Konningdam - single occupancy

Hflors

Since HAL is building a new ship Konningdam wouldn't this be a great time for haL to put in a few single occupancy cabins? Maybe just 10 or so. I know there are many on cc who would be able to cruise a lot more if HAL did that. I don't need it now put who knows what will happen in the future.

In trying to do a dummy reservation I found that one must specify a particular cabin rather than just cabin type as you can for inside cabin.

The 12 cabins for solo passengers are ocean view -- not inside.

I did a dummy booking for June 2016 -- once I selected ocean view, the site asked me for a specific cabin. Typed that in -- could have had it if I wanted it.

Not a problem.

Thanks everyone for that info. When I spoke to the future cruise person on Ryndam (and he gave me a set of the ships specs.) he didn't say a thing. That is why I brought it up. I have not had time to look them over, but now I see them. Good for HAL. (and its about time)

OK all I stand corrected!! hehe!!!

About time. Every cruise that we've been on always had solo cruisers. They always talked about having to pay single supplement, which adds a lot to the cost of a cruise. I'm sure this will be welcome news to all solo cruisers.

Allan & Marlane

About time. Every cruise that we've been on always had solo cruisers. They always talked about having to pay single supplement, which adds a lot to the cost of a cruise. I'm sure this will be welcome news to all solo cruisers.

Allan & Marlane

On some cruise lines the solo cabins are almost the same price as having a regular cabin with the single supplement (sometimes the same or even more).

I'll have to try a dummy booking for the new ship and see how the prices compare.

Edited by Scrapnana

Was curious about the pricing so did a dummy booking for the 12 Oct sailing with cabins next door to each other and what I found was:

Single cabin #1011 at $3541

Single occupancy cabin #1013 at $4508

Double occupancy cabin #1013 at $2729 each

hmmmmmmm

Thanks for this. Interesting.

Was curious about the pricing so did a dummy booking for the 12 Oct sailing with cabins next door to each other and what I found was:

hmmmmmmm

This looks like good news to all those single & solo cruisers. Hope in future new ship builds they include more single cabins.

Allan & Marlane

hmmmmmmm

so about a 30% markup as opposed to the 50-100% markup taking place on various categories at the present time... Not bad at all.

hmmmmmmm

Thanks for taking the time to do a dummy booking for us.

hmmmmmmm

I tried a couple of dummy bookings with fairly similar results (slightly smaller supplements). It took me awhile (HAL's website is not the easiest to try dummy bookings) to find one where the cabins were close to each other. Here is my latest result.

OV cabin 1024 - $1519 per person/double occupancy

OV cabin 1024 - $2430 single occupancy - 160% of above

OV cabin 1018(single cabin two away from 1024 and one of the largest single cabins)- $1899 - 125% of cabin 1024's pp/do rate

These figures were from the 31 July, 2016 7-day Viking Saga cruise.