C & A Status printed on the Set Sail pass?

Has something changed, or am I just having a senior moment? I thought the Set Sail pass has a section that indicated your C & A status? I know it prints on the luggage tags, but I could have sworn it was also on the set sail pass, as the RCI staff at the port would look at it and direct you in the correct registration lines? 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, it is on your Sea Pass card. It is in capital letters in the center of the bottom of the front of the card. We were on Navigator last week 1/25-2/1/2015.

If you are in a Grand Suite or higher you actually get a bright gold colored card

no matter what your C&A status is. However, you could be diamond plus and still get a regular blue colored card with diamond plus written in the center of the bottom of the front of the card.

The gold card gets you into Chops for breakfast and lunch, into the Concierge Lounge, reserved seats for ice shows, stage productions, and reserved seats by the pool and more.

Has something changed, or am I just having a senior moment? I thought the Set Sail pass has a section that indicated your C & A status? I know it prints on the luggage tags, but I could have sworn it was also on the set sail pass, as the RCI staff at the port would look at it and direct you in the correct registration lines? 😊

Yes it is on the set sail pass. It is located just above the deck that you are on. It is also located by your name just above where you sign.

That happened to us as well. I was using Internet Explorer. Try using another browser. I went it under Google Chrome and printed it and then it had our status on it.

I have read about it happening to others as well.

Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind. I just printed mine using internet explorer, it is most definitely NOT there, and this is the first time I've had this issue. I've always used internet explorer. Will try google chrome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies! Printed using Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, and my status is now there! I was beginning to think that priority boarding was the latest perk to go bye bye...as I finally reach diamond plus.... 😁

Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind. I just printed mine using internet explorer, it is most definitely NOT there, and this is the first time I've had this issue. I've always used internet explorer. Will try google chrome!

Just write it on there

Our cards ended up not having our C&A status on them. If it's an issue, just take them to Guest Services on the ship and they will either give you a sticker or new card.

That's interesting. I spent half an hour on the phone with C & A last week, after DH received a letter welcoming him to "Emerald" status, which he most certainly is not, as we've taken most of the same cruises together and following our last cruise, we are now D+. I've taken a few cruises with girlfriends that he has not, but he is Diamond in his own right, and should share my status regardless. Apparently there are two different records under his name with different birth dates, but I assume if it's still not fixed when we board, I will have to get this squared away at guest services, lest he not receive his three free beverages preloaded on his card. 😳

Last month we had three B2B cruises. Used IE to print (needed two as we were changing ships). One had it and one didn't. So I'm not so sure that you can blame IE.

but I assume if it's still not fixed when we board, I will have to get this squared away at guest services, lest he not receive his three free beverages preloaded on his card.

In our experience they will not deal with this and will send you to the LA. Then you have to sign a book to get a time only for them to tell you it has to be researched and then the cruise is over. Luckily one card has been right so we just used that one for the lounge

Edited by setsail

In our experience they will not deal with this and will send you to the LA.

Hmmmmm, great....thanks for the info....guess I will try and call C & A tomorrow. Don't want to be running around trying to get this squared away on the the first day of our cruise.....

Last month we had three B2B cruises. Used IE to print (needed two as we were changing ships). One had it and one didn't. So I'm not so sure that you can blame IE.

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using? I'm now on windows 8. Since I have migrated, there have been several websites that don't seem to function well with IE.

It's printed on the set sail and sea pass, and sometimes it is wrong, like this past summer both DH and DD were listed as platinum and me as Emerald. We were Emerald.

So once on board, went to loyalty ambassador to correct it, then to customer service to get new sea pass cards.

Safe journey

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using? I'm now on windows 8. Since I have migrated, there have been several websites that don't seem to function well with IE.

Windows 7. I refuse to go to 8. Too many problems. Hopefully this computer will last until Windows 10 is out.

Perhaps it may not have anything to do with the operating system. I use a Mac and after reading the posts here, I double checked my SetSail passes to check to see what they said.

I had 2 Set sail passes printed out. Upon checking, I found that the Setsail pass that I printed out right from the website after completing all the check in information did not have the 'D' status on it (that's for Diamond.... I assume :) ). The 2nd one I had printed was after I received an email from RCI saying that my Setsail pass was ready to print. So I did. That one had the "D" on it.

So, it appears that maybe it has to do with when you print it out. At least, from my experience it did.

That happened to us as well. I was using Internet Explorer. Try using another browser. I went it under Google Chrome and printed it and then it had our status on it.

I have read about it happening to others as well.

That's what I found. :D Google Chrome works for me to print loyalty level on the SetSail. Internet Explorer doesn't. But Mommabean said Chrome didn't work for her, so I don't know.

I do know that I can't seem to use IE on the Royal Caribbean website anymore to search for a cruise. All of the "month" boxes are grayed out....stupid browsers. So I've been using Chrome for the website, too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc

It's printed on the set sail and sea pass, and sometimes it is wrong, like this past summer both DH and DD were listed as platinum and me as Emerald. We were Emerald.

So once on board, went to loyalty ambassador to correct it, then to customer service to get new sea pass cards.

Safe journey

A couple of cruises ago I got a card with pin attached on my bed with welcome to Emerald printed on it. I thought it was a nice gesture even if it was way wrong. I'm Pinnacle but we were never Emerald so I'll keep it for my collection.

Royal Caribbean: Consistently Inconsistent.

One other thing to be aware for the people using non US credit cards for their on board account is that IE also doesn't seem to print the little tick in the box where you choose whether to let RCI do the currency conversion on your account or whether you want your credit card provider to do it. Google Chrome seems to be OK.

Has anyone tried putting Royal's site on the compatibility list of IE? I have to use compatibility for Cruise Critic to work properly otherwise my "quick links" goes away.

Just added it. Good idea! :D If it does work, I may need to try a re-boot, because it is apparently not immediate. :) The boxes are still grayed out.