Celebrity, please change the menus

true45

For everybody asking for more vegetables, why don't you just ask? Want more greens? Double your salad.

It's probably because we've always heard that the dinners in the MDR are plated in the kitchen as a group and asking for more of one item would result in a second entree being served. It's news to me that you can ask for more of a side, but as long as it's not inconvenient to my server, I'll give it a try.

It's probably because we've always heard that the dinners in the MDR are plated in the kitchen as a group and asking for more of one item would result in a second entree being served. It's news to me that you can ask for more of a side, but as long as it's not inconvenient to my server, I'll give it a try.

Last year on Equinox, I asked for more asparagus. Our server brought me my regular entree, then a little side dish of extra vegetable. It wasn't extra on the same plate. Perhaps this is the way it was ordered so 2 entrees wouldn't come out?

I had also written earlier that one night I just did 2 salads and an appetizer blue cheese souffle. If Celebrity is reading this, Equinox June 1 2014 sailing, Raymond and Sadhna were amazing.

Sent from my Arc using Forums mobile app

Most nights my DH requests a veggie plate made up of the veggie sides from the meat offerings. He always gets a lovely assortment of 4-6 veggies plus a baked potato. So, if you are a meat-eater and don’t want to eat “haricot verts” every night, just check out the other veggies offered and request what you like.

Since I don’t have to plan the menu or cook it, I’m quite happy with whatever is served!

Great idea!

Sent from my Arc using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I like the current menus.

If you compare them to comparable cruises lines, celebrity has the best offerings. Escargot and New York strip on the always available menu is a good example. No other mass line offers a steak each night no extra charge and will deliver it by room service.

The current menus are the best mass market main dining room menus bar none.

Sounds like most who crave a change want food more like that offered in specialty dining.

For an example of what can happen when the menu is changed go look at the princess board and search on Caribbean menus.

Sounds like most who crave a change want food more like that offered in specialty dining.

Actually, most of the "complaints" about the non-changing menus are from folks like us who cruise celebrity often and are just bored with seeing the same offerings on every cruise. My favorite "absolutely dull" item is the three little bowls of stuff on your table every single dinner in Blu....those never ever change...14 nights of the same...b2b is 28 nights of the same. Never just a bowl of olives...just the same crudities.

I don't want Luminae, Murano, Tuscan Grill items...I just want some other choices. Even local restaurants have specials each night....Celebrity just has the same (old) menus cruise after cruise.

Edited by ghstudio

Has anyone wondered why for example when such wonderful fruit is grown in America that in the buffet fruit salad consists of Melon of a variety of hues along with Pineapple and Orange, other fruits appear in smaller quantities but Melon is the staple.

Well maybe when you take your cruises (January) the fruits you listed are not in season?

It's the same in five star hotels all around the world. Melons, pineapples and oranges keep well and are relatively cheap. Other fruits, especially berries and stone fruit, don't keep as well.

I like the current menus.

If you compare them to comparable cruises lines, celebrity has the best offerings. Escargot and New York strip on the always available menu is a good example. No other mass line offers a steak each night no extra charge and will deliver it by room service.

The current menus are the best mass market main dining room menus bar none.

For an example of what can happen when the menu is changed go look at the princess board and search on Caribbean menus.

Sorry but this is not correct.

Holland America Line serves menus that are changed depending of the cruising area, has a daily steak option, which you can also order for room service during MDR hours, and their menus are very good, with Canadian lobster served ( Cold water lobster, not the rubber warm water langouste that Celebrity serves even in Murano).

The Buffets on Celebrity however stick head and shoulders above the competition. ( except the terrible sushi)

Celebrity does indeed offer the Escargot everyday,mas only main cruise line.

In general, I find the SPG labeled items the best choices. But compared with 8 years ago, the food quality and serving style went quite downhill.

I agree the quality of the food on Celebrity as gone downhill in the past few years. All the cruise lines are trying to make more profits. Offering escargot daily is a huge added plus for me and I ordered it every night on our 14 night Millennium cruise last month. If someone is a first time cruiser on Celebrity they have nothing to compare the current food and service with and think it is wonderful, some of us know better. If people want a gourmet dining experience in the MDR they can book the more expensive cruise lines like Azamara or Oceania that in my opinion have better food.

People should stop complaining so much and enjoy their cruise experience, nothing is perfect. If you don't like what you ordered for dinner get another entree and enjoy your dinner!

Marion

This gives me an idea. I am going to go to a couple of my local restaurants and DEMAND they change there menu because I come frequently and am bored with what you have to offer. And since I come regularly my input is very valuable. Seems like it is time for some to try a different cruise line.
Good restaurants do that with some regularity without even being asked. Perhaps, cruise lines should as well.

So if you look at some of the suggestions for new items what would you give up?

Moussaka , rack of lamb

Coq au vin, pheasant or Kiev

Kielbasa, pork loin

On a mdr menu if you get a new item you usually lose at least one traditional one.

The mdr menus are fine. Specialty dining Venus or suite/blu can provide changes craved by many.

That's just my opinion. I make moussaka at home with ground lamb, only done lamb chops a couple of times. So I do appreciate most foods, but prefer traditional continental style food in the mdr.

Edited by happy cruzer