!

Thanks for the info.

When you order just tell the server or bartender what pkg you have. They will use the right liquor and mix to stay within the pkg limit.

FYI, for $11.80 per day you can upgrade to the Premium pkg and have no worries. Ad if there is something over the $13.00 cap you only pay the difference, not the entire cost like with the Classic.

On our last Equinox cruise, early 12/14, I stayed w/Classic Package. DH upgraded.

I usually drink a Shiraz or Pinot Noir and seem to remember one of these not being available in the Classic package. Not a big deal since I'm by no means a wine connoisseur.

The sommelier was a nice guy, but didn't see too much of him....Seemed that he had too much to do.

My husband and I have the classic drink package for our Bermuda cruise in May. I know we can upgrade (and may do so after a couple of days if we want to go that route), but I thought that if one upgrades, the other has to as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Monica

My husband and I have the classic drink package for our Bermuda cruise in May. I know we can upgrade (and may do so after a couple of days if we want to go that route), but I thought that if one upgrades, the other has to as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Monica

On Celebrity, each person with a classic package can choose to upgrade or not...nothing says you both have to. Enjoy!!

One of my friends in booking Celebrity but she is a strict vegetarian and will only drink vegetarian wine. Does anyone know if there is any on the Classic package?

I am curious, what is vegetarian wine? What makes it different from regular wine?

Laura