Bottle Water...Norwegian Jewel

runner5

Someone told me that I would bring my own bottle water onto the ship, the Norwegian Jewel. I have talked to the cruise line, I would have to carry it in my carry on. I know they sell bottle water, but it is ridiculously expensive. Carrying on a case of water seems like such a hassle, but should I? Or is it good enough to bring a sports bottle and refill it in a restaurant or bar?

I find the water available on the ship to be fine (but then I've never seen the need for buying bottled water anywhere).

If you refill a bottle in the buffet then you need to do it via a glass rather than directly into your bottle.

You can get glasses if ice water from any bar, but the ice will probably make transferring to a bottle harder.

Edited by KeithJenner

Someone told me that I would bring my own bottle water onto the ship, the Norwegian Jewel. I have talked to the cruise line, I would have to carry it in my carry on. I know they sell bottle water, but it is ridiculously expensive. Carrying on a case of water seems like such a hassle, but should I? Or is it good enough to bring a sports bottle and refill it in a restaurant or bar?

There are better forms of exercise than lugging around a case of bottled water.

If you choose to bring water on boardit remember it has to be sealed and unopened. Use a roller bag that will help ease the load. This time I'm bringing my mother and 13yo nephew and I'll probably bring along some bottled water.

On the Sky in November they offered a bottled water package onboard. I didn't buy the package so I don't know if its is grab one from a bar anytime or a fixed number of bottles you're pre buying.

we have discussed bringing on bottled water and our plan is to put it in a rolling suitcase as a carryon. That way its easy to pull along with us and as we drink the water throughout the week, we will end up with an empty suitcase to fit any purcahses in at the end of the week.

we have discussed bringing on bottled water and our plan is to put it in a rolling suitcase as a carryon. That way its easy to pull along with us and as we drink the water throughout the week, we will end up with an empty suitcase to fit any purcahses in at the end of the week.

We usually bring a case of water. My DH puts in a small suitcase that we then use as our carry-off suitcase the morning of disembarkation it works perfectly.

The environment begs you to bring a sports bottle and refill! We've never bought water on the ship and stayed plenty hydrated with H20. It's also very available and cheap in ports if you are afraid to drink the water there.

The environment begs you to bring a sports bottle and refill! We've never bought water on the ship and stayed plenty hydrated with H20. It's also very available and cheap in ports if you are afraid to drink the water there.

The water on the ship is fine and my DH drinks it. I am not concerned about the water in the ports because I drink my adult beverages with ice. I just happen to enjoy the water I bring with me.

I also bring my own selection of the wines we enjoy at home. What can I say I love my creature habits even on a cruise.;)

The water on the ship is fine and my DH drinks it. I am not concerned about the water in the ports because I drink my adult beverages with ice. I just happen to enjoy the water I bring with me.

I also bring my own selection of the wines we enjoy at home. What can I say I love my creature habits even on a cruise.;)

So what you are saying is that you drink the water in the ports and have not had any problem.

So what you are saying is that you drink the water in the ports and have not had any problem.

We sometimes go off of the beaten path. Depending on where we stop for our "adult beverage" the ice is sometimes made with local water. We are long in tooth and have never had an issue but then we are not drinking glasses and glasses of water. We go by the,"alcohol will kill everything rule". Then again maybe not:eek::)

Although we did take bottled water on the ship I am perfectly fine drinking the ships filtered water it tasted fine. I did see a lot of people with their own water bottles that they would just refill. I also some people coming out of their cabins with their own soda. So it just depends. We had the UBP on this past cruise so I didn't take my own soft drinks this time. Last time I took an 8 pack of Coke zero in my rolling carry on. Have Fun!

OP, you can bring your own bottled water onto the ship (security protocols at specific ports might vary with the ship, however) - generally speaking, if you wish, as part of your carry-ons & available for inspection if necessary or as checked luggage (make sure it's securely taped/packaged or in a case, etc.) and that they are sealed/unopened (security on the lookout for those infamous rum "runners")

Ship's water are perfectly fine, 100% safe to consume as thousands of crew members & officers drink them daily - just as safe and clean as those branded bottled water, if not better. Ever think about those ice cubes on the ship or do you provide your own.

Each of us bring a 20 oz. BPA-free water bottle to use on the ship, plus my favorite Starbuck insulated thermos - and, just transfer them from the fountain at the buffet with a clean glass to ours. Going on shore, a small insulated folding lunch tote keep it chilly enough for a few hours with crushed ice added. Nowadays, ships are providing flavored water so we drink very little sugar water (soda) aside from some ginger ale.

Better for planet earth & fewer plastic into the landfills or to be recycled - and our wallets got extra bills for other spending. Of course, that choice is ours to make and yours to decide - enjoy the Jewel, it's been a few years since we sailed her.

Ship's water are perfectly fine, 100% safe to consume as thousands of crew members & officers drink them daily - just as safe and clean as those branded bottled water, if not better. Ever think about those ice cubes on the ship or do you provide your own.

Actually the ship's water (and ice cubes made from it) still contains a lot of salt compared to bottled water and the salt is one of the reasons why some prefer drinking bottled water.

For me personally ship's water - while technically very clean and drinkable - has often too much chlorine for my taste (in Finland we have naturally very clean tap water unlike many other places in the world) and that is the reason why I opt to drink (albeit often lesser quality) bottled water on cruises if I can.