Hydro Pool

curiouscat

I figured... the last Free hydrotherapy pool was on Celebrity's Mercury.. that ship is gone and so is the HP....

Wow, 199 for a week.. I was just on the Celebrity Reflection and it was $99 for the week... I'll pass thank u very much...

CC

Oh, but the hydro pool is incredible and those heated loungers :D Did you look at pictures of them?

Yes I did and it looks Wonderful !!! .. and I'm a spa brat..

but Im going on this cruise w my mom and Hubby may kill me buying a $199 pass... and then getting a spa treatment.. :D

CC

but Im going on this cruise w my mom and Hubby may kill me buying a $199 pass... and then getting a spa treatment.. :D

CC

I think we paid the 199 for the couple thermal spa package. It's offeered the 1st day of cruise only and I belive they limit to 30 couples or 60 people. it was excellent. We would steam , relax, hydropool sometimes twice a day :D

I figured... the last Free hydrotherapy pool was on Celebrity's Mercury.. that ship is gone and so is the HP....

CC

The free Thalassotherapy pools on Celebrity Constellation was pretty great last month. I think there is a T-pool on all the M class ships but unfortunately not on Solstice Class.

Warm salt water with bubbling jets on shelves where you could perch. And no kids allowed in that pool. Wonderful.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

We just did the Hydrotherapy package on Zuiderdam for 10 days. The cost was $179 for a single and $279 for a couple (first days special price). I know of at least one mother/daughter pair there who were not staying in the same room. They will sell 40 packages, but the pool was never crowded during the entire cruise.

We just missed out on one good opportunity, because we did not know about it. They do give away a free Hydrotherapy package on sailaway day. But you need to get to the spa when you board and sign up for the drawing.

The basic package includes the H pool, sauna, steam room, heated tile loungers, and the relaxation room. Also, the showers are much larger than the ones in the room (at least our room!:))

Thanks.. it shows the the aft pool but doesn't mention the aft was AO...

Hmm.. no Solarium. My husband is very fair and does not care for direct sunlight so this would not be the ship for him.. glad my mom is like me.. Sun,Sun

Does any HAL ship have a Solarium ??

CC

CC

Skip the spa treatment and buy the week pass, you won't regret it. The treatments are overpriced and over in an hour or so. The time on the heated ceramic loungers is heavenly.

Ithaca girl: I agree! We don't do any other spa treatments any more. Absolutely love the thermal suite. It is very quiet and pleasant. We often go twice a day. Once in the morning and then before dinner to unwind/shower. I once spent the sail away just at dusk, from San Juan, on the heated recliners, alone. No one else was there. It was dreamy.

There are sides to the main pool that are covered, so shady, and I am not talking about the cabanas, but tables and chairs you can sit at. I have done this many times. And the loungers on the ship decks always seem to have some shady spots.

Skip the spa treatment and buy the week pass, you won't regret it. The treatments are overpriced and over in an hour or so. The time on the heated ceramic loungers is heavenly.

I agree. I can get a massage or whatever cheaper on land, but that hydro pool and heated ceramic loungers! I can do those over and over every day.

• 3 months later...

I keep seein the cost of $199.00 for a couple based on a 7-night cruise. Our TA just tole me the cost is $250.00 per couple on our 7-day Alaska cruise. Think they are adding money to the fee To increase commission, or is the cost now $250.00? We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam 7-day Alaska cruise in June 2016.

I keep seein the cost of $199.00 for a couple based on a 7-night cruise. Our TA just tole me the cost is $250.00 per couple on our 7-day Alaska cruise. Think they are adding money to the fee To increase commission, or is the cost now $250.00? We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam 7-day Alaska cruise in June 2016.

On our cruises this year, the price was $249 per couple for a seven day cruise.

We were on a 7 night Alaska cruise on the Noordam and paid $249 for a couple as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (well not too old). Does anyone know the approximate depth of the Hydro Pool?

I have to do water exercises and think this would be the perfect place if the depth were approximately 4 feet.

Thanks for your help.

Terri

The price fluctuates by demand. Normally sarts ar $249 but I've seen it drop if low demand.

It may be four feet deep or slightly more. With the lounger on one end and the large whirlpool ring in the middle may not be a lot of room for exercise. Water is supposed to be 98.6 degrees.

The price fluctuates by demand. Normally sarts ar $249 but I've seen it drop if low demand.

It may be four feet deep or slightly more. With the lounger on one end and the large whirlpool ring in the middle may not be a lot of room for exercise. Water is supposed to be 98.6 degrees.

Thanks for your help. I am just looking for a quiet area where I can do some exercise prescribed by a PT. I am thinking that the regular pool would be too crowded and that the heated loungers would be helpful. We are on the Zuiderdam for 22 days beginning July 11.

I have no idea of the cost.

Terri

On my last cruise I just got a day pass for the hydrotherapy pool and I was sorry I hadn't gotten the pass for the whole cruise. It is really relaxing, especially if you have arthritis. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and it is heavenly to go from the warm pool to the heated lounges and watch the world go by out the window.