toll road

dapaddo

tollmap_zps821b25c5.jpg

cash lanes are to the RIGHT ... to some they look like an exit so be careful ...

electronic lanes are to the left and do not slow down ... they just go under a 'bridge'

mainline tolls have both attended lanes (change and receipts) and exact change lanes (quarters)

(the single toll plaza was split a few years ago due to residential development along the Beachline ... new residents were having to pay $2 each way, while only traveling from west of DALLAS to points west. The new plaza reduced their toll to $1 each way. The ironic part is if you go back to the 80's there WERE 2 plazas and one was removed to save money .... only to replace it a few years later... albeit in a different location.)

Edited by Capt_BJ

tollmap_zps821b25c5.jpg

cash lanes are to the RIGHT ... to some they look like an exit so be careful ...

electronic lanes are to the left and do not slow down ... they just go under a 'bridge'

mainline tolls have both attended lanes (change and receipts) and exact change lanes (quarters)

(the single toll plaza was split a few years ago due to residential development along the Beachline ... new residents were having to pay $2 each way, while only traveling from west of DALLAS to points west. The new plaza reduced their toll to $1 each way. The ironic part is if you go back to the 80's there WERE 2 plazas and one was removed to save money .... only to replace it a few years later... albeit in a different location.)

Thanks we are renting a car to the port the day before.

Most rental car companies will charge a $3.95 fee for each day you use the Sun Pass lanes plus the added tolls. This can save time and hassle in some cases, while adding a minimal extra expense.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

I usually use this service when in Florida as I am always concerned I will pay the toll and then still be charged later by the rental agency. This may not be the case, but this is convenient as well.

Edited by MADflyer

Most rental car companies will charge a $3.95 fee for each day you use the Sun Pass lanes plus the added tolls. This can save time and hassle in some cases, while adding a minimal extra expense.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

I usually use this service when in Florida as I am always concerned I will pay the toll and then still be charged later by the rental agency. This may not be the case, but this is convenient as well.

I will check when I pick up the car. Thanks, I have a pike pass here in OK love not stopping.

yes and the queue at the 'make change' lane on the Beachline can be 15 or 20 cars long. This usually means only a 5 or 7 minute delay but it can SEEM LIKE an hour as you watch the electron lanes zip by at 70 (plus)

yes and the queue at the 'make change' lane on the Beachline can be 15 or 20 cars long. This usually means only a 5 or 7 minute delay but it can SEEM LIKE an hour as you watch the electron lanes zip by at 70 (plus)

Solution - bring 8 quarters. :D

Or to avoid the tolls, you can also take Hwy 50 to I-95 or A1A, but that is out of the way, and a LOT of traffic. I had heard that FL toll roads are also using license plate tolls, but not positive if that's true, and if it is, what additional fees the rental car agencies will charge you for doing this. I had done it years ago in CO with a HERTZ rental car (there is NO option in CO to pay cash tolls).

:)

We will driving down from Tallahassee to Cocoa Beach the day of our cruise. What would be the approx. toll for that ? So I can be prepared for it . Can you use dollar bills and quarters if needed ? Thanks :)

Son went to FSU while we lived near Cocoa

after a few trips we decided the turnpike saved no time and was no better traffic wise than going I-10 to Jax then 95 (used 295 to go around the city proper)

son now lives in Mobile and when either of us drive back and forth, same deal.

I-10 to Jax and 95

no tolls

distance wise the difference is something like 10 miles, time nothing .... sometimes getting thru Orlando for the turnpike was an issue ... we skip it.

I hate 95 and avoid it at all costs. I live in Chicago proper, so I know how to drive in traffic...but 95 is insanity. Especially from my parents house in Delray to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

95 in north and central FL is really no big deal

I hate 95 and avoid it at all costs. I live in Chicago proper, so I know how to drive in traffic...but 95 is insanity. Especially from my parents house in Delray to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

South Florida on 95 is bad, so is the Dan Ryan in ChiTown, 25 in Denver, any highway in LA, Atlanta, NYC