Shampoo, etc. only on request?

I am not sure if it is still the case, but Vision was the only ship in the fleet I know of that had removed the dispensers from standard cabin showers and only gave small bars of soap. Shampoo and other amenities were only available to suite guests on Vision.

It was a bit comical as we had taken an inside across from our JS mainly to get the shower but had to get the shampoo from the JS to take over to the inside, even though we had the same cabin attendant for both.

Had to ask last cruise and was in a JS. I really think most importantly it is the cabin steward...some are over the top fabulous and some are just coasting along doing the littlest possible. Ask, remember they never know what you want if you don't let them know. The kids (4 of them) had an IS and for the first 3 days only had 2 sets of towels. When I found out, it was a simple request. Never had to ask again.

wow, didn't think of this, it's been so long since I cruised. Will I need to pack shampoo and soap? I think my level is Aluminum, and I'm in a broom closet.

LOL!! Aluminum! I guess that's me, also---in my lowly inside cabin! LOL! Last year I sailed The Independence, and they provided only the (harsh) shampoo in a dispenser, and a small bar of soap. I am bringing my own personal products this time. Leaving Saturday on the Oasis!

wow, didn't think of this, it's been so long since I cruised. Will I need to pack shampoo and soap? I think my level is Aluminum, and I'm in a broom closet.

If you are at all finicky, bring your own favorites from home.

If you are satisfied with any shampoo and any soap, basic stuff will be in the cabin (except, evidently, no shampoo dispenser now on Vision).

Had to ask last cruise and was in a JS. I really think most importantly it is the cabin steward...some are over the top fabulous and some are just coasting along doing the littlest possible. Ask, remember they never know what you want if you don't let them know. The kids (4 of them) had an IS and for the first 3 days only had 2 sets of towels. When I found out, it was a simple request. Never had to ask again.

I think you're right. The last two junior suites we didn't have to ask.

I also thought I read somewhere that they were going to ask you to bring your own sheets, board according to your IQ and require everyone on the ship to buy the Ultimate Beverage Package. I need to look for those threads because I am certain I remember reading them.

Edited by KevInPitt

That's the part I'm worried about. I'm sailing on Enchantment. Isn't that Vision class? Will I need to bring shampoo?

jenny

The lack of shampoo in the shower/bathtub seems to be a Vision of the Seas thing. We had shampoo in the bath on Enchantment this past October.

That's the part I'm worried about. I'm sailing on Enchantment. Isn't that Vision class? Will I need to bring shampoo?

jenny

Yes, it is Vision class, but, best I can tell, it is only Vision herself that had dispensers removed (not the whole class). Sounds odd, but I believe my fellow posters.

You probably will like the shampoo you bring from home a lot better than the dispenser stuff.

Edited by Starry Eyes

If you are at all finicky, bring your own favorites from home.

If you are satisfied with any shampoo and any soap, basic stuff will be in the cabin (except, evidently, no shampoo dispenser now on Vision).

Agreed. Don't understand why it is such an issue to bring your favorite shampoo, shower gel etc - I think most women prefer their own anyway. I bring it for hotels so why not the cruise ship also?

Agreed. Don't understand why it is such an issue to bring your favorite shampoo, shower gel etc - I think most women prefer their own anyway. I bring it for hotels so why not the cruise ship also?

While that's true, a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner is one additional thing that must be packed - and it must be put into your checked luggage if you are flying in that day to avoid the 3oz rule problems. Adds a lot of bulk and weight which can be an issue when they charge for bags.

We'll get by with the wall dispensers (as cheap as that stuff is) but with my wife's hair she would require at least 4 of those little bottles available in the suites.

There was no dispenser, in our shower, on the Quantum. No little bottles of shampoo, etc. I didn't think to ask the stateroom attendant for them. I was just glad I had bought a bottle of shampoo before boarding.

No chocolates on the pillow, No ship postcards, no paper or pens. What will they do away with next?

While that's true, a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner is one additional thing that must be packed - and it must be put into your checked luggage if you are flying in that day to avoid the 3oz rule problems. Adds a lot of bulk and weight which can be an issue when they charge for bags.

We'll get by with the wall dispensers (as cheap as that stuff is) but with my wife's hair she would require at least 4 of those little bottles available in the suites.

If their shampoo works for you and your wife, that is great. If neither of you need/want conditioner, that is great too, as it will cut down the luggage weight a bit. My hair is just too finicky for that plan, so I'll keep packing small to medium (not big) bottles of shampoo and conditioner when I travel. I'd be better off packing fewer shoes or one less outfit if my luggage is too heavy or bulky. We all have our priorities.

Edited by Starry Eyes

There was no dispenser' date=' in our shower, on the Quantum. No little bottles of shampoo, etc. I didn't think to ask the stateroom attendant for them. I was just glad I had bought a bottle of shampoo before boarding.

No chocolates on the pillow, No ship postcards, no paper or pens. What will they do away with next?[/quote']

They save $2.00 on shampoo, .05 on a postcard, .20 on a pen and paper, $1.00 on chocolates for a 7 day cruise the bean counters hard at work.

We would not use the postcard, paper or pen but what they loose in good will and a sense of class by cutting $2.75 from a cruise you likely paid $2,500.00 for I can only say Wow!

We're driving, so we don't have to worry about the 311 bag.

What I'm worried about is being called to the naughty room to retrieve my $1.98 bottle of Suave. Since some people use these.

http://www.amazon.com/Smuggle-Mug-16oz-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B00JYAEUGM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423610346&sr=8-4&keywords=rum+runner+flask