Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Puerto Rico is one of the ports with a specific exception, not a distant port. It is not sufficient to visit the port (such as Cartagena which is a distant port) , but you can get on in Miami and off in San Juan.

Though I have no disagreement as to the extent of it being ridiculous, it was originally intended to protect U.S. shipping interests. After the bankruptcy of "Project America", I somehow expected some sort of re-write, but all that wound up happening was an exception for Pride of America.

Suffice it to say, that I mostly believe that the cruise lines aren't as interested in getting this law changed or repealed as CC'ers here would like.

I also think the Stevedore union has enough power to keep it the law from being amended or repealed. I'm not going to get into too many details but there the the USCBP (Customs and Border) rewrote the regulations implementing the statute that would have required all cruise sailing to Hawaii to spend 48 hours in ONE distant foreign port. The CBP did not like the short Ensenada stop some lines including RCI were using. The way the regulation was written could have led to all cruises leaving from US Ports having to have one 48 hours stop in a distant foreign port. It was like pulling teeth to get this regulation changed even with some very powerful Senators opposing the regulation but it helped (if I remember correctly) that the cruise lines agreed to have embarkation or disembarkation in Ensenada. Dumb law protecting a nearly non-existent US Passenger line industry.

Ovation has appeared in the Hong Kong port calendar for the repo to Australia late 2016. She arrives at HK Thu Nov 24 at 1100 hrs and departs Fri Nov 25 at 2000 hrs.

Assuming a stop at HCMC, she would arrive at Singapore on Wed Nov 30.

If Ovation follows Explorer's 10 night itinerary from Singapore to Perth confirmed for Nov of this year, with calls at KL, Langkawi and Phuket, she would arrive in Perth on Dec 10. Given she is confirmed to call at Melbourne on Dec 13, it is likely that Ovation will have less port calls between Sing and Perth, arriving on Dec 8 or 9. The latter would preclude a stop at Adelaide imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ovation has appeared in the Hong Kong port calendar for the repo to Australia late 2016. She arrives at HK Thu Nov 24 at 1100 hrs and departs Fri Nov 25 at 2000 hrs.

Assuming a stop at HCMC, she would arrive at Singapore on Wed Nov 30.

If Ovation follows Explorer's 10 night itinerary from Singapore to Perth confirmed for Nov of this year, with calls at KL, Langkawi and Phuket, she would arrive in Perth on Dec 10. Given she is confirmed to call at Melbourne on Dec 13, it is likely that Ovation will have less port calls between Sing and Perth, arriving on Dec 8 or 9. The latter would preclude a stop at Adelaide imo.

Only time will tell but I got this email last week

Cruise Express is thrilled to be able to offer you the opportunity to be on her first arrival into Sydney as part of a 15 night sailing from Singapore in November 2016.

Just got off Navigator of the Seas (awesome ship and crew), the crew told us its leaving in November going to Europe, it was destined to go to China, but was changed recently.

Best news in weeks, it's bad enough we lost Mariner . .

Before they bump it t the San Juan board, Norwegian Air has announced direct flights to/from Copenhagen and London to/from San Juan.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199382

http://finchannel.com/index.php/business/travel-news/item/42932-norwegian-launches-new-routes-to-the-caribbean-and-croatia-from-london-Gatwick

This has been in the works since the OneWorld partial pull out of the San Juan market.

http://jansaviation.com/news.php?art=american,-oneworld-pull-out-of-san-juan

While it has not moved ahead, rumor has it that Norwegian will soon expand their hubs at Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga to include long-haul service to some of the same destinations they fly to from Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm and London Gatwick.

I am still patiently waiting for the rest of Winter 2017 to be released. . .

Waiting for Explorer Spring 2016!!! Lets get 2016 completed first?

ExOS is going to Singapore and Alaska in Apr/May.:rolleyes:

Only time will tell but I got this email last week

Cruise Express is thrilled to be able to offer you the opportunity to be on her first arrival into Sydney as part of a 15 night sailing from Singapore in November 2016.

Thanks for sharing. That is a fast repo from Singapore to Sydney , since it is almost certainly via Perth and Melbourne (noting the confirmed call at Melbourne 2 days before the first cruise from Sydney). Perhaps only one port call (or none) in Asia along the way.

Sydney ports has been updated today and is now listing Ovation of the Seas as follows:

15th December arrival 10:00 depart 16th December 6:30pm

then 30th December, 9th January, and finally 23rd January.

Thanks woodscruise. One less cruise that I thought we might get from Sydney, but pretty much as expected. The Dec 16 and Jan 9 sailings appear to be destined for NZ via Melbourne (and Hobart?) and the Dec 30 to New

Cali and Fiji I guess.

Looks like they changed the itineraries from cruise cal for Anthem :(. I was looking for that 12 day Southern cruise for March 2017. Royal has made all of March boring Bahama 7 day trips. Did a 8 day Bahama trip this year on Quantum and there are just not enough warm days to make it enjoyable. Disappointing.......but on the bright side we will sail Harmony instead.

Looks like they changed the itineraries from cruise cal for Anthem :(. I was looking for that 12 day Southern cruise for March 2017. Royal has made all of March boring Bahama 7 day trips. Did a 8 day Bahama trip this year on Quantum and there are just not enough warm days to make it enjoyable. Disappointing.......but on the bright side we will sail Harmony instead.

I just noticed that as well. Everything after mid Feb is 7 day cruises on a regular Sunday departure. My guess is that they are trying to capitalize on the spring break market that they would be mostly shutting themselves out of by doing the 12 day cruises.

I also noticed that they are not showing any Holiday cruises yet. On cruise cal there was a 12 day listed that spanned both Christmas and NY but also cut into times that kids were in school. I wonder if that is being changed around as well.

Have room on hold re Grandeur Jan 2017 but can't complete reservation as dining not yet available. So it's on hold until someone calls me tomorrow. Hope I don't lose that room sigh.

Mar56

You better call today after 9:00 am today.