Covered vs uncovered and more...

luv2cruz62

I did ask a similar question last week, but just digging for more info.:o

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess in May (Med. Cruise) and have booked into D217 which I know is an uncovered balcony. My TA just phoned and said we could move to Emerald Deck mini suite with covered balcony, at the rear of the ship. I have read that there is some noise from the nightclub below, and was also wondering about movement of the ship being that far back. Is there a lot of movement in the Med at that time of year? We usually stay in the middle to reduce movement.

I prefer a covered balcony in case of inclement weather, and (I know not many but the odd looky loo) from above. Anyone have any opinion on this? I have to call my TA tomorrow morning with our decision.

Thanks for the input.....so undecided....:confused:

We had this Emerald deck cabin and LOVED IT. We were right about the club and heard nothing. We are not late late people so we were in our cabin by 11:30 to midnight and never bothered. We loved it so much we booked 10 months ago to get one of these cabin for our cruise next month. Love it being covered but still a big balcony and enough sun too boot. NOW if you are a sun bunny it may not be for you but it really is nice having the privacy too. And there is little to no movement we noticed from mid to aft location and May is a pretty calm month too.

Edited by planb
add on

I'd choose the Emerald mini, but I don't mind motion. I can't help you with that. Some ships do have noise on the port side. The starboard side is quieter. I always used to tell people that the port side was not that noisy until I was on the Grand in December. It was very noisy.

Emerald deck mini, no question. The only noise that might be heard from below would be if you were in one of the last 2-3 cabins on the port side as those are the cabins directly above the stage. I've had several starboard side minis on Emerald deck and never heard anything. Very quiet and private.

:D Thank you all so much for your input! We have changed our cabin to E725 on starboard side!

So happy with the decision...thanks to all of your 'professional' opinions!!!:p

Edited by luv2cruz62