The Caribbean Princess...All to myself (Pictures)

schlot

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the ship in a way that some people have not seen.

My wife and I took our honeymoon on the Caribbean Princess in late January of this year and had a wonderful time.

I wake up early....early as in around 3am, so I would walk the deck alone until she would awaken. Oddly enough no one is up at those hours so I virtually had the ship to myself. The only people I would see for hours would be some of the staff cleaning the deck, etc.

I really loved this time on the ship. It's like a completely different ship then during the day time.

Their is a stark solitude to walking from bow to stern alone, with only the sounds of the engine, the wind and the seas accompanying you.

The dark skies and dark seas form such a stark contrast to the bright lights of the ship. Combine this being alone makes for a serene yet almost eery feeling.

Anyway enough yacking about it. Here are some pictures that I hope you enjoy.

20150128_042022.jpg

20150128_042107.jpg

20150128_041938.jpg

The Calypso Pool and MUTS

20150128_042519.jpg

Looking forward from the stack structure

20150128_042625.jpg

20150128_042945.jpg

The Neptune Pool

Schlot- great photos and I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who gets up early on a cruise (4 a.m for me some mornings) to take photos.

What camera and settings were you using? Any tripod?

Norris

Glad everyone likes them. Have fun our your upcoming cruises

Norris

I just used my Samsung S5 with picture stabilization enabled and a (somewhat) steady hand. :)

Edited by schlot

She looks so beautiful in those pictures. I believe we were on the same sailing, Jan 26-31.

I have the privilege of sometimes working very early in the morning or very late at night at my theme park; the lights and music are off, and the only people around are those cleaning and repairing or painting. It is one of my favorite parts about working there, and working in my department. I have taken some wonderful pictures at or before sunrise, and it is so peaceful and lovely.

She looks so beautiful in those pictures. I believe we were on the same sailing, Jan 26-31.

I have the privilege of sometimes working very early in the morning or very late at night at my theme park; the lights and music are off, and the only people around are those cleaning and repairing or painting. It is one of my favorite parts about working there, and working in my department. I have taken some wonderful pictures at or before sunrise, and it is so peaceful and lovely.

Kim,

I bet that's almost a surreal feeling walking through the theme park.

Glad everyone is enjoying it. Thought it was something a bit different from the typical cruise pictures.

What is the deal with the sticks?

LOL. It was a joke for a few friends. I took pictures of a piece of kindling that I brought with us. I wrote up a quick story about the trip from his point of view.

My sense of humor can get quite obtuse. :)

You can take your towels and reserve any loungers you want beating the chair hogs! If you wander around the ship after 11 PM or so, it will be empty of pax but the night cleaning crew will be working.

We will be on the ship this fall and again next spring. Our previous 2x have been excellent.

Thanks for the lovely photos. I'll be on the CB in April but doubt I will ever be up early enough to see it like this. But now I'm tempted to try. Is there coffee available that early?

You and everyone else are most welcome!

It's kind of addicting actually after a busy day of sightseeing, eating, lounging than more eating with 3500 guests on a single ship, the calm and serenity of the early mornings were very relaxing.

On our first Princess trip on the Ruby I started this odd morning ritual and it stuck with me.

Yes, coffee is available at the International Cafe all the time. That is the only place I would run into ship staff on a reliable basis.

The deck hands would be at various places during the morning. Pool cleaning starts around 4am and putting out lounge chairs follows that.

You can take your towels and reserve any loungers you want beating the chair hogs! If you wander around the ship after 11 PM or so, it will be empty of pax but the night cleaning crew will be working.

We will be on the ship this fall and again next spring. Our previous 2x have been excellent.

LOL. No wrestling for the best lounge chair.....but don't plan on getting a tan. :)

Absolutely right on the late night with no passengers but the staff is out in pretty good numbers.

Thanks for the photos. It shows how peaceful the ship is in those early morning hours. Your right there is a calm and quiet that early on the ship. Passengers just add to it! :rolleyes:

My husband also gets up early because he normally is awake @ 4am because he works nights. It is difficult for him to sleep at night. I think on our next cruise I will tell him its his responsibility to get the early morning pictures!:D