"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I probably should have looked closer, your PVP is correct: Miracle does have itin's scheduled to the first week of March 2017 - all Mexican Riveria with the exception of that Journeys cruise in January. Dang..... :mad:

I think those cruises would not stop them from moving the ship if after the Hawaii Journey cruise, or they could wait. I still feel confident that the move will occur.

I agree that it means it probably wont happen before then, It could very well happen after that.

Looks like Splendor is now scheduled to the first week of March as well.

It did occur to me (after reading your posts) that the Miracle (and maybe Splendor) could repo through the Canal in March 2017 versus January. I've just been too focused on that January time frame but March would be OK as well.

It did occur to me (after reading your posts) that the Miracle (and maybe Splendor) could repo through the Canal in March 2017 versus January. I've just been too focused on that January time frame but March would be OK as well.

That's what I think is going to happen. The hold up may be that they waiting to see how the canal expansion goes. Then they can bring the Splendor through the new canal.

If it happens I would love to be on both so hoping they are not at the same time.

Let's see what happens this week! Hopefully we will find out what's in store for the Splendor and Miracle!

Agree, that would be outstanding. I'm just wondering though if they would make another announcement regarding those two so soon on the heels of last week's extension of their current itineraries through the end of February 2017. I kind of got the impression those extensions were a "buying time" situation while the Canal work progresses. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days..... maybe. ;)

Edited by joepeka

The next ship dancing update I want is the 2017 schedule out of Norfolk. We usually get a small number of sailing each year. I'm always hoping the number will go up!

This year we had the Splendor for May and October, and it sold insanely well.

Next year we have the Sunshine for a few sailings in June and October. According to my TA, it's selling out fast.

I'm not holding my breath for a year round ship here (I wish!), but I am hopeful that one of these days we might get a longer season, maybe 3 - 6 full months with more varied itineraries. Norfolk is well positioned to offer Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada/New England, and could do Eastern Caribbean on longer sailings.

Agree, that would be outstanding. I'm just wondering though if they would make another announcement regarding those two so soon on the heels of last week's extension of their current itineraries through the end of February 2017. I kind of got the impression those extensions were a "buying time" situation while the Canal work progresses. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days..... maybe. ;)

That's what I was thinking too! Hopefully we will find out soon what going to happen! ;D I have a feeling this next round of dancing w/ the ships may have something to do with the future of the Fantasy?? Since that was left to he continued from the last move of the dancing! What I've been dying to know is where splendor and Miracle will be heading!! I just want the Splendor to come back home to Long Beach!!

That's what I was thinking too! Hopefully we will find out soon what going to happen! ;D I have a feeling this next round of dancing w/ the ships may have something to do with the future of the Fantasy?? Since that was left to he continued from the last move of the dancing! What I've been dying to know is where splendor and Miracle will be heading!! I just want the Splendor to come back home to Long Beach!!

Keep hearing rumors fantasy will be sold soon and leave the fleet

John Heald posted on his FB page that the next round of ship dances will be announced on Wednesday (Sept 23).

In fact, he ended his post with something like "Yaallll..."

Never seen him talk "Suthin" before - and the timeframe for the announcement about Mobile was "near the end of September".

Too subtle?

I hope you are right, haven't given up all hope yet. I'm looking for a 'filler' cruise now for 2016.... want to save my pennies and go all out for a full transit on the Miracle in 2017. :)

In fact, he ended his post with something like "Yaallll..."

Never seen him talk "Suthin" before - and the timeframe for the announcement about Mobile was "near the end of September".

Too subtle?

I noticed that "y'all" in his FB post but didn't think much of it until you mentioned it. As others have speculated, it's probably the return of a ship to Mobile that will be announced tomorrow - which is great for those folks. :)

John Heald posted some pictures of the Carnival Fantasy, "Carnival Fantasy have you sailed on her??" I have a big feeling tomorrow's announcement will most likely be what ship is heading to Mobile, and I think that ship is most likely going to be the Fantasy.

He also mentioned about what ship will be getting 2.0 upgrades, we also find that out tomorrow! I hope it'll be the Splendor or Magic getting them!

if it's about the Mobile Move, Re-positioning and a Funship 2.0, I think that Fantsy will move to Mobile and get full (As many as they can) Funship 2.0 enhancements before it moves so that they can see how it works out, Splendour and Miracle will also get 2.0 and another homeport will be getting a ship that was not expected.

if it's about the Mobile Move, Re-positioning and a Funship 2.0, I think that Fantsy will move to Mobile and get full (As many as they can) Funship 2.0 enhancements before it moves so that they can see how it works out, Splendour and Miracle will also get 2.0 and another homeport will be getting a ship that was not expected.

Miracle just came out of dry dock and got 1.5. I can see Splendor getting 2.0 but not Fantasy. The move is going to be Fantasy moving to mobile.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There are so many clues about this whole Mobile speculation on John Heald's page. Last picture is a Fantasy class ship sailing from Mobile, and from what I've read, there's supposed to be some big press event @ the port of Mobile tomorrow morning. So tomorrow's announcement highlight will be what ship is going to Mobile.

I still have some hope we will possibly find out where Splendor and Miracle are going, but like TheCruiseDirector mentioned, we will probably see another home port getting a ship that was not expected! I'm super anxious to find out tomorrow announcement though!!

Hope we do not get hacked and loose the 7 day cruises again. Just wish they would put a nicer ship for the 3-4 day cruises also.

I hope we don't either! They can't stop the 7 day to Mexico, they're very popular and I think pretty profitable, since prices for Mexican riviera cruises are usually more than what a 7 day Caribbean cruise would cost! I'm really hoping we get a newer ship again, I want Splendor to come back home to Long Beach!!

Miracle just came out of dry dock and got 1.5. I can see Splendor getting 2.0 but not Fantasy. The move is going to be Fantasy moving to mobile.

If Fantasy Class ships are moving around please let it be Fantasy to JAX and Elation to Mobile. Or better yet, Fantasy to Mobile, Fascination back to Jax and Elation to Miami.

Elation just feels like that hotel in town that was stylish and very "now" 20 years ago, but now looks really dated and cheap and has drug busts every other week.

Edited by mike_ga